The Daily for Wednesday Oct 14, 2020

richwmn

Good afternoon!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. Everyone has posted great pictures today. The meal suggestion sounds good but we had rice last night so will probably have something else. This morning my Mom and I went for pedicures and then lunch. It is a small local Mexican food restaurant that has been around for years and they were busy, I’m glad to see them doing so well. I had a Chili Relleno and Mom had a taco and cheese enchilada and we both had a lite beer. So yummy. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Just had to pop in to say I'm feeling sorry for myself right now.  Today we were to have been in Barcelona and I should have been sipping on at least my 3rd sangria right now.  Instead I'm at home, raking leaves, waiting for the snow to come . . . sigh.

@Horizon chaser 1957  I'm happy your luggage all arrived without incident or breakage!

@Overhead Fred  I love your condo - glad you had a great offer for it!

@bennybear  Our son sent photos from Calgary this morning which looked quite similar to yours.  Sorry.

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

I feel your pain Gerry.  We would have been in Japan by now 😞 

It is what it is.  

Here’s the way I’m trying to look at things and need to remind myself constantly:

1A347808-C367-4AC0-A92A-D7CDD4FC81A3.thumb.jpeg.4a5a1b7e8530fbda207e5e93fd7aa530.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, richwmn said:

At Sea Atlantic
Nieuw Statendam destination Southampton eta 10/15

Pic of the Scheveningen (The Netherlands) anchorage with Nieuw Statendam still in place. She has since departed for Southampton, England. Scheveningen is both a district as well as subdistrict of Holland's third (just for Sir PMP 😉 ) city, The Hague/Den Haag

121446309_3671459702885663_6991147042924138668_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=2sPtgktMbc4AX_v0DIC&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=6370cfdb4ce29e4dc5081273e49e3216&oe=5FADF8AF

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, richwmn said:

Meal Suggestion for today - Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole

I'm no cook and not really a fan of casseroles but used this as a jumping off for a simple impromptu dish along the same lines.  I took some instant brown rice, chopped up a couple of chicken McNuggets, and a few frozen vegetables and popped them in the microwave.  It worked out fairly well.

IMG_8951.JPG.a57c94a84260d1fecd1d37feac071b37.JPG

Roy

• Like 7

12 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for asking, cat.  My niece is feeling much better and her quarantine will end shortly assuming she is not shedding the virus.

My sister and BIL tested negative, however considering how badly my sister is feeling, they have recommended she be re-tested on Thursday as there can be false negatives in the early days of the virus.  She is really unwell with fever, fatigue and shortness of breath 😞  

Hope your sister will soon improve, and be back to normal.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! We have pumpkin pie and Red Velvet cake in the fridge, so National Dessert Day is on! 
Our 2020 GWV luggage is home! All four pieces arrived together - no damage, nothing broken, no funky smells! Even the porcelain platters with a map commemorating what might have been are in perfect shape. I’ve forgotten what I bought, and there are new Gala night dresses that have travelled for ten months and still never been worn. It’s like Christmas!

3DE6DC48-8E0A-4F56-8818-AB7417B67EEC.jpeg

B35E305E-6FF4-4CEA-A22E-FBF2C8893834.jpeg

You will be so pleased to finally have your luggage in good condition, the platters look lovely.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Hope your sister will soon improve, and be back to normal.

Thanks kindly ❤️ We are all praying for her.

She's much younger than I, so she has that on her side.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! We have pumpkin pie and Red Velvet cake in the fridge, so National Dessert Day is on! 
Our 2020 GWV luggage is home! All four pieces arrived together - no damage, nothing broken, no funky smells! Even the porcelain platters with a map commemorating what might have been are in perfect shape. I’ve forgotten what I bought, and there are new Gala night dresses that have travelled for ten months and still never been worn. It’s like Christmas!

3DE6DC48-8E0A-4F56-8818-AB7417B67EEC.jpeg

B35E305E-6FF4-4CEA-A22E-FBF2C8893834.jpeg

You only had 4 suitcases for a World Cruise?  Plug you were able to pack all this stuff?  Wow.  I think you should give us a tutorial on how to pack 🙂

I am in awe and awe nothing was damaged.

You could do a tutorial on how 

• Like 6

Thanks Rich for the thread, and Roy for the lists. Thanks @cat shepard for the wine selection @summer slope for the drinking of the day. To @kazu and @Seasick Sailor, I always look forward to the cartoon chuckles.

@Overhead Fred what a lovely place you had! How nice to sell so quickly at the price that you wanted!  Yeah to @Horizon chaser 1957 for the return of your luggage in such good condition. I agree with others....mariner points for all those who should have been in the cabin. @bennybear, I don't know where you are located, but please keep it there! 

Prayers for all those that need them. Please take care....time to travel the world with Amazing Race!

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2020 at 5:06 PM, Copper10-8 said:

Pic of the Scheveningen (The Netherlands) anchorage with Nieuw Statendam still in place. She has since departed for Southampton, England. Scheveningen is both a district as well as subdistrict of Holland's third (just for Sir PMP 😉 ) city, The Hague/Den Haag

121446309_3671459702885663_6991147042924138668_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=2sPtgktMbc4AX_v0DIC&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=6370cfdb4ce29e4dc5081273e49e3216&oe=5FADF8AF

Copper 10-8, I loved the picture.  How did you get it?