Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I feel fairly confident now that enough of the reps have been telling people 4 nights that Royal would now have a hard time changing this to 3 points. 

Thanks. A very nice outcome after a day of confusion.  As a result we should be Diamond+ on our late 2021 cruises.  We are looking forward to the extra perks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

So if I understand this correctly, when we sail in the Star Loft on Allure in Feb. we will each get 4 points instead of 2?  And this applies to all cruises already booked, not just new ones.

Thanks for any clarification.

Correct.  All cruises sailing in 2021. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just received a reply back on Twitter where I specifically mentioned that they had been telling people 3 or 4 nights and they apologized for the confusion and said it was 4 nights for guests in a suite.

From my recollection of yesterday it was early responses that were saying 3 nights and as the day went on and the reps received clarification 4 points per night seemed to be the common answer.  

Kind of like when they started off saying previous bookings were not eligible. 

If true, that means solo in a studio is 2 pts, solo in a regular cabin is 4 pts, and solo in a suite is 6 pts.🤔

There's the WOW

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, boogybaby said:

Hi, I’ve just looked at the uk site and can’t see the banner!, please can you say where it was I’m wanting to screen shot the proof. Is there a chance royal will extend the offer to May 22 like Celebrity, thanks janice 

Hello,

Here is a screenshot at 14:45

image.png.956abc63925d1f49435ec012c144074a.png

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

After a all day back and forth with my TA and her back in forth with Royal, first saying that I had to reprice and rebook at a increase of over $600 to get the extra points, I finally got confirmation that yes I will receive extra points for my  November cruise that was a L&S with no changes that I insisted on. Thanks to all those at CC (I'm looking at you Ken) who had it right from the beginning. My persistence paid off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

2019 $18 drink package glitch

2020 Double points oopsie- would bet it was NOT supposed to be double for everyone

2021-  Yet to be determined

I think 2020 should read Empress L&S

I’m of the opinion that it was misinformed reps putting out wrong information and it was always double points and always included existing bookings. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

Also on my "other" group, they are saying that you need to contact Royal or your Travel Agent to have the double points added to your reservations.  Some have reported already having done so. 

Are you saying that it's not automatic?  That does not make any sense as it is so difficult to get a hold of a TA in the C19 environment.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m of the opinion that it was misinformed reps putting out wrong information and it was always double points and always included existing bookings. 

I agree. I feel sorry for those low paid workers but you would like to think that they all could get on the same page.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree. I feel sorry for those low paid workers but you would like to think that they all could get on the same page.

Unfortunately it’s not just the lower paid workers.  Too many times I call and get one answer from a supervisor in resolution and then call back and get a different answer from a different supervisor.  Whether it’s right or wrong it would be easier if they were all on the same page.

• Like 5

Hello,

15:00 in the UK so 10:00 in Miami and still no T&Cs.

BUT!

The UK website offer applies to departures only from Southampton and Barcelona. Or, more accurately, it only brings up Southampton and Barcelona departures. I do not know what other countries use the UK website nor their favoured departure ports so we are a bit in the dark here.

Regards,

Cublet

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately it’s not just the lower paid workers.  Too many times I call and get one answer from a supervisor in resolution and then call back and get a different answer from a different supervisor.  Whether it’s right or wrong it would be easier if they were all on the same page.

Hello,

I think whoever is responsible for training at RCI should be taken out and flogged - unless they like that sort of thing.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

15:00 in the UK so 10:00 in Miami and still no T&Cs.

BUT!

The UK website offer applies to departures only from Southampton and Barcelona. Or, more accurately, it only brings up Southampton and Barcelona departures. I do not know what other countries use the UK website nor their favoured departure ports so we are a bit in the dark here.

Regards,

Cublet

It applies to all.  Same terms as the US.  The website sucks.