Celebrity concierge class on Solstice

Traderboy

Actually nothing... 
On S class staterooms are the same size as any other stateroom. The perks are not of any value to us. 

So unless CC comes for the same price or you are crazy about the extra points, either save the money for other things or book Aqua - which is where the real perks start.

Re refit Nobody can tell you when they will continue with any refits. All postponed indefinitely due to the current situation.

Edited by Miaminice

We would choose Concierge for a better cabin location and foot stools on balcony (with Reno not sure if this is still a perk), but only if Aqua price is out of reach and Concierge price is only a bit over the Regular Veranda price.  Additional Captain’ Club points are nice also.  Next scheduled cruise is in Concierge.  Concierge was $400 more then Veranda, Aqua was $1200 more then Concierge.  Cabin location was the driving factor in our choice this time.

• Like 2

I always book Veranda, and then "follow the money😁" -- sometimes, mainly after final payment, the prices drop, and concierge turns out cheaper or equal to Veranda, and then I switch.

A few months ago, for our next cruise on Apex (??), the rates for Concierge dropped to less than Veranda even before final payment, and I've switched.

IMHO, the locations of Concierge are better than Aqua. We're already Elite, so points don't matter with us, neither the embarkation day lunch, since the offerings are quite meagre....

59 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

Actually nothing... 
On S class staterooms are the same size as any other stateroom. The perks are not of any value to us. 

So unless CC comes for the same price or you are crazy about the extra points, either save the money for other things or book Aqua - which is where the real perks start.

Re refit Nobody can tell you when they will continue with any refits. All postponed indefinitely due to the current situation.

Agree totally. Not worth the money. The perks are minimal and who needs afternoon canapes on a cruise when food is everywhere.

• Like 1

We sailed in Concierge on Solstice in February. We chose it to get a cabin on the hump with a larger balcony. We also like the extra points as we are not quite at Elite. The embarkation day lunch and the invite to the helipad while in Doubtful sound were also appreciated. 

• Like 3

Typically you can get CC for almost the same price of regular balcony.  Perks include- better cabin location, priority boarding, extra cc points, a special lunch boarding days, better toiletries . Bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival, hors d'oeuvres daily, pillow menu, some other perks.   IMO worth $100 more per person. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Typically you can get CC for almost the same price of regular balcony.  Perks include- better cabin location, priority boarding, extra cc points, a special lunch boarding days, better toiletries . Bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival, hors d'oeuvres daily, pillow menu, some other perks.   IMO worth $100 more per person. 

Don't forget the concierge😁 Twice she sorted out our flight seats and boarding passes👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

The only perk that makes me book Concierge is the embarkation lunch. Yes, its a very minimal menu, but not having to deal with the buffet is worth it to me.

On a scale of 1-10 , I would rate the embarkation lunch in the MDR at 2

On a scale of 1-10 , I would rate the lunch at the Spa Café at 10--- Quiet area, nice selection of salads and sandwiches.

On a scale of 1-10 , I would rate the value of paying for Concierge Class at 0

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

On a scale of 1-10 , I would rate the embarkation lunch in the MDR at 2 --Agree 😁

On a scale of 1-10 , I would rate the lunch at the Spa Café at 10--- Quiet area, nice selection of salads and sandwiches. Not a salad and sandwiches "person" (je suis pas une personne de salate), but the soups are good.

On a scale of 1-10 , I would rate the value of paying for Concierge Class at 0 --  -Agree 😁

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Don't forget the concierge😁 Twice she sorted out our flight seats and boarding passes👍👍

That does have some value also!  We got help with a shore x also.    Basically the spa cafe IMO is disappointing.  Typically food not great- they no longer have grilled fish to order- good if you just want a light lunch- 

We miss Bistro on Five- that was our go to lunch on boarding day- excellent food comfortable place to wait for your cabin.  Not fans of sushi on five.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

On a scale of 1-10 , I would rate the embarkation lunch in the MDR at 2

On a scale of 1-10 , I would rate the lunch at the Spa Café at 10--- Quiet area, nice selection of salads and sandwiches.

On a scale of 1-10 , I would rate the value of paying for Concierge Class at 0

I've been on every Solstice Class ship numerous times in Concierge Class and above, and I would rate this obvious bias rating at a negative 2 out of 1-10.   The Aqua Spa Cafe has gone steadily down hill since its inception.  They charge for a majority of their items unless you have the drink package, and you used to get grilled to order chicken/salmon/pork that they've done away with. 🍷

• Like 1

Perks I like about C class besides the MDR lunch on day one:

expanded room service breakfast, love blueberry pancakes

afternoon cheese and fruit plate if requested

chilled bottle of bubbly for toasting the sail away

usually a better room steward IMHO..and

Sometimes there is a special heliport event just for C class

like during sail in through the Golden Gate bridge

I think C class gets faster boarding than Elite lately.

I think Celebrity is trying to up grade the experience

but maybe it depends on who is in charge that sailing.

C class might get quicker seating in Select dining, I have

seen the sign but do not do select dining so can't confirm.

All this said we shop for price and move up if possible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Perks I like about C class besides the MDR lunch on day one:

expanded room service breakfast, love blueberry pancakes

afternoon cheese and fruit plate if requested

chilled bottle of bubbly for toasting the sail away

usually a better room steward IMHO..and

Sometimes there is a special heliport event just for C class

like during sail in through the Golden Gate bridge

I think C class gets faster boarding than Elite lately.

I think Celebrity is trying to up grade the experience

but maybe it depends on who is in charge that sailing.

C class might get quicker seating in Select dining, I have

seen the sign but do not do select dining so can't confirm.

All this said we shop for price and move up if possible.

We all have different preferences and it's " fun " to share them while looking forward to our next cruise:

We prefer breakfast in the MDR or the Tuscan Grill rather than eating in our room or on the balcony with food blowing all over the place, or, if something is forgotten, or if we want more of something, like coffee and Danish pastries ( Umm Good !! ).

We never had a poor experience with our Room Steward on any cruise. Just treat them the way they deserve to be treated.

LOL--- Boarding--- Just walk on whenever you want to--- Nobody checks the cards. I learned that from a guy with a baseball cap sitting beside us in the waiting area--- ( was going to mention the logo on his cap , but, better not ).

Select dining--- We always make a reservation for each day prior to the cruise and never had a problem. If we are going to a Specialty restaurant, we notify the MDR ahead of time . 

On 10/10/2020 at 1:59 AM, kdkstormy said:

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- Boarding--- Just walk on whenever you want to--- Nobody checks the cards. I learned that from a guy with a baseball cap sitting beside us in the waiting area--- ( was going to mention the logo on his cap , but, better not ).

This has been our experience also, with the exception of our last cruise, Jan 2020 on Reflection.  They actually boarded suites first, then Conceirge.  We were Aqua, and they check our boarding pass for timeframe.  We had 1100 so were goo to go, but they had others with later boarding times wait.

• Thanks 1

In addition to the above-mentioned perks, I also love the Concierge-only dedicated lounge on disembarkation day.  The caffeine and pastry offerings are a nice send-off perk and no waiting in crowded public areas to disembark.  

• Like 3