Will RCL/Cruise Lines get to choose the vaccine they require to allow you to sail?

ace2542

On 11/18/2020 at 7:25 AM, grapau27 said:

I totally agree.

As I currently have covid19 and been in bed for 12 days I can say definitely everyone should grab the vaccine for themselves,

and encourage your family,and friends to get it  as soon as it is available.

It is very unpleasant.

Graham.

So sorry to read this Graham. Hope you recover soon.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Are you kidding me? What kind of a question is that? Of course they can't dictate which vaccine someone gets. 

Exactly.  The premise of this entire thread is just ridiculous.  120+ posts and counting.  Welcome to Cruise Critic 2020.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The surgery pharmacist didn't recommend taking anything when I spoke to her on Monday but I have written down your suggestions thanks and see what she says.

My heart prescription includes Lanzoprazol.

I have been taking 2 Vitamin D3 tablet's daily for a couple of weeks

Thanks.

Do people in the UK depend upon a pharmacist for prescriptions? 

Hope you’re  feeling better today. 

M8

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 4:28 PM, molly361 said:

Probably not unless it is easy with no waiting involved

So if there is a wait you won't get it? Just curious why if it can protect you?

On 11/18/2020 at 7:25 AM, grapau27 said:

I totally agree.

As I currently have covid19 and been in bed for 12 days I can say definitely everyone should grab the vaccine for themselves,

and encourage your family,and friends to get it  as soon as it is available.

It is very unpleasant.

Graham.

Graham, so sorry to hear this. Hope you continue to recover asap. It must have been horrible. Glad Pauline is still covid free. 🥂

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Do people in the UK depend upon a pharmacist for prescriptions? 

Hope you’re  feeling better today. 

M8

Thanks Rory I am feeling a bit better every day.

In England our doctors write the prescriptions.

For long term repeat prescriptions the surgery pharmacist arranges this and forwards the prescription electronically to a pharmacy of my choice to pick up.

Some pharmacies will deliver to your home if you cannot get it yourself.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

So if there is a wait you won't get it? Just curious why if it can protect you?

Graham, so sorry to hear this. Hope you continue to recover asap. It must have been horrible. Glad Pauline is still covid free. 🥂

Thanks ReneeFLL.

Covid19 has been unpleasant but hopefully I am over it and so far Pauline has shown no symptoms.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks ReneeFLL.

Covid19 has been unpleasant but hopefully I am over it and so far Pauline has shown no symptoms.

Graham.

I have had multiple instances where someone in a household gets the virus and not others. Very odd for such a contagious virus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have had multiple instances where someone in a household gets the virus and not others. Very odd for such a contagious virus.

I'm delighted after my 13 days of covid19 Pauline hasn't shown any symptoms.

Usually if one of us catches a cold the other gets it in a few days.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Exactly.  The premise of this entire thread is just ridiculous.  120+ posts and counting.  Welcome to Cruise Critic 2020.

To be fair, probably half are not directly related to the vaccine question itself.

26 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Can anyone help me understand the logistics.  Will the government procure the vaccines and allocate to the states and they in turn, upon request, to the various outlets that will do the injections.

We're not really sure.  With the current administration pounding its fists on the table complaining about the legitimacy of the election (warranted or not) and not sharing information with the projected incoming administration, the plan that the current administration has been working on may be different from the plan of the administration that will actually be dealing with the distribution so nobody really knows what the plan will be, which plan will be implemented or if it's a hybrid of the two.

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Are you kidding me? What kind of a question is that? Of course they can't dictate which vaccine someone gets. 

Public Health Officials say there are 2 working vaccines.  World Governments say there are 2 working vaccines.  Your doctor says we have a working vaccine you can receive.  Royal Caribbean "Hold on a second, which one did you get?"

Imagine a Pinnacle being told "Oh sorry you got the wrong vaccine, No Cruise For You!"

NCL new campaign "Welcome Aboard with ANY Vaccine"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sure they can. I believe it would be insane but they can set their own rules to board. 

M8

Fair enough.  They can, but why would they is probably the more correct question.  

Pretty sure if they weren't being forced, they would be taking passengers with no vaccine, and a 5 times longer waiver.  

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm delighted after my 13 days of covid19 Pauline hasn't shown any symptoms.

Usually if one of us catches a cold the other gets it in a few days.

So glad to hear your wife hasn't become ill as well.  Hope  you are feeling better every day.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But wouldn’t the cruiser with a vaccine know and have documentation to provide when boarding. Once the individual supplies the info, HIPPA no longer applies?

I think you are right, but in 2021 America, I won't be surprised when someone come on here to say "You can't deny me passage for not telling you, it violates my HIPPA rights."