New vaccine

hollyjess

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

When I got my letter yesterday, the nearest for me was Wakefield. Tomorrow we go to our local doctor for our jabs, 2 mile away

Avril

Thats great news for you and Frank Avril.

Hopefully all goes well and neither of you have any side effects 

Graham.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thats great news for you and Frank Avril.

Hopefully all goes well and neither of you have any side effects 

Graham.

Thanks Graham. If I have a choice between A - covid or B - some side effects, I'll choose B😉

Avril

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Thanks Graham. If I have a choice between A - covid or B - some side effects, I'll choose B😉

Avril

Agreed and count me in for Flu ,Pneumonia jabs or any other jab that saves us from

a serious illness :classic_smile:

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

From my personal experience with Covid19 I would recommend the vaccine even with side effects every time.

Graham 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Hope the snow does not affect your jabs Avril, good luck to both you and Frank.

I keep checking the weather app for Barnsley. The appointments are for 10am and it's forecast rain until mid to late afternoon🤞 

Avril

• Like 1

15 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I don't think that is the expert opinion, I assume they think the 2nd dose of the other vaccine will also give you longer, as well as more comprehensive protection.

I doubt that we can safely ignore the experts and manufacturers and take advice on who, what, when and how from cc posters who seem to be intend on spreading random anti vax gumph. Just my humble opinion mind. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Does that mean we'll be more attractive after the jab? Hmm, might need some new passport photos taken😁

Avril

After the jab in my arm, will I be able to play the violin?. Hope it's yes as I have always wanted to be able to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

Everything crossed for you both tomorrow Avril.  Hope it goes well and you're safely back home before the weather deteriorates.  Good luck and best wishes.  Jane.x

Thank you. As long as the surgery stays open we'll crawl down if we have to😉.

Avril

• Like 3

Just now, Adawn47 said:

Thank you. As long as the surgery stays open we'll crawl down if we have to😉.

Avril

Good on you. Hopefully the practice nurse will be there and you can get your knees bandaged at the same time! Best of luck.  Jane.x

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

What a load of codswallop, if you had asked the question I would have been happy to reply but as you have made that a statement there is no point wasting my time.

But since they work in different ways won't each way wear off the same as if a person didn't take their second shot?

Got my vaccine appointment tomorrow at 9:30 as well.  Am sort of childishly excited as I see it as the start to getting some of my  life back eventually.  Shielding has been rubbish especially with the poorer weather. I know still a long way to go but now have some hope and I get to go to town albeit for a short time.  Might ask my wife to buy me a celebratory doughnut.  

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, chrisg1uk said:

Got my vaccine appointment tomorrow at 9:30 as well.  Am sort of childishly excited as I see it as the start to getting some of my  life back eventually.  Shielding has been rubbish especially with the poorer weather. I know still a long way to go but now have some hope and I get to go to town albeit for a short time.  Might ask my wife to buy me a celebratory doughnut.  

That is such a wonderful comment, I am so pleased for you, you should be excited you’re exactly right! I will be very emotional when I get to having mine (looking to be July) 

Good luck to you all receiving your jab tomorrow! 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chrisg1uk said:

Great news re vaccination tomorrow and I think you will deserve a very large doughnut......

56 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But since they work in different ways won't each way wear off the same as if a person didn't take their second shot?

They both stimulate the immune system, first is prime second is a booster, they are manufactured differently  but albeit they do work in slightly different ways to the same end, there is a chance they will complement each other and give a wider range of antibodies which could be an advantage against some of the new strains. Only time will tell if that happens. Having 2 different vaccines is no different to someone that has natural immunity through having covid where antibodies have been created then having a vaccine which will likely boost the immune system and give longer immunity. In reality people that have had covid will not actually gain from a second dose of vaccine. Lots of us had different boosters than the prime dose as kids especially where the doses were years apart.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, chrisg1uk said:

I am pleased for you, good luck.

2 people I know, one a doctor had already had Covid a while back and had the vaccination. Both had nasty side effects, not life threatening of course, just a lot worse than mine.  Something to do with already having had the antibodies in their system.

Just now, jeanlyon said:

2 people I know, one a doctor had already had Covid a while back and had the vaccination. Both had nasty side effects, not life threatening of course, just a lot worse than mine.  Something to do with already having had the antibodies in their system.

That is not an unusual response, more so with the RNA vaccines. That immune system is designed to attack foreign bodies. Although a similar effect is sometimes seen with the older vaccines because of the adjunct that is used to assist immunity.

• Like 1