New vaccine

hollyjess

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Yea, right. What's your friend's name ?. Bjork is an Icelandic Lady who sings like a little angel. She is also the only Icelandic artist that I know. I thought I would recommend her to P&O's for their Icelandic itineraries. I don't plan going on any, but can imagine the reaction in the Limelight club. That would be interesting🤣.

Can't deny the voice, I would happily pay to see Bjork in the Limelight club, Iceland is an amazing place, in my top 3.

3 hours ago, Chrisdriving said:

I thank you and respect your opinion, by the way i work in logistic support for hospitals in Dorset and Hampshire, my sister is a nurse.

The hospitals are not overloaded as you claim, at least here.

Well they are where I live in the worst area of England 😠😠😠😠😠

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Can't deny the voice, I would happily pay to see Bjork in the Limelight club, Iceland is an amazing place, in my top 3.

In the Caribbean on Britannia it was 30 quid for Cheryl Baker, 25 for Gareth Gates, or 22 for Cheney Hawkes. Obviously being a tight git, we saw Cheney. What a good evening. We would pick Bjork, but nor everyone's cup of tea. We haven't been to Iceland, but one day😁

2 hours ago, tring said:

Looking at a government website, it would add up to about 60 million people above 70, whilst this data gives 9.02 million, so quite a discrepancy.  I feel inclined to believe the government site, but do you have some further information about how your figures were determined?

Well as there are less than 70 million people in the UK I very much doubt if 60 million are over 70!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

The total U.K. population is a little under 70m, so there can’t be 60m over 70. The 9m figure sounds accurate to me, given that there are around 3.4m people over 80. 

The left column is the age groups, the middle column is the number in each age group and the right column is the cumulate total of those in that age group and older age groups The total is 66.82 million for the UK which is about what is expected

14 minutes ago, davecttr said:

The left column is the age groups, the middle column is the number in each age group and the right column is the cumulate total of those in that age group and older age groups The total is 66.82 million for the UK which is about what is expected

I came second in Kalos's quiz. In my earlier post I said about 67m. I think I am nearest, so claim the prize. 2 jabs of each vaccine please, one for me and one for DW. 🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I came second in Kalos's quiz. In my earlier post I said about 67m. I think I am nearest, so claim the prize. 2 jabs of each vaccine please, one for me and one for DW. 🤣

Or in P&O world you came first in the quiz and win a bottle of P&O wine, second place wins 2 bottles 🤢

Do you remember the free champagne they had 🥴😱☢️

They published the list of the designated vaccination hubs. In the Kent area we have the East Kent trust but the other two, Dartford & Gravesham plus Medway NHS foundation trust are no longer on the list, surprising as Medway is the worst infection rate in England and apparently they store the vaccine in Chatham

edit - the latest figures are just released the infection rate per 100,000 is now 727 in my area 😱

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Or in P&O world you came first in the quiz and win a bottle of P&O wine, second place wins 2 bottles 🤢

They published the list of the designated vaccination hubs. In the Kent area we have the East Kent trust but the other two, Dartford & Gravesham plus Medway NHS foundation trust are no longer on the list, surprising as Medway is the worst infection rate in England and apparently they store the vaccine in Chatham

edit - the latest figures are just released the infection rate per 100,000 is now 727 in my area 😱

Take care.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, davecttr said:

We were in that position a few weeks ago. Just be extra careful and take care if you have to go out. Those numbers will come down again. Stay safe.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Is this because being in tier 3 you are having the intensive testing? 

Some places in Wales are horrendous as well.  And as for the party in a house in Northampton with 150 people, I just give up.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Bit like Cunard - once you reach the dizzy heights of Diamond (top tier) (or it could be Platinum, the one below, I can't remember) they bung you a full bottle of Pol Acker instead of half a bottle as punishment for spending all your money with them. It is the most disgusting substance known to man.

Be careful and stay safe, Dave, and others in the same area - as Avril says, your numbers will go down, but make sure you lay low and keep booking your supermarket delivery slots as soon as they become available.

• Like 4

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Some places in Wales are horrendous as well.  And as for the party in a house in Northampton with 150 people, I just give up.

And much of Wales seems to have been in some sort of strict lockdown for months - there seems little logic in why some areas are so badly affected.

• Like 2