RCCL cancels cruises through February 2021!

I had seven rooms booked for the Oasis of the Seas sailing out of Fort Lauderdale Feb. 7, 2021.  I learned through the gossip mill (my granddaughter) that RCCL cancelled all of their cruises! Do you think it would have hurt them to send me the notice they posted December 3 on their website informing me? BTW, they also state I have until December 16 to lift and shift or get a refund. They never had a problem emailing me to book excursions, premium dining, drink packages......etc.  I have cruised RCCL and Celebrity about 20-25 times.  I’m done with them.

• Like 4

Take the money!!! My experience only with RCL is that once the do another cancelation, all of the cruise prices go up well over the FCC value. We canceled our Thanksgiving cruise because we knew it would be canceled. We moved to Easter week because of the price. About 3 weeks later, they canceled through December and that Easter week cruise went for $2100 to $5600 the day before they canceled December. There is nothing on RCL we are willing to pay for in 2021 with current rates when we can cruise. The cheapest we have found is $3,500. I am not paying $1,400 more for the same experience. I will take the cash refund when March is canceled and book CCL or NCL.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

or wait till RCI prices become acceptable again.

If someone finds an acceptable price on a cruise line that they enjoy, why would they not lock that in rather that wait to see if RCI later drops its pricing?

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

or wait till RCI prices become acceptable again.

RCL is blowing out the FCCs. I don't see them extending the dates because it becomes a burden on their bottom line. Let the FCC holders either lose their money or pay the higher rates. I will take my complete refund if March is canceled, look for the best cruise within my price range, then book it. As of today, all of RCL's cruises are beyond what I am willing to pay. 

28 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

RCL is blowing out the FCCs. I don't see them extending the dates because it becomes a burden on their bottom line. Let the FCC holders either lose their money or pay the higher rates. I will take my complete refund if March is canceled, look for the best cruise within my price range, then book it. As of today, all of RCL's cruises are beyond what I am willing to pay. 

This is why we chose the lift and shift. We considered taking the full refund but realized the best bang for our buck was to do the lift and shift.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

This is why we chose the lift and shift. We considered taking the full refund but realized the best bang for our buck was to do the lift and shift.

I would have considered that for my Jan 2020 cruise but there was nothing that I wanted to L&S to.

My 26 Jan 2021 Anthem was cancelled.  I already have a 31 Jan 2020 on Anthem booked, so I will take the 125% FCC.  After the Jan 2023 sailings are released I will pay off the 2022, and use the left-over FCC as deposit on the 2023. 

20 hours ago, fabric_fabric said:

I learned through the gossip mill (my granddaughter) that RCCL cancelled all of their cruises! Do you think it would have hurt them to send me the notice they posted December 3 on their website informing me?

Did you book directly through Royal Caribbean, or through a travel agent? I received an email from my  travel agent on December 3 but no email from Royal Caribbean. RC emails me directly about excursions, drink packages, etc., but those are purchased directly in the cruise planner, not through the travel agent.

3 hours ago, gmerick said:

My 26 Jan 2021 Anthem was cancelled.  I already have a 31 Jan 2020 on Anthem booked, so I will take the 125% FCC.  After the Jan 2023 sailings are released I will pay off the 2022, and use the left-over FCC as deposit on the 2023. 

Unless it has changed, the FCC for a canceled cruise has to be used (you must sail by) April 30, 2022. 

This could affect your planning because I don't know if the FCC can be used to replace the deposit you already paid for the Jan 2022 cruise, you might be stuck with a lot of extra FCC and be better off taking the cash refund. 

6 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

A $4,000 loan interest free for 12 months is not my kind of investment. I can take the refund, invest it, get about 10%, and pay for a cruise that is within my price range. Just not interested in paying $5,000 for what I paid $4,000. Plus, I want to be able to vacation when we finally can in 2021. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sbfanatic said:

We had 21 cabins booked on the Oasis 2/7/21and all but 4 cabins were Lift & Shifted to the Oasis 2/6/22. Hopefully all this will be a bad memory and we can go back to having a great time sailing.

I'll see you there! I booked that cruise in February. It's our next cruise since this February's cruise has been canceled. Really like the itinerary. I am hoping very strongly that things are back to business as usual by 2022. 

Started a Roll Call but it's been VERY lonely. 

Roll call here: 

On 12/7/2020 at 4:19 AM, bigrednole said:

Take the money!!! My experience only with RCL is that once the do another cancelation, all of the cruise prices go up well over the FCC value. 

Yeah, someone posted on a thread yesterday about making final payment soon and they were excited about the "return on their investment" with a 125% FCC.  LOL.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yogimax said:

Please share with us where you can SAFELY earn 10% a year.  In other words, no risk.

Well, if it is anything like this year, I am up 110% as of close of US stock exchange yesterday. You show me where there is no risk of RCL raising the rates of their cruises in 2021 or 2022. I know for a fact that my current 2021 cruise went up almost 3x the day they canceled through January. The prices went up again when they canceled February and will do so again when they cancel March. So, your loan to RCL guarantees you nothing and you give that money up 100% freely. And with every additional delay, the likelihood of losing FCCs grows. There is a line in the sand where they will file bankruptcy. That date is probably not much past May. Then, your FCC isn't worth the paper you printed it on. 

I'll take me cash and live with it. You can have your 125% FCC for a cruise that is 200% over the price you paid.