Iteneraries w/ Overnight stops... question

Goodtime Cruizin

If you have an overnight port stop, are you permitted to get off the ship and remain overnight off the ship?  A particular cruise we're looking at offers a stop overnight in Cork, Ireland which would afford us the time to take in the next county over and enjoy the Ring of Kerry. We wish to stay over night on land, is this permissable? 

1 hour ago, mom says said:

In normal circumstances, yes you can stay off the ship overnight. However, this may not be the case under COVID restrictions where you are only allowed off with a shop excursion.

Agree...yes...but I believe things may be a bit more hopefully back to normal for 2022 itineraries.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Agree...yes...but I believe things may be a bit more hopefully back to normal for 2022 itineraries.

Just saw that I typed shop instead of ship excursion. My bad. But yes,  I think we are all really,  really hoping for a return to some semblance of normalcy by .'22

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Other than the potential COVID issue, you are free to do as you please between the time you arrive in port and final reboarding time. Celebrity has no interest in where you go or what you do.

I agree 100%, but I would also advise Guest Services that I will be spending the night on-shore and advise them of my location.  I would want Celebrity to know where I am in case their plans change.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

If you have an overnight port stop, are you permitted to get off the ship and remain overnight off the ship?  A particular cruise we're looking at offers a stop overnight in Cork, Ireland which would afford us the time to take in the next county over and enjoy the Ring of Kerry. We wish to stay over night on land, is this permissable? 

If it is your first visit around the Ring, prepared to be amazed.  If you have already done, I bet the second will be even better!  If you need the name of a fantastic private driver in that area, I can be happy to send you his info.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I agree 100%, but I would also advise Guest Services that I will be spending the night on-shore and advise them of my location.  I would want Celebrity to know where I am in case their plans change.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to let them know. But with thousands of passengers scattered around the countryside, that change in plans is going to leave a lot of people stranded if it includes an early departure. 

3 hours ago, mfabz said:

Yes -- We had an overnight in Paris and were one of the first off, met  our guide, toured on day 1 & 2 and back to the ship about an hour before sailing onto the next port.  

Global warming must really be accelerating if your ship overnighted in Paris.  😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Overnight Instructions.JPG

• Like 1