What's your 2021 Looking like?

RickinStl

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Have been retired for several years, but had become pet less with the passing of our beloved fur baby almost two years ago.  Decided to tone down the travels in the land yacht (that we could take her in) and really ramp up the cruising, doing longer cruises, international, and lot of B2Bs.  Booked those in 2019.  Soo..2020 then starts up with a bang...and then everything is zeroed.  Bad timing for me for sure.  😞 

So sorry for your loss, Pat.  We're big animal lovers. Here's my furbaby taking down our little Christmas tree!

IMG_20201214_160331304.jpg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Next up is a 6 night May 3rd, maybe.  The longer it goes without even hearing any buzz about test cruises the less likely it looks to me for a 6 nighter to sail in May.  Time will tell

Yeah, we are sure not hearing anything at all about those now are we?  And no sign of a cruise ship (that I know of) hanging out in PC either.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

So sorry for your loss, Pat.  We're big animal lovers. Here's my furbaby taking down our little Christmas tree!

IMG_20201214_160331304.jpg

Sooo cute...and Aww what sweet baby!!  I love, love...love Tabbies.  🐱

I miss my baby girl so much.  The demon cancer took her, but I had 17 years of unconditional love with her.  And yes...she liked to knock things down as well.  😉 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sooo cute...and Aww what sweet baby!!  I love, love...love Tabbies.  🐱

I miss my baby girl so much.  The demon cancer took her, but I had 17 years of unconditional love with her.  And yes...she liked to knock things down as well.  😉 

Unconditional love - that's what it's all about.  I was blessed with my last baby for 18 years.  I was devastated when I lost her.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Unconditional love - that's what it's all about.  I was blessed with my last baby for 18 years.  I was devastated when I lost her.

Me too...Will be two years for me in March...I still tear up even now.  Especially if I find one of her toy "fluffy balls" she used to bat around that is still deeply hidden under an appliance or piece of furniture.  🥺

Miss her something awful.  

• Like 2

I’ve got 10 booked but I know my March Symphony won’t sail.  
Allure in May

Jewel in June.  Baltic cruise

Independence in July and in August  8 day; hoping it’s changed to 7 day

Liberty in August

Quantum in September - Alaska

Celebrity Edge in September.  Italy, Greece, Turkey

Anthem in November

Allure New Years Eve 

I’m fairly comfortable that my cruises from June on will sail.

Next up for us a 12 nighter on Celebrity Reflection July 30, 2021 out of Amsterdam...British Isles. Busy roll call but a few have started to leave recently.

Then 9 nighter On RCI Freedom October 14, 2021 out of New Jersey...Canada/New England.

Have booked 4 in 2022 and looking to possibly book a 5th...cautiously optimistic.

My 2020 was supposed to be my push to accomplish bucket list cruises and more cruises in regions around the world with nothing booked in the Caribbean.  The Med, Greece, Norway, South Pacific, Alaska, etc.  

When my summer 2020 abroad was wiped out I initially rebuilt similar plans for 2021 but then it became clear that 2021 was not going to be a normal cruise experience.  I didn't want to visit bucket list destinations and be forced into ship bubbles or bubble excursions with no opportunity for self-exploration.  

When my 2021 Galapagos cruise was cancelled I started to question the notion of cruising in 2021.  I had bookings early in 2021 back in the Caribbean as a means to stay closer to home and minimize international air travel uncertainties.  Then those were wiped out.  

I've had over 40 cruises booked or cancelled as this evolved.  Some of those overlap as I shifted cruise away from Europe to sail closer to home so it's not like I could have actually sailed all 40 cruises.   At one point I thought blitzing Alaska in 2021 would allow me to stay closer to home and fly domestically but then the protocols were announced and I realized I didn't want to sail to Alaska under the protocols. 

I can stay on a ship the whole cruise in the Caribbean but in Alaska I want to self explore so I've shifted all but one cruise out of 2021.  

The vast majority of my booking were refundable so as they refunded I'd book something else refundable.  I had only 3 NRD cruises so those are still on the books but 2 of them moved in 2022 now.  

As RCI became a little sneaky changing refunds to FCC or changing refundable bookings to NRD I vowed to stop booking new cruises until I see them return to the ethical company I used to know.  I feel confident they will go back to the cruise line we knew before, I just need to see it.

Despite my vow to book nothing new I did find a good price on another SilverSea cruise in 2023 on a new ship.  It's far enough out that I feel somewhat safe with it.  The higher price for SS will mean skipping some RCI cruises but in the end Fain gets my money one way or another.  

I have to renew my passport in 2021 so now with my cruise calendar very empty that will be easier to manage.  

Now I'm starting to question if my spring 2022 cruises will be normal.  Really hoping Norway and Iceland in the summer of 2022 will be normal.  Watching to see how this evolves.  I really thought 2021 was going to be normal but now it's clear it won't be.  No guarantees that 2022 won't suffer the same fate.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

My 2020 was supposed to be my push to accomplish bucket list cruises and more cruises in regions around the world with nothing booked in the Caribbean.  The Med, Greece, Norway, South Pacific, Alaska, etc.  

When my summer 2020 abroad was wiped out I initially rebuilt similar plans for 2021 but then it became clear that 2021 was not going to be a normal cruise experience.  I didn't want to visit bucket list destinations and be forced into ship bubbles or bubble excursions with no opportunity for self-exploration.  

When my 2021 Galapagos cruise was cancelled I started to question the notion of cruising in 2021.  I had bookings early in 2021 back in the Caribbean as a means to stay closer to home and minimize international air travel uncertainties.  Then those were wiped out.  

I've had over 40 cruises booked or cancelled as this evolved.  Some of those overlap as I shifted cruise away from Europe to sail closer to home so it's not like I could have actually sailed all 40 cruises.   At one point I thought blitzing Alaska in 2021 would allow me to stay closer to home and fly domestically but then the protocols were announced and I realized I didn't want to sail to Alaska under the protocols. 

I can stay on a ship the whole cruise in the Caribbean but in Alaska I want to self explore so I've shifted all but one cruise out of 2021.  

The vast majority of my booking were refundable so as they refunded I'd book something else refundable.  I had only 3 NRD cruises so those are still on the books but 2 of them moved in 2022 now.  

As RCI became a little sneaky changing refunds to FCC or changing refundable bookings to NRD I vowed to stop booking new cruises until I see them return to the ethical company I used to know.  I feel confident they will go back to the cruise line we knew before, I just need to see it.

Despite my vow to book nothing new I did find a good price on another SilverSea cruise in 2023 on a new ship.  It's far enough out that I feel somewhat safe with it.  The higher price for SS will mean skipping some RCI cruises but in the end Fain gets my money one way or another.  

I have to renew my passport in 2021 so now with my cruise calendar very empty that will be easier to manage.  

Now I'm starting question if my spring 2022 cruises will be normal.  Really hoping Norway and Iceland in the summer of 2022 will be normal.  Watching to see how this evolves.  I really thought 2021 was going to be normal but now it's clear it won't be.  No guarantees that 2022 won't suffer the same fate.  

Same thing for me.  Not trusting 2021 with anything but easily cancelled local "drive to" ports, I have pushed everything into late 2022 and 2023.  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Same thing for me.  Not trusting 2021 with anything but easily cancelled local "drive to" ports, I have pushed everything into late 2022 and 2023.  

I dont have anything booked for 2023. I had thought about partial Panama canal or another alaska, but not until things settle down. I'd love one of those artic circles cruises but not sure I'm up to straying that far away. Tahiti ??!! Lots of places I want to see on my bucket list, but not in 2021. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I dont have anything booked for 2023. I had thought about partial Panama canal or another alaska, but not until things settle down. I'd love one of those artic circles cruises but not sure I'm up to straying that far away. Tahiti ??!! Lots of places I want to see on my bucket list, but not in 2021. 

Suffered with the cancellation of our big Australian adventure for this coming February to May...so I will be rebooking what I can in early 2023.  Have already booked 23 day river cruise with Viking for September of 2023.  They sell out the good cabins that far ahead for this popular European Sojourn river cruise through Europe.  😮 

Though we lost our Alaska B2B this year, made up with it by spending this last month of August there anyway...booked into B&Bs and a 2 week cabin.  Was heavenly.  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, we are sure not hearing anything at all about those now are we?  And no sign of a cruise ship (that I know of) hanging out in PC either.  

3 Disney ships were in PC when we were there last week 

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Suffered with the cancellation of our big Australian adventure for this coming February to May...so I will be rebooking what I can in early 2023.  Have already booked 23 day river cruise with Viking for September of 2023.  They sell out the good cabins that far ahead for this popular European Sojourn river cruise through Europe.  😮 

Though we lost our Alaska B2B this year, made up with it by spending this last month of August there anyway...booked into B&Bs and a 2 week cabin.  Was heavenly.  🙂 

I booked a hotel suite facing the beach in Galveston for next sept. I'm going no matter if my cruise goes or not. I'm already worried what I will do with the fcc if april gets cancelled. I think since i moved 3 cruises 3 out of 4 early 2022 might have fccs on them so I cant apply another but will ask my ta in January.  I sure wish we saw some ship movement or signs of restarting. I'm becoming less and less optimistic about cruising. 

I spent more than I will admit to on material I'm giving mom for her to quilt with. I'm buying every color I can find except red or orange. She would kill me if she knew how much I spend. That's my cruising money for 2020. But I'm going to the beach in 2021 with or without a cruise, when the weather here is warmer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

3 Disney ships were in PC when we were there last week 

Guess I need to pull up the web cam for PC more often.  Thanks!  I thought someone said a Carnival ship was in as well.  Must feel weird to be docked at a terminal that has never been used by passengers yet.  😮 

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s a bucket list trip for us.   Vikki’s gift is now wrapped. 

My backup arrived the other day, but the first one is better. The good one came from Turkey.  I'll send a picture after she unwraps it

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I booked a hotel suite facing the beach in Galveston for next sept. I'm going no matter if my cruise goes or not. I'm already worried what I will do with the fcc if april gets cancelled. I think since i moved 3 cruises 3 out of 4 early 2022 might have fccs on them so I cant apply another but will ask my ta in January.  I sure wish we saw some ship movement or signs of restarting. I'm becoming less and less optimistic about cruising. 

I spent more than I will admit to on material I'm giving mom for her to quilt with. I'm buying every color I can find except red or orange. She would kill me if she knew how much I spend. That's my cruising money for 2020. But I'm going to the beach in 2021 with or without a cruise, when the weather here is warmer.

I have flights booked round trip to Maine for the summer, 4 houses prepaid on rent already, and a rental car to use for the whole time.  That trip I know will go and am exited about it.  But for some reason I just can't get excited about the two cruises we have booked in May the month before that.  If things don't get better real soon, and start showing progress...I just don't see those cruises going.  

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Guess I need to pull up the web cam for PC more often.  Thanks!  I thought someone said a Carnival ship was in as well.  Must feel weird to be docked at a terminal that has never been used by passengers yet.  😮 

We'll be back Christmas Eve.

I hope they're all there so I can sing 'I saw 3 ships come sailing in'

• Like 1