The Daily for Thursday Dec 24, 2020

richwmn

Merry Christmas to All Dailyites, 

or Christmas Eve, depending on where you are. Adding my thanks to Rich, for putting together the Daily, Roy for our care lists, sunrises, memories from prior cruises, and all who regularly contribute, and those who sometimes post. 

We have a cloudy, somewhat drizzley day. The Santa Ana winds that raged during the night have mellowed. 

Am making peppermint stick gelato. We’ll have Dad join us for dinner tomorrow. Prime rib is on the menu, but tonight it’s pizza. (Am hoping the microwave oven holds out: we’ve had some strange, unpleasant smells turn up randomly and can’t mail down where it’s coming from, but the oven (specifically the microwave part) is on the top of the suspect list. Thanks to this thread, I decided not to use auto clean cycle.🤨). Would love a repeat of today’s weather so I can light a fire in the fireplace tomorrow. 

• Like 14

5 hours ago, superoma said:

So we had our masked family gathering today. Actually worked out well until our feet got really cold. I am posting a picture that I think epitomizes Christmas 2020! Sorry not sure why it is Upside down but typical for 2020.

CBB8B33C-02EF-46E4-8E69-E18D302C13EA.jpeg

I find that if I resize photos they turn wonky, sideways/upside down.  So now I just post pictures the way they are on my phone. 

• Like 5

Good evening. The busyness continues. I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a VERY Merry Christmas. May you days be blessed with happiness, love and health. Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask!

New Christmas Tree and Animated Star Dust Merry Christmas Gif Card

Edited by Dismomx5
  • Like 15

Our evening’s gelato experiment is ripening in the freezer and it’s a winner. My grandma loved peppermint stick ice cream. This is for her- 

Notchor (sic) Gramma’s Candy Cane Gelato:

Use the chocolate gelato recipe (https://foodnouveau.com/recipes/desserts/frozen/dark-chocolate-gelato/) BUT do not add the chocolate or cocoa, and substitute 2T peppermint schnapps for the vanilla😉

Melt 2/3 c chocolate chips in 1/4 c coconut oil, mix and set aside.

Process in ice cream maker. Add 1/4 c. shattered candy canes to the gelato about 5 minutes before it is done. (Mixture should be getting stiff and climbing the spindle).  Then add the cooled chocolate/coconut oil mixture. It will freeze and shatter into small pieces in the ice cream as it spins. Ripen in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 12

A Merry Christmas eve to everyone.  Thank you to everyone who posts such positive comments.  A bright spot of my day is to read this.

Christmas day will be filled with zoom family times.  Prime Rib is on the menu.  We tried to get a small one but there will be plenty of leftovers for a while.

Stay safe and enjoy your holiday.

• Like 9

Merry Christmas to all of you on the Daily !  Thank you again Rich and Roy and the many contributors for keeping the Daily going , I read quite often your postings , yes I am one of those lurkers , it is my morning paper ! 

Had computer problems with this site but it seems to be solved from the looks of it . But I am very late tonight .

We had a very nice evening tonight with our two boys and our granddaughters with a delicious charcutery board , cheese fondue and a chocolat fondue as desert and than exchanged some presents so on Christmas Day we can enjoy Christmas in peace and quiet with DW mom .

Best wishes for all , Take Care and Stay Safe .

Tony 

Couple of pictures from the Premier Cruise of the Nieuw Statendam 

DSCN8128.JPG

DSCN8132.jpg

DSCN7729.jpg

20181205_211215.jpeg

• Like 14

Thanks for all the Christmas Eve Daily Reports and photos.

Christmas Day began with a warm sunny morning, but rain set in this afternoon, .......fortunately after we had finished cooking on the BBQ.

Thanks to @rafinmd, @kazu, @Seasick Sailor, @DeeniEncinitas, and @Horizon chaser 1957 for the Merry Christmas messages.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the Christmas Eve Daily Reports and photos.

Christmas Day began with a warm sunny morning, but rain set in this afternoon, .......fortunately after we had finished cooking on the BBQ.

Thanks to @rafinmd, @kazu, @Seasick Sailor, @DeeniEncinitas, and @Horizon chaser 1957 for the Merry Christmas messages.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Merry Christmas.

Kia ora and Meri Kirihimete, Phil and Mrs. Phil! Stay safe! 🙂

• Like 5

On 12/24/2020 at 4:34 PM, superoma said:

So we had our masked family gathering today. Actually worked out well until our feet got really cold. I am posting a picture that I think epitomizes Christmas 2020! Sorry not sure why it is Upside down but typical for 2020.

CBB8B33C-02EF-46E4-8E69-E18D302C13EA.jpeg

I took a screenshot of your pic & flipped it. I do not know why the CC system only rotates some pics I resize. I bet there is a legit reason, but I have no clue what it is.

It is a wonderful pic!

15729457-9259-45FF-9AA6-75E42B8A8C9C.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 3