Shareholder Benefit post July 31st, 2021

melk

Hi All

Wondering whether Carnival Corp.'s Shareholder Benefit which expires on July 31, 2021 will be renewed.

This has been a long standing program by Carnival and since there will be few if any sailings prior to July 31st my sense tells me the program will automatically be renewed.

Your thoughts?

Happy Holidays and a safe Covid free year in 2021.

Melk😃

19 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Seeing that they've already applied the benefit to our 2022 bookings, I'm assuming that nothing is going to change.

Unless CCL nullifies benefits from bookings more than 6 months out and changes the rules 

5 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Unless CCL nullifies benefits from bookings more than 6 months out and changes the rules 

Giving a client something and then taking it away is really bad for business.

Hopefully they are smart enough to realize that.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Giving a client something and then taking it away is really bad for business.

Hopefully they are smart enough to realize that.

Yes, getting loyal customer pissed off at them is about as bad a marketing strategy as you can have. The shareholders OBC costs them practically nothing and works as a marketing incentive. There is no good reason not to extend it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

A clue to whether this benefit will change or be eliminated may be what, if any, changes P makes to Elite cruisers when cruising resumes.

I don't know if that follows. The shareholders OBC is voted on by the Carnival Corporation board of directors and applies to all lines owned by the corporation. The loyalty benefits vary among all the Carnival owned lines and are determined it seems by the lines themselves as opposed to the corporate board.

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

The shareholders OBC is voted on by the Carnival Corporation board of directors and applies to all lines owned by the corporation.

And is usually extended for another year around the end of February.

Any stockholder OBC past the July 31,2021 date is really outside what is allowed at this point. Other CCL Corp brands will not allow adding the benefit to cruises that that date. Princess only allows it so that it can be applied to Princess shore excursions which are booked in advance.

If the Board of Directors chooses not to renew the stockholder OBC past July 21, 2021, then it can easily be removed from any Princess bookings it has been applied to. Not a great PR move, but possible.

In my opinion, I think the benefit will continue to be renewed as it does increase bookings on CCL Corp brands.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 10:51 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

It would be kind of 'messy' if they tried to take it away and people had already used it to book excursions..... 

🥴

Another reason for them to not continue the program.  The main reason though is that they need to feed loyalty.

29 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Does anyone have the most recent form available to share?

Send them your names, the cruise ship and date, and your booking number.

Send your statement (or at least the part that shows you own at least 100 shares). Make sure on your brokerage statement that you cross out your customer number for the brokerage.

9 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Send them your names, the cruise ship and date, and your booking number.

Send your statement (or at least the part that shows you own at least 100 shares). Make sure on your brokerage statement that you cross out your customer number for the brokerage.

Also include the part that shows your name and address

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Also include the part that shows your name and address

Yes it should be preprinted by your brokerage firm. 

What I meant when I wrote "at least the part that shows you own at least 100 shares" is that you can blackout other holdings and even not include other pages. They do not have to see what else you have invested in.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, suzyed said:

Does anyone have the most recent form available to share?

As stated the form isn’t required but it explains how to apply for SOBC & can be used to submit requests.

This form from last year eliminated the valid dates of the program & was created before allowing requests to be submitted by email. I’ve never had them enforce the statement at the bottom that requests require a statement from 3 months before a cruise & had it issued over a year before a cruise.

sbpcl@princesscruises.com

Shareholder Benefit Request Form.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

As stated the form isn’t required but it explains how to apply for SOBC & can be used to submit requests.

This form from last year eliminated the valid dates of the program & was created before allowing requests to be submitted by email. I’ve never had them enforce the statement at the bottom that requests require a statement from 3 months before a cruise & had it issued over a year before a cruise.

sbpcl@princesscruises.com

Shareholder Benefit Request Form.pdf 84.75 kB · 2 downloads

Right...never saw the dates enforced either...they just have renewed it each year. 
We always have just scanned the stock statement and emailed it with the form.  Of course years ago we faxed it.
Thanks all for your feedback!  

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 7:51 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

It would be kind of 'messy' if they tried to take it away and people had already used it to book excursions..... 

🥴

I wanted to throw you a thanks here for this comment. I can't believe I never noticed that my OBC was usable to pre-book my excursions. I'm embarrassed 🤦‍♀️

6 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

I wanted to throw you a thanks here for this comment. I can't believe I never noticed that my OBC was usable to pre-book my excursions. I'm embarrassed 🤦‍♀️

And they do it automatically until you OBC is gone.   I prefer to leave some intact, and pay some with a credit card. 
The truth of the matter is, they don't actually take the obc until you're on the ship...at least that is how it has been in the past.