Next Round Of Cancellations??

kismet618

When do you think the hammer will come down on the next group of cancellations?  I have an 11 day April 11th cruise on the Jade out of Tampa I fully expect to be cancelled.  If at the most, only 7 day or less cruises will be part of the initial restart, why haven't those cruises longer than 7 days been cancelled at least until summer of 2021? 

Edited by kismet618

• kismet618 changed the title to Next Round Of Cancellations??

I would think the companies are trying to determine what the incoming administration will due to change the current policies. Not sure how definitive an answer they are getting right now; so next round coming.... end of January/early February... best guess.

I think they are staging the cancellations to wait and see how the vaccines etc are going before making any decisions. Sure, having our booked cruise money helps them but it is a drop in the bucket. The cruise lines want to sail as much as we do. Take it back I really need a cruise so maybe I want to sail more.😉  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would not be surprised to see a 100 day "No Sail Order" around the first of February as part of the new Corona Virus task Force recommendations and of course the CDC.

That would take us up to May 15th.

The Canadian Transport minister said during an interview this weekend he does not see any cruise ships coming to Canada through the end of July.

I doubt you will see any cruising out of the US other than Florida, if that, through the summer of 2021.

48 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Would not be surprised to see a 100 day "No Sail Order" around the first of February as part of the new Corona Virus task Force recommendations and of course the CDC.

The Canadian Transport minister said during an interview this weekend he does not see any cruise ships coming to Canada through the end of July.

I doubt you will see any cruising out of the US other than Florida, if that, through the summer of 2021.

Pure opinion.

1 hour ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Do you have any substantiation for your assertions? Or is this pure speculation?

• Like 1

@CarelessAndConfused  Absolutely! This is a best guess thread; all opinion as I would bet the ranch anyone with actual CDC and legislative authority is not going to come in here an answer the question.

We are all anxiously awaiting the green-light to get back to our style of vacation.... and sometimes guessing about when we can is therapeutic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Guys, come on.  This is all a guessing game.  I'm sure Biden couldn't tell you at this point.  The OP is asking for an educated guess and that is what they're getting.  BTW, I agree that nothing happens until at least summer.

Leave off the word 'educated' and you have a valid point! :)

• Like 2

On 1/8/2021 at 11:27 AM, Linda the Book Lover said:

I think they are staging the cancellations to wait and see how the vaccines etc are going before making any decisions. Sure, having our booked cruise money helps them but it is a drop in the bucket. The cruise lines want to sail as much as we do. Take it back I really need a cruise so maybe I want to sail more.😉  

Unfortunately:

WHO:  Covid-19 Herd Immunity Unlikely in 2021 Despite Vaccines

Plus, we are doing a lousy job getting the vaccine out, particularly here in GA:

aa4885f0-54dc-11eb-bfcd-65649f90a925

• Like 1

2 hours ago, njkate said:

RCCL just cancelled through April so it's coming

Also Celebrity, with some May-October 2021 Europe and TA cruises on Edge and Constellation:

"In brief, Celebrity Cruises will be suspending sailings through April 30th, 2021 including the May 1st, 2021 transatlantic cruise on Celebrity Apex. As well, May through October 2021 Europe and transatlantic cruises on Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Constellation will also be suspended".

Edited by SeaHunt
clarity