Next Round Of Cancellations??

kismet618

Just got off of the phone with NCL after I had tried to open the payment screen for my 4/11/21 cruise and a banner came across the screen:

Important News

We have encountered an issue updating your reservation. Please contact Norwegian for assistance at 1-866-234-7350

When I called, the rep told me that our cruise had been locked out of the system, which is the step right before the cancellation announcement. She expected the announcement to come in the next 2-3 days. 

In the roll call group on the other site, another person posted a pic of the chat with the rep, who confirmed that all April cruises are cancelled and they will be back cruising in May. 

D8C14A8A-7696-41C6-8377-A5CD577D5F9E.png

88034B63-E1FD-426C-B5E6-0AAE75706A6D.jpeg

• Like 2

I was fully expecting my April cruise on Bliss to be cancelled, but it doesn't make it any easier to bear...this will be cancellation number 8 for me, across multiple lines. Next booked cruise is in August - as a Canadian, not sure I would be able to sail even if the ship does. Sigh. 

• Like 4

What is a wise timeline for responding to cancellation and rebooking? Look for cancellation at what, 8amEST monday? Then I suppose there may be a wave of rebooks using credits expiring end of this year or next.

Would the best prices come from ASAP rebook, or wait a while? I really want a balcony without commiting yet more money that may turn out lost forever; I was lucky with a lowball balcony bid before. Thanks...

On 1/15/2021 at 5:11 PM, kismet618 said:

Just got off of the phone with NCL after I had tried to open the payment screen for my 4/11/21 cruise and a banner came across the screen:

Important News

We have encountered an issue updating your reservation. Please contact Norwegian for assistance at 1-866-234-7350

When I called, the rep told me that our cruise had been locked out of the system, which is the step right before the cancellation announcement. She expected the announcement to come in the next 2-3 days. 

In the roll call group on the other site, another person posted a pic of the chat with the rep, who confirmed that all April cruises are cancelled and they will be back cruising in May. 

D8C14A8A-7696-41C6-8377-A5CD577D5F9E.png

88034B63-E1FD-426C-B5E6-0AAE75706A6D.jpeg

I got the same message and this one as well 

0190B050-BC06-404A-B5AC-92D018656AC9.jpeg

On 1/8/2021 at 10:02 AM, kismet618 said:

When do you think the hammer will come down on the next group of cancellations?  I have an 11 day April 11th cruise on the Jade out of Tampa I fully expect to be cancelled.  If at the most, only 7 day or less cruises will be part of the initial restart, why haven't those cruises longer than 7 days been cancelled at least until summer of 2021? 

My online account for our April 15th Tahiti to Hawaii cruise is now showing as a default named cruise for 0 days. Im sure we will get notified this week 😣

14 minutes ago, divincenzo said:

I was keeping an eye on the Hawaii & French Polynesia and also noticed they have been removed from the NCL website over the weekend. Do they typically put up new dates shortly after?

As I recently posted, an NCL announcement in news section here months ago suggested the end of that route after this year. Jewel was going to be reassigned to Panama or somewhere. Maybe one last regular fall run may be permitted straddling Sept/Oct, I hope but I doubt.

Edited by dumbth