Will P&O now delay announcements for future cruise pauses?

sidekick180

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

All I can say is what we noticed when walking through the Prom deck, the walkways were across the ship and you could not see the sea at all.  It was something we commented on and so did others.  I'm not badmouthing at all.  It certainly put me off large ships.  Also, there was supposed to be an adults only pool at the stern, but the kids club arrived one day jumped in that pool, one kid had an accident in the pool so that was out of order for 2 days!!  The sunbeds were so close together as well.  

Like I’ve said, not everyone will like each ship. I’m not interested in convincing everyone to like the ship but I’m simply pointing out that what you said was incorrect. Because it would be a shame for people not to book a ship based on false information. 

• Like 3

Just now, Angel57 said:

I really don’t think Jean was bad mouthing - just voicing her own opinion which we can agree or disagree with.

Yes, like I’ve just said. Opinions are opinions.

I am simply correcting false information.

‘The prom deck has no windows’ is not an opinion. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I really don’t think Jean was bad mouthing - just voicing her own opinion which we can agree or disagree with.

I agree Angel. We can only speak as we find. We all have our own favourite ships, and feel hurt and aggrieved when they are criticised by others. For instance, my opinions of RCI are the complete opposite of others on here, we all see with different eyes.

Avril

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree Angel. We can only speak as we find. We all have our own favourite ships, and feel hurt and aggrieved when they are criticised by others. For instance, my opinions of RCI are the complete opposite of others on here, we all see with different eyes.

Avril

Without taking sides, I think joeecco was correcting a factual error Jean made and not her dislike of Azura. Even setting aside this factual error, there are other valid reasons why Jean dislikes Azura which are not factually incorrect (although presumably some would disagree with her assessment). If people wish to, they can discuss these other valid reasons but there can be no discussion about factual errors. That is how misinformation spreads, something I am sure Jean and joeecco would want to avoid.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Ha ha. Yep. I hate hearing criticisms of my beloved Aurora but appreciate some other cruisers will most certainly have a different opinion. ..... 🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Where's @molecrochip? I hope they're OK. I miss having a bit of inside info! 

I wonder if he/she's having to walk a fine line at the moment and has to be very careful with any informative hints. Maybe tomorrow after Boris's briefing today. I hope that's all it is.

Avril

• Like 2

Yes

I hope Moley hasn’t either been ill, or been warned over ... well, doing mole-like things wrt hints & insider info on these boards

It will be nice to see him back

A press report (Sky website, I think) says the earliest that hotels might open is June 😕

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Ha ha, the latest I read about Aurora was that everyone was in bed by 10pm!  What absolute rubbish.

Quite right Jean. I love Aurora and as I always ate second sitting can absolutely confirm that many people are around until at least 10.30pm in the dining room and then off to catch the late show in the theater often followed by live music in the Crow's Nest. After that, a trip to the buffet for strong Horlicks. Plenty of people still around. Oh how I miss that ship and it's crew. Have been having a Whatsapp video chat recently with a friend who was a waiter. Lovely weather in Kerala so I showed him live pictures of it snowing. His little boy was mesmerised.

Pat

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Ha ha, the latest I read about Aurora was that everyone was in bed by 10pm!  What absolute rubbish.

We're finishing our coffee in the MDR at that time. Then it's on to a show and then a stroll on the promenade. Then it's back to the cabin for a nightcap on the balcony before bed. I will admit to the occasional 'Nanan Nap' after lunch though. It's a hard life😊.

Avril

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Yes

I hope Moley hasn’t either been ill, or been warned over ... well, doing mole-like things wrt hints & insider info on these boards

It will be nice to see him back

A press report (Sky website, I think) says the earliest that hotels might open is June 😕

I've just cancelled by booked leave from work for April.  Looks like June then 😞

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We're finishing our coffee in the MDR at that time. Then it's on to a show and then a stroll on the promenade. Then it's back to the cabin for a nightcap on the balcony before bed. I will admit to the occasional 'Nanan Nap' after lunch though. It's a hard life😊.

Avril

So it’s you who wakes us up slamming your balcony door and chatting on your balcony late at night when us younger ones have gone to sleep then Avril? 😉 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, kalos said:

It does with the chairs outside :classic_unsure:

I really enjoy Sean and Steph’s cruise vlogs, their reviews were one of the things that helped convince my husband to agree to me booking a cruise. Very very sad that Sean is battling a terminal illness now.

9 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

Quite right Jean. I love Aurora and as I always ate second sitting can absolutely confirm that many people are around until at least 10.30pm in the dining room and then off to catch the late show in the theater often followed by live music in the Crow's Nest. After that, a trip to the buffet for strong Horlicks. Plenty of people still around. Oh how I miss that ship and it's crew. Have been having a Whatsapp video chat recently with a friend who was a waiter. Lovely weather in Kerala so I showed him live pictures of it snowing. His little boy was mesmerised.

Pat

Thanks for making me look forward to our cruise on Aurora in August even more, 😊 or deepening the disappointment if it is cancelled ☹️

17 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

A press report (Sky website, I think) says the earliest that hotels might open is June

The Telegraph and other media are saying

Although restrictions regarding social gatherings and non-essential day trips are set to lift from March 29, non-essential overnight stays will likely be prohibited until the final stage of the four-step 'roadmap'. According to some sources, this may not begin until June.

In which case we should expect cancellations from P&O this week.

10 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

So it’s you who wakes us up slamming your balcony door and chatting on your balcony late at night when us younger ones have gone to sleep then Avril? 😉 😂 

Sorry Selbourne, we'll try to be quieter in future😇

Avril

21 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I really enjoy Sean and Steph’s cruise vlogs, their reviews were one of the things that helped convince my husband to agree to me booking a cruise. Very very sad that Sean is battling a terminal illness now.

Oh no, that is so sad. I've watched their YouTube videos for a few years now. They seem like such a lovely couple. I knew Sean was ill, but didn't realise it was terminal 😓

Edited by cruisenewbie1976
Typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Although restrictions regarding social gatherings and non-essential day trips are set to lift from March 29, non-essential overnight stays will likely be prohibited until the final stage of the four-step 'roadmap'. According to some sources, this may not begin until June.

P&O will not cancel anything until March 2nd now, to give them a week to process the info and also, the current ‘sale’ with low deposits and extra onboard spend ends in March 1 so they’ll wait for people to rebook after that when they’re using FCC. 

8 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

And then 5 week gaps between any further relaxations. 

Looks like hotels wont open up until June, so I can't see cruises being allowed until July at the earliest.

2 hours ago, joeecco said:

Hahaha love that last line. Least you’ve got the best of both worlds when you choose which line. We will try RCI at some point just to see if we are right or wrong, but we’ll be nervous in doing so haha! I love the ‘what shall we do now’ vibe on P&O, whereas the ‘what have we got booked now’ RCI vibe is a little off for us (I know you Don’t have to do everything but we would get FOMO if we didn’t and I’m happy to admit that 😂)

You dont need to do everything to fully enjoy a cruise, I accept that trying everything is possible for you young ones, but might well lead to burn out.

We only started cruising shortly before we retired over 20 years ago, so our views may not be yours, however we have found that over 6 different main stream cruise lines, there are more similarities than differences. So do not limit yourselves to the lines you choose, in fact the glitz and glamour or modest and understated of the ships decor shows far more differences than the style of cruising.

• Like 2