The Daily for Tuesday Jan 12, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks kindly.  Just got back from the vet.

It’s Marley - my Bernese Mountain Dog.  They aspirated it and don’t like the abnormal cells they found.  He’s being operated on  Thursday to remove as much of it as possible (in a spot where there is little skin on the nose) and send it away for analysis to see if it is benign or not.  Looks like my 2021 is not off to a good start - $$$$.

Hoping for good results,  it’s such a worry! 

• Like 6

Wintertime we drink tea all day long, after a cup or two of coffee, of course. Love all types of tea, start with Green Tea and switch to herbal in the afternoon and evening. Sweet and Spicy and Licorice are 2 favorites. Maybe I shop for travel too much? I am already thinking about & sorting the clothes for the South Pacific on the Zuiderdam,  February, 2022. Thanks to all who share their lives on The Daily. Prayers for those who need them, happiness that my sister in AZ can take my mother to a routine doctor appointment today, hopeful that vaccine distribution picks up the pace.

• Like 10

Maricopa County opened up vaccinations for people age 75 and over yesterday, by appointment only. I went online to schedule and there were no slots available at any of the 3 sites for the entire mo. of January which is as far out as scheduling is allowed. Same thing today. I called both the regular County Health number and the Emergency number numerous times , yesterday and again today. to be met with recordings all lines are busy, try to call again later. 

Still hoping to be able to somehow get my 1st vaccination sometime this month.

Thanks everyone for allowing me to blow off some steam at the system.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just now, summer slope said:

We just booked this yesterday. With the canal before it. 

We are doing the same thing! Have never done the full transit of the canal, so really looking forward to it. Plus it eliminates one plane trip.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

We are doing the same thing! Have never done the full transit of the canal, so really looking forward to it. Plus it eliminates one plane trip.

This will be our 4th time.  I love that cruise.  And, yes, one less plane ride.

• Like 5

Good afternoon everyone!

Love shopping for travel....unfortunately no travel planned right now so not shopping🙁.  Don't drink tea anymore - I stopped when I started working at the Academy. The snack bar where we went for our break served tea or coffee in styrofoam cups....and tea has a habit of eating away the styrofoam!  So at that point I switched to coffee, and never went back.

@kazuhoping the test results for Marley come back with good news....sending prayers for him.

Thanks to everyone for your travelogues - we've never been to Antarctica and it's now on my bucket list!! Since we're not going anywhere soon, it's nice to see where other people have gone.

Our county in NY has opened the vaccine to education workers (since I work at a college I qualify), but with my medical problems right now I'm not scheduling a jab.  I'll check with my doctors to see what they say.  Hoping everyone who is eligible in their home area will be able to schedule their shot soon!

Enjoy the day (it's beautiful in New York!)....stay safe, wear your masks, and keep social distancing....we can beat this virus!!

Laura

• Like 10

Amsterdam's O.B. (Officers Bar), "the little leaking azipod," on A-Deck, starboard side, mid-ships, just before you get to the marshaling area. Most OB's on the "S" and "R"-class ships had an Irish or English pub décor. Breakfast and lunch can be consumed here for those with officer status from a small galley located between it (the OB) and the Petty Officers (supervisors) Mess. The OB is the social place at night until it closes down, like similar establishments on land, at 0200 hrs. The OB, like the PO, has a dedicated bartender. There is a jukebox-like player and, as stated before, a very popular dart board. Yes, the OB has a ship's bell, most do, and strict rules against ringing it. If you were to do so with other crew around, i.e. at night, it will definitely cost you 😉 

047.JPG

046.JPG

246.JPG

247.JPG

249.JPG

250.JPG

251.JPG

248.JPG

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

This is timing.  I literally just got out of bed less than 10 minutes ago.  I'll drink tea on ships but don't usually at home, and have done a lot of travel shopping.  Cheers to our pharmacists, they have been doing most of my vaccinations recently.  I resemble that quote more and more.  Interesting meal suggestion.  My alternative is Watermelon Cocktail, Chef Rudi's Classic Southern Fried Chicken, and Cherry Crisp, as served on MS Prinsendam January 12, 2019.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

kazu’s BIL’s Mom with Cpvod

Our Nation

Himself test results

HAL (and other crews)

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers and school workers, especially StLouisCruiser’s DD

Front Line Health Care Workers

Capitor Police officer Eugene Goodman

Surfcitygirl’s first photo post

a family cruise planned for Dismomx5

Jab appointments for Suslor

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy:  My Covid test Came back NEGATIVE.  No Covid dectected. 

• Like 30

Good morning, barely morning here in the southwest.  It's sunny, breezy and cool.  We are supposed to be in the 70s later this week, so it will be a good time to wash the car.  It looks like a rolling "dust bunny" after all the blowing dust we've had the last few weeks.

Managed to get another closet cleaned out and straightened this morning.  For once did not find any surprises.  👋

We still have no idea where or when we will get our vaccine shots.  One possibility in Blythe is sadly taken off the table.  The doctor died of covid Sunday and the doctor who worked in his practice has covid.  The office is permanently closed.

@kazu Best wished for Marley with her procedure Thursday and for good test results.

Lenda

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

We are off in a little while to bottle some wine - pinot grigio, I think.  We might have to order some red, too, we usually make a nice blend of Cab Sauvignon, Carmenere and Merlot, or else just get some of the red wines on sale at Everything Wine to try.  They seem to have a few interesting blends.

You're a winemaker.  Very cool.

A couple years ago on an Alaska cruise, I had arranged to meet up with a couple internet wine forum acqaintances when we made the obligatory PSVA stop in Victoria.  We met in a restaurant and enjoyed an absolutely outstanding Okanagan Valley Syrah.  I have never seen a BC wine in a retail store down here in Southern California.  Not that I am disatisfied with the vast amount of wine that I can get, but I do wish I could get some. On the flip side, my Victoria friends wish they had better access to the California wines that I regularly enjoy. 

• Like 9

@kazusorry to hear the news about Marley and sending good thoughts out to you all for good results.

@Himselfcongrats on your negative test!  You take care of yourself!

I have bad news from my oldest sister who turned 80 last week.  She and two of her sons tested positive over the weekend.  One of the son's girlfriend got it first and exposed them all before any symptoms.  All are doing okay so far but they lost their senses of taste and smell.  In addition to that we are waiting for test results for my MIL in the nursing facility.  Obviously an employee gave it to her since she doesn't get visitors.  Well except for hospice workers and I sure hope they aren't in there visiting the hospice patients and giving them Covid.  If you recall, she is 94 years old.  MIL had a rapid test which showed positive, then a PCR test which I don't have results on yet.  But there's a good chance she has it too.

We went this morning for our Covid vaccine.  Even though we had an appointment it took well over an hour of idling in the car as we inched along.  We go back Feb. 9 for the second shot. We are expecting our arms to be sore tomorrow but are doing fine, no adverse reactions at this point.

After nearly an hour in line, we were getting closer.enhance

DH getting his shot.enhance

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Thanks. Might try this one. I am on several lists including the volunteer one to assist with distribution but nothing yet. I am in Brevard so really not far from there.

My Sister just told me the wait list is at 50,000 now. That doesn’t seem too bad, unless they only get 5,000 doses/month.  

• Like 5