CCL Ships sold. Not transferred within fleet

Ombud

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

how many ships does HAL have left in their fleet?

Originally 14 ships before the pandemic.

4 were sold. Now only 10 ships are remaining.

Koningsdam

Nieuw Statendam

Eurodam

Nieuw Amsterdam

Zuiderdam

Westerdam

Oosterdam

Noordam

Volendam

Zaandam

Amsterdam (sold to Fred. Olsen)

Rotterdam VI (sold to Fred. Olsen)

Maasdam (sold to Seajets)

Veendam (sold to Seajets)

On 1/25/2021 at 1:50 PM, Ombud said:

I simply listed them by age as older ships are less environmentally friendly, hold less cruisers, and (if anything like cars) require more care...

Agree. I have noticed one thing though.  All the ships that are going to third line markets or getting scrapped are the slab sided ships from the '90's, or older, with few or no balconies. Those with balconies, Costa's Atlantica and Mediterranea transferred to the CSSC joint venture and the Golden and Star moved to P&OAU, are kept for second line service. Fred Olsen modernized their fleet with former HAL balcony ships. Balcony cabins sell for A LOT more. They can say what they think we want to hear, but I think it comes down to what will make the most money. 

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Koningsdam

Nieuw Statendam

Eurodam

Nieuw Amsterdam

Zuiderdam

Westerdam

Oosterdam

Noordam

Volendam

Zaandam

Thanks for the updated list;  have a nice weekend.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 7:01 PM, Ombud said:

Maybe that's why it was scrapped 

Ombud, I remember you are keeping track of the disposition of older ships. The Satoshi, formerly Regal Princess and Pacific Dawn has left Panama for Malta, then said to be bound for Alang.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Thanks 1

I think I read that Ocean Builders MS Satoshi actually paid for POAU Pacific Dawn but couldn't find an insurer so their plan for a floating crypto hotel flopped. At least it looks like CC might have gotten more $$s then scrap value. Whatever keeps CC afloat

Edited by Ombud

On 2/6/2021 at 7:19 AM, Cruise Wonderland said:

Koningsdam

Nieuw Statendam

Eurodam

Nieuw Amsterdam

Zuiderdam

Westerdam

Oosterdam

Noordam

Volendam

Zaandam

Just 1 new build for HAL? HAL MS Rotterdam Summer 2021

Delivered:

Princess Enchanted 

PO Iona

Costa Firenze 

Still to be delivered:

1. Carnival Mardi Gras Spring 2021
2. AIDAcosma Spring 2021
3. HAL MS Rotterdam Summer 2021
4. Seabourn Venture Winter 2021
5. Discovery Princess 2022
6. Carnival Celebration Autumn 2022

Edited by Ombud

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Delivered:

Princess Enchanted 

PO Iona

Costa Firenze 

Still to be delivered:

1. Carnival Mardi Gras Spring 2021
2. AIDAcosma Spring 2021
3. HAL MS Rotterdam Summer 2021
4. Seabourn Venture Winter 2021
5. Discovery Princess 2022
6. Carnival Celebration Autumn 2022

AIDAcosma wouldn't be ready in spring 2021. It is definitely delayed.

There will also be Costa Toscana in late 2021, and P&O Arvia in late 2022.

Not sure about the delivery date for Cunard's new ship.

Reference:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24181-carnival-to-delay-most-remaining-2021-ship-deliveries.html

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, amajaa said:

So how many ships, and which ones, have Princess got rid of during this pandemic? How many are left now.

5 Princess ships left the fleet over the past year: Golden, Star, Sun, Sea, Pacific.

Golden and Star are transferred to P&O Cruises Australia. This has been planned and announced before, not because of the pandemic.

On the other hand they have 2 new ships Enchanted (this year) and Discovery (next year).

6 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

5 Princess ships left the fleet over the past year: Golden, Star, Sun, Sea, Pacific.

Golden and Star are transferred to P&O Cruises Australia. This has been planned and announced before, not because of the pandemic.

On the other hand they have 2 new ships Enchanted (this year) and Discovery (next year).

Okay, thanks 👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 7:04 PM, mtnesterz said:

Ombud, I remember you are keeping track of the disposition of older ships. The Satoshi, formerly Regal Princess and Pacific Dawn has left Panama for Malta, then said to be bound for Alang.

Do we know for sure she is heading for Alang, Pretty sure I read somewhere the scrap deal fell through when she got arrested in Panama. And she was sold to a new buyer.?

36 minutes ago, roeco9084 said:

Do we know for sure she is heading for Alang, Pretty sure I read somewhere the scrap deal fell through when she got arrested in Panama. And she was sold to a new buyer.?

Well, Cruisemapper puts the Satoshi presently making direct course for Malta about 200 miles west and posted as port of destination. After that, I think it was Cruiseindustrynews that reported Alang. These would be good places to check progress.

2 hours ago, roeco9084 said:

1 hour ago, mtnesterz said:

Well, Cruisemapper puts the Satoshi presently making direct course for Malta about 200 miles west and posted as port of destination. After that, I think it was Cruiseindustrynews that reported Alang. These would be good places to check progress.

There are conflicting sources on social media about her future. Somebody mentioned that she has a new buyer, while another person also mentioned that her next destination after Malta will be Montenegro (interesting?). Without any reliable evidence, only time will tell.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

I read an interesting post on another forum that the new startup could possibly be CVI Cruise (owned by CMV former Chief Executive officer) and would make sense cause the new startup apparently  has experience and is expected to deploy the ship  in the UK Market and  whats interesting  is that Pacific Dawn was supposed to go to CMV before they went under as the Amy Johnson. Not sure who else it could be?? 

• Like 1

I didn't like the design of those ships.  I sailed on the Crown in 1999 Tahiti to Hawaii, lack of outside deck area was an issue to me.  I did have an outside cabin, which was good, least favorite Princess ship.  They said it was futuristic, but didn't appeal to me.  It was built in 1989 for Sitmar, transferred to Princess.

Edited by susancruzs

• 2 weeks later...

CCL stated: "19 ships leaving the fleet, which are among our least efficient ships. In fact, 17 of the 19 ships have already left the fleet"

So we know what the 17 are ..... Is #18 Pacific Dawn? Sale not 100% complete? Guesses on #19?

Does P & O have the older ships?  I know older doesn't always mean that is the one leaving.   I was on the Atlantica when she was new in 2000, but I guess a couple of Costa's are going to China, to be re-worked for that market.  Joint deal with Carnival apparently.

• Like 1

Dates of older ships by delivery date:
1991: Carnival Ecstasy
1993: Carnival Sensation
1996: AIDAcara
1997: POAU Explorer 
1998: Carnival Elation & Paradise, Grand Princess 
1999: HAL MS Volendam, AIDAmira 
2000: HAL MS Zaandam & PO Aurora