Ruby Princess

Ondine

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

The beautiful people shown in the photos in the cruise brochure aren't ever on board when I go on a cruise. 🙂And the sky isn't as blue .......

Never see any scooters, zimmer frames or oxy bottles in the ads either. There were plenty of them on my one and only Princess cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, lyndarra said:

Never see any scooters, zimmer frames or oxy bottles in the ads either. There were plenty of them on my one and only Princess cruise.

There are plenty of walkers and oxy bottles on the Around Australia itinerary. Almost duelling walkers outside the Princess Theatre in the evening.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

There are plenty of walkers and oxy bottles on the Around Australia itinerary. Almost duelling walkers outside the Princess Theatre in the evening.

Floating aged care facilities  from and to OZ ports, no flights, that is why the gerries go. No way would I go on a cruise if dependent on a wheelchair, zimmer frame etc. I would not want to be a burden on others. Mark my words.

Edited by NSWP

38 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The beautiful people shown in the photos in the cruise brochure aren't ever on board when I go on a cruise. 🙂And the sky isn't as blue .......

In the brochures always a couple of afro americans on the mdr table, to be politically correct. All dressed in country club attire. Yet rare to see those folk on board, Princess anyway.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

The shock jocks are eager to bring up ruby and her sister ships as the standard of the cruise industry.

No one with a brain actually heeds what shock jocks have to say.

Now that I think about it, it is probably why the politicians agree with them.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

No one with a brain actually heeds what shock jocks have to say.

Now that I think about it, it is probably why the politicians agree with them.

Rod believes it ?

My dear old daddy used to say ,  don’t underestimate the stupidity of a non-cruiser .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I thought the cruise where they arrived at 2am was the last cruise ie the one where Covid got onboard.

That is correct. The last cruise (the one where pax later were diagnosed with COVID - the  Brandee was on) arrived at 2am. Sorry that my previous post caused confusion.

The second last cruise would have arrived at the usual time, but with deep cleaning, embarkation and sailing were delayed.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NSWP said:

Floating aged care facilities  from and to OZ ports, no flights, that is why the gerries go. No way would I go on a cruise if dependent on a wheelchair, zimmer frame etc. I would not want to be a burden on others. Mark my words.

Can’t agree, but maybe that is because I am dependant on those things. But not sure I am a burden on others, if on anyone only Mrs Gut and if anything less of a burden on her on holidays then while at home.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Rod believes it ?

My dear old daddy used to say ,  don’t underestimate the stupidity of a non-cruiser .

Nah don’t underestimate the stupidity of anyone, and they breed quicker too.

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2021 at 2:31 PM, NSWP said:

Copied, but one never knows what will be left in the pot.  My friend from down here who was on Ruby and got crook is in the class action. Briefly he told me ages ago the basis for the claim was that Princess knew there were Covid cases on board on the cruise before the ill fated one and did not do much about it. Probably where the Deceptive/Misleading Conduct issue comes in - deceiving pax into believing they were coming on board a 'covid free and clean ship' so to speak.

We were on the cruise on Ruby Princess before the one that is in this case. There were NO COVID CASES on this previous cruise so interested to see how anyone is going to prove “Deceptive/Misleading Conduct” by Princess.

We were overwhelmed with NSW Health Doctors and nurses and didn’t get off the ship until near lunch time. The ship was “Covid free and clean” - and was proven so by the Hearing last year - (24th feb to 8 March cruise)
I definitely don’t understand what the Class action is about or what they hope to achieve? No amount of money will bring a loved one back 🤔

Just my two cents ……

22 hours ago, robncruise said:

OzKiwiJJ  Yes you are right  the 8 March cruise that arrived at 2 am on 19 March was the last cruise - no passengers embarked that day. The ship left OPT later that evening with just crew aboard.

Ruby did not arrive into the OPT in Sydney at 2am 😳 We arrived into Sydney on the morning of the 8th March 2020 at about 5:00/5:30am. About the same time as we always arrived back into Sydney.
Cannot believe that this time is still being thrown around, sorry robncruise 🙄

Media got hold of this time for some reason and that’s all anyone heard.

6 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Ruby did not arrive into the OPT in Sydney at 2am 😳 We arrived into Sydney on the morning of the 8th March 2020 at about 5:00/5:30am. About the same time as we always arrived back into Sydney.

I made a mistake in my previous post. Sorry. It was the cruise 8th March to 19th March that arrived back into Sydney at 2am, not your cruise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

We were on the cruise on Ruby Princess before the one that is in this case. There were NO COVID CASES on this previous cruise so interested to see how anyone is going to prove “Deceptive/Misleading Conduct” by Princess.

We were overwhelmed with NSW Health Doctors and nurses and didn’t get off the ship until near lunch time. The ship was “Covid free and clean” - and was proven so by the Hearing last year - (24th feb to 8 March cruise)
I definitely don’t understand what the Class action is about or what they hope to achieve? No amount of money will bring a loved one back 🤔

Just my two cents ……

I agree that there has been no proven cases of COVID on your cruise (24th Feb to 8th March). It was reported a couple of times early in this saga, but the hearing proved that there was no COVID on board.

You ask what the Class action is about and what they hope to achieve. I cannot see how they can prove that Princess negligently allowed people to board a ship where they knew there was COVID (because there wasn't). BUT they could be hoping that Princess will offer to settle to make the matter go away. As GUT2407 said, "a commercial decision".

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree that there has been no proven cases of COVID on your cruise (24th Feb to 8th March). It was reported a couple of times early in this saga, but the hearing proved that there was no COVID on board.

You ask what the Class action is about and what they hope to achieve. I cannot see how they can prove that Princess negligently allowed people to board a ship where they knew there was COVID (because there wasn't). BUT they could be hoping that Princess will offer to settle to make the matter go away. As GUT2407 said, "a commercial decision".

Thanks Aus Traveller - Covid has been such a dreadful thing for so many to endure this past year and cannot see how suing anyone is going to ease someone’s losses, but we all see the world differently don't we?

Just now, Porky55 said:

Thanks Aus Traveller - Covid has been such a dreadful thing for so many to endure this past year and cannot see how suing anyone is going to ease someone’s losses, but we all see the world differently don't we?

I agree. I can't see that suing in this case will ease anyone's losses. It isn't a clear case of negligence on anyone's behalf. If Carnival/Princess settle out of Court, most of the money will go to the lawyers and the litigation funders.

• Like 1

I really hope Carnival/Princess do not settle out of court in this case. If they do I think it would set a dangerous precedent. There would be class actions popping up any time something wasn't to someone's liking on a cruise: the sky wasn't blue enough, the sea was too calm/rough, the cuisine wasn't five star dining, the shows weren't three hour Broadway hits, the pools were too small, the weather was too hot/cold/wet ... okay, okay I'm exaggerating 😃 but you get the picture. Anytime anyone catches a simple cold they'll blame the cruise line instead of their fellow passengers.

I believe that this time Princess has right it's side. Yes, catching Covid-19 was horrible and, in some cases, tragic but the risk of coming in contact with a virus is actually an everyday risk it's just that this one is more contagious than most so the close confines of a cruise ship mean the risk is higher if something like Covid-19 gets onboard. But Ruby did not have it onboard when the previous cruise ended so it was brought onboard by embarking passenger(s).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

My  post was referring to the 8 March -  to 19 March Ruby  cruise  (not the one which disembarked on 8 March) . I was on. the  8 -19 March cruise and  I was clarifying time frames mentioned in an earlier post yesterday and confirm again  we berthed in Sydney at 2am on Thursday 19th March.  This was the final Ruby Princess cruise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree. I can't see that suing in this case will ease anyone's losses. It isn't a clear case of negligence on anyone's behalf. If Carnival/Princess settle out of Court, most of the money will go to the lawyers and the litigation funders.

Hi ..More info from my notes regarding law suit...Lay evidence: Feb 2021   Mediation: June 2021    Trial: March 1, 2022 (4 weeks)  .  Shine 45%..Litigation funder 25% plus reimbursement of fees.  800+ suing   Amount will be scaled according to loss/pain and suffering.  (I would think)

3 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Hi ..More info from my notes regarding law suit...Lay evidence: Feb 2021   Mediation: June 2021    Trial: March 1, 2022 (4 weeks)  .  Shine 45%..Litigation funder 25% plus reimbursement of fees.  800+ suing   Amount will be scaled according to loss/pain and suffering.  (I would think)

Maybe the people suing might end up with $1.25 each rather than just a share of $1.25. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1