The Daily for Monday Jan 25, 2021

richwmn

today is Irish Coffee Day, Better Business Communications Day, and Macintosh Computer Day

Conversation, n.:
    A vocal competition in which the one who is catching his breath is called the listener.

Meal suggestion for today - Chicken & Wild Rice Strudels

Drink of the Day - Rob Roy

Wine of the day - Caymus Special Selection Cabernet Sauvignon - California - Red

at Sea Pacific off San Diego
Noordam
Westerdam
Zuiderdam

Long Beach Anchorage
Koningsdam

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam

San Diego
Nieuw Amsterdam

Torquay
Eurodam
Oosterdam
Volendam
Zaandam

0125World.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good Monday morning.

Thanks for the Daily Report.

An Irish Coffee sounds like a good way to start the day!  I don't have a Mac.  Better communication is always something to strive for.

Interesting meal suggestion, I'll google that.

And the drink of the day sounds good to me.  I'm looking forward to reading about the wine.

Sending prayers to all who need them.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 12

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the days today I went directly from Apple 2 to Ipads with a big gap in the middle).  I like the quote and the meal suggestion.  My alternative is Chilled Sour Cherry Soup, Chilled Lychees with Kiwi Wedges, and Thyme Roasted Rack of Lamb, as served on MS Maasdam January 25, 2015.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax undergoing radiation treatment

RIP, Vmax1700's British cousin

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

Our Nation

RIP Larry King

Vict0riann awaiting biopsy results

Time for a comprehensive vaccination plan

Mamaofami’s friend in hospice

My brother weak and facing surgery

HAL (and other crews)

Kazu’s SIL and her BIL’s mom

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

A hometown Super Bowl for Tampa

Congratulations Chiefs.

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

A Covid vax plan for British Columbia

Fire Captain Andrea Hall

Happy Birthday, TheKingD

Vaccine appointment for bobpatj

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Good Monday Morning.  Thank you Rich and Roy! 

Toasting the beginning of a new week with an Irish Coffee.  Totally agree with the Business Communication, customer service seems to have disappeared now a days.  And I've been a MAC person all my life.  Began with a Commodore 64 and currently typing on a Macbook Air.

LOL at the quote.  Have to research the Meal suggestion.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Rob Roy:

Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz Scotch Whisky, 5/6 oz Sweet Vermouth, Dash Angostura Bitters
Preparation: Add ingredients to a mixing glass and stir over ice, strain into a chilled glass, garnish and serve straight up, or mixe in rocks glass, filled with ice.
Served: Choice of "straight up" or "On the rocks"
Standard garnish: Maraschino cherry or lemon twist

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.02.41 AM.png

• Like 15

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! What a great combo of days! Love Irish coffee, though perhaps best enjoyed on the deck of a ship cruising in Alaska. I will toast to better business communications & Macs this evening!

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy!  I will definitely add the Bucs to the celebration list! I admit I never expected them to make the Super Bowl this year. Woo hoo!

Morning Dailyites! Up early for my annual physical. Hoping for good marks. Love the quote and meal suggestion. Pass on the drink.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all we are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

This Napa Cab has excellent ratings, but it comes with a hefty price. The lowest price I found was $154.99!  I will not be adding this one to my list.

Winemaker Notes

A blackberry hue, with scents of rich leather, cooked caramel, berries and forest floor. Youthfully forward on the palate, supple and appealing with rich concentration. Tannins are abundant, yet fine, and persist throughout a layering of textural sensation. The richness of this wine correlates with the fine dust of the Napa Valley soils. Finish expresses oak (French barrel) and Caymus fruit-forward impressions. This wine is tannic, rich and squared off by our signature suppleness.
WW95 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com: The Caymus Vineyards Special Selection Cabernet Sauvignon is one of the world's most iconic and recognized wines. I recall being floored when I tasted the 1975 vintage, its first release. That wine was one of the memorable wines I have ever tasted. The 2016 vintage shows how well the "Special Selection" program has progressed. TASTING NOTES: This wine offers an outstanding synergy between fruit, earth, and oak. Its elevated and persistent palate should pair superbly with grilled ribeye topped with minced shallots and freshly-cracked black peppercorns. (Tasted: June 1, 2020, San Francisco, CA)
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 15

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Irish Coffee fits perfectly with the cold weather and frozen tundra.  The only time I use a Mac is when I help DH with his 😉   But I would be lost without my Ipad so I will celebrate it!

Love the quote.  Our dinner tonight might be close to the meal suggestion with DH’s Spanish rice and chicken.

Thanks @rafinmd for increasing my care list.  Not something someone usually wants, for sure.  Just a note that it is the nephew and not the SIL with covid.  My BIL’s mother is taking one unit less of oxygen which is encouraging (she is still getting a lot of oxygen).  They are actually considering moving her out of the covid unit so that her sons can visit her in PPE.  She should be in the covid unit but it is feared she will not live if she doesn’t get the encouragement of her sons.  it’s a tough call, for sure 😢 

Been working on a bit of planning for our cruise and this so reminded me of how things work so often 😉 

A591A1BF-26F2-432E-B46F-3304806A8FB1.thumb.jpeg.8d47974f7eb209214bbe39e647acddc7.jpegGoing back to our answer your cat’s question day, I think the better option is learning how to negotiate with your cat:

1357E790-763E-4600-BB44-2AFC43AC6A94.jpeg.afa38b468d9e1ca7703cc1bb3a4cfc9a.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and of course a toast to everyone on the Shout Out / Celebratory list.

Have a great Monday everyone.  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 26
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, Coral Princess is active in port Everglades.  Looks like there will be a Princess sail away today, Caribbean and Coral depart at 5 pm.

Thanks.  I was planning to mention that but slept later than planned and forgot.

Roy

• Like 5

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Good Monday Morning.  Thank you Rich and Roy! 

Toasting the beginning of a new week with an Irish Coffee.  Totally agree with the Business Communication, customer service seems to have disappeared now a days.  And I've been a MAC person all my life.  Began with a Commodore 64 and currently typing on a Macbook Air.

LOL at the quote.  Have to research the Meal suggestion.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Rob Roy:

Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz Scotch Whisky, 5/6 oz Sweet Vermouth, Dash Angostura Bitters
Preparation: Add ingredients to a mixing glass and stir over ice, strain into a chilled glass, garnish and serve straight up, or mixe in rocks glass, filled with ice.
Served: Choice of "straight up" or "On the rocks"
Standard garnish: Maraschino cherry or lemon twist

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.02.41 AM.png

Sounds like a Manhattan wirh Scotch

• Like 4

Rich, thanks for the fleet report.  I wonder why the Nieuw Statendam moved back to the Bahamas.  Roy, I liked your meal suggestion.  We are supossed to get a lot of snow here later today. Thanks to all posters. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Himself said:

Rich, thanks for the fleet report.  I wonder why the Nieuw Statendam moved back to the Bahamas.  Roy, I liked your meal suggestion.  We are supossed to get a lot of snow here later today. Thanks to all posters. 

I'm wondering why Nieuw Statendam moved to PE anchorage in the first place.

Roy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Himself said:

I just went to the Juneau web cam and moved over to Ft. Lauderdale and found a Princess ship docked at pier 26.  

Both Coral and Caribbean due to leave at 1700.  I will likely be involved in a  church meeting then and miss it.

Rou

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning everyone!

Irish coffee is my go to drink on cold weather itineraries.  This one was especially good after a day in Glacier Bay.

DSC01853.JPG

I had one in Ireland three years ago and it was good and potent.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Both Coral and Caribbean due to leave at 1700.  I will likely be involved in a  church meeting then and miss it.

Rou

I might watch it Roy.  Just wish more HAL ships were cominbg into Port Everglades.   I will be visiting friends in Orlando next month but would rather be

.crusing.  How about you, Roy?

• Like 3

Good Morning everyone,

I love Irish Coffee.  Always have one on ship regardless of the location.

Kazu-   Love the quote about relationships and travel. That is myself and DH for sure.   I do all the research and planning and he just nods his head. Although I was talking to a longtime friend last nite and she said they had booked a cruise to Alaska for this summer. When I asked what cruise line and ports she did not know said she had to ask her husband! LOL

Be safe and please wear a mask.

• Like 11