Solstice now in Drydock.

ipeeinthepool

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's a big piece of steel replaced just over the water line.  Wonder if they had to cut an opening to replace some piece of equipment or if it is just a repair?

That's a great view of the stabilizer.

The larger gray rectangular piece is a tender platform. Not sure what the technical name is. From the same IG account, it does look like the square cutout below the waterline and above the stabilizer itself was added to access some portion of the stabilizer mechanism. 

Here is a photo of the same tender platform on Solstice, but on the other (port) side of the ship.  Photo was taken on Jan 8, 2018 (Cairns, Australia) when she still had the large white X painted on the balcony walls of the hump cabins on both sides of the ship.  Part of the X is visible in the upper right hand corner of the photo.  Thankfully they were removed by the time we sailed on her in late 2019.

I presume that the oar looking symbol painted on the side of Solstice in the photo marks the position of the stabilizer.

Solstice Tender Platform.jpg

Edited by mahdnc

JadnttueSarscyp c2os9 eoatt 7onS:aeoh2s0foo rrPMedcsl  · 

#CelebritySolstice currently in Tuas Ship Yard where she will be getting ready to receive her new blue hull like her sisters!
Picture By Cruise Image
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ozark74 said:

They are doing some required maintenence and painting the hull blue. That"s all for this drydock.

I love how a ship with some dents and rust can generate so much interest!  Think we all need a cruise.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Photo_Traveler said:

How are things looking for the Alaska season?  I'm 90% sure it's not happening as I don't see a trans-Pacific sailing of the Solstice.      

Interestingly enough, the Celebrity Web site is currently allowing one to book the westbound transpacific in September 2021. Sort of implies they plan on having it on the US side of the ocean by then, but if the Alaska season doesn't happen this year (and I agree with your assessment on that) I'd assume the transpacific this fall won't happen.

4 hours ago, Photo_Traveler said:

How are things looking for the Alaska season?  I'm 90% sure it's not happening as I don't see a trans-Pacific sailing of the Solstice.      

Not happening. Canada just extended cruising until February 2022.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:00 PM, LGW59 said:

I love how a ship with some dents and rust can generate so much interest!  Think we all need a cruise.

Thats just the point, we don´t have much else to discus, other then WHEN , HOW  can cruises reasume. All those poor magic balls need a bit of rest. So I love to look at Solstice´s progress in her ongoing dry dock. Thanks for posting- great job.

• Thanks 1

Still not sold on the Blue.  Was originally keen as my first Celebrity cruise was on the Millennium back when it was originally blue.  But after being on the Equinox last year and seeing it it real life the colour doesn’t do it for me.  Oh well.... 

18 minutes ago, RickT said:

Still not sold on the Blue.  Was originally keen as my first Celebrity cruise was on the Millennium back when it was originally blue.  But after being on the Equinox last year and seeing it it real life the colour doesn’t do it for me.  Oh well.... 

Won't show the rust so much.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2021 at 1:24 PM, ExArkie said:

Interestingly enough, the Celebrity Web site is currently allowing one to book the westbound transpacific in September 2021. Sort of implies they plan on having it on the US side of the ocean by then, but if the Alaska season doesn't happen this year (and I agree with your assessment on that) I'd assume the transpacific this fall won't happen.

I am scheduled to be on that cruise, and Celebrity has put it on hold, and offers are coming out to change.

Although,  they have said that it is not yet canceled......

They have already canceled the Asia to Hawaii and Hawaii to Vancouver for this year. 

So, not sure if they would sail over empty, just to turn around again. 

Plus, they can not leave from Vancouver, as that port is closed until 2022.

Edited by morechances