Mandate the vaccine and establish a realistic start date

On 1/28/2021 at 10:06 PM, karena1 said:

I laugh that everyone thinks this vaccine is the end all to be all.  Just like the flu shot!!!.  There are so many variations of this virus, just b/c you get it, does not mean you  will be protected, anymore than you are protected with the flu shot.  I will get the vaccine (even though I am totally against it) ONLY because I want to cruise again.  We have been traveling all over since June and neither one of us have had any issues at all.  In fact - until we go in March, when the stupid CDC has mandated we get a test to come back to the states, we have not even had a COVID test.  This will be the first for us.  But willing to put up with the CDC BS so we can continue to travel.  Just like we will put up with the requirement to get the Vaccine even though I don't think it will do anything more than a flu shot (which I have never had).  Unfortunately, we live in a stupid world right now, and the CDC wants to control everything.  So whether I like it or not, I will do what they mandate. We refuse to sit at home in a bubble and die.  We want to live, so will do what we have to so we can continue to travel.  I know I will get blasted because we don't live in fear, but I simply don't care anymore. I am totally over all this BS.  Get the country open and let people live again. My mother almost died last weekend of a stroke.  Thankfully, she will be fine.  But life is short - LIVE IT!

Yes we are the same ... we can’t continually live like this forever however I really don’t think it would be fair to made vaccine mandatory to be able to cruise because I don’t want to get the vaccine and won’t be so does that make it fair that I will never be able to cruise with my family again but if that what it means we will need to not go cruising ever again which I am very sad about cos we love cruising 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fandash03 said:

Yes we are the same ... we can’t continually live like this forever however I really don’t think it would be fair to made vaccine mandatory to be able to cruise because I don’t want to get the vaccine and won’t be so does that make it fair that I will never be able to cruise with my family again but if that what it means we will need to not go cruising ever again which I am very sad about cos we love cruising 

We will have to let the virus know that it has to be fair.

• Like 4

Just now, fandash03 said:

Any vaccine mandate will go away eventially after the pandemic goes away. Your return to cruising may take longer that those who feel differently about vaccines.

Look at it this way, with no vaccine mandate it may take longer to restart cruising. That means everyone waits longer to cruise not just the unvaccinated. How is that fair? And is it fair to the cruise lines to wait because some, like you, don't want the shot? 

Sorry, but I just don't see your reasoning having much credence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Any vaccine mandate will go away eventially after the pandemic goes away.

The cruise lines may not mandate it after x years but countries may.  You currently can’t travel to over a dozen countries without proof of the yellow fever vaccine. I could see countries adopting the same for COVID. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

The cruise lines may not mandate it after x years but countries may.  You currently can’t travel to over a dozen countries without proof of the yellow fever vaccine. I could see countries adopting the same for COVID. 

So be it. You know the requirement and you make your choices. Then you live with the consequences if those decisions.  

Hmmm, my brother is right, I'm turning into my father.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, broberts said:

We will have to let the virus know that it has to be fair.

why is it when someone doesn't agree with something for them and they express their views ... it doesn't take long for people to make out they are selfish... I am not selfish person but I do believe I have the right to chose what I put in my body... and a vaccine that IMO has been rushed too quickly to be Able to determine its safety is not for me.. it takes years to determine side effects I was basically putting forward MY views on ME and MY FAMILY being able to decide whether we want the vaccination or not ... and our choice is not to and to just let the immune system do what it is supposed to.  I am not criticising or anything for people who want the vaccination as that is their choice but what I was saying is that if I make that choice and it is mandatory is does not seem right to me that we would have to get it to resume cruising but like I Said even though we would be sad to not cruise if that is what we would need to do then we would need to and we would seek out a different holiday for us 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fandash03 said:

why is it when someone doesn't agree with something for them and they express their views ... it doesn't take long for people to make out they are selfish... I am not selfish person but I do believe I have the right to chose what I put in my body... and a vaccine that IMO has been rushed too quickly to be Able to determine its safety is not for me.. it takes years to determine side effects I was basically putting forward MY views on ME and MY FAMILY being able to decide whether we want the vaccination or not ... and our choice is not to and to just let the immune system do what it is supposed to.  I am not criticising or anything for people who want the vaccination as that is their choice but what I was saying is that if I make that choice and it is mandatory is does not seem right to me that we would have to get it to resume cruising but like I Said even though we would be sad to not cruise if that is what we would need to do then we would need to and we would seek out a different holiday for us 

I made no comment on motivations, I was simply trying to point out that fairness is not a term easily applied to covid mitigation efforts. The virus will infect people regardless of their beliefs, preferences, or medical constraints. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fandash03 said:

You posses no "right" to cruise ... or go to Disney, fly in a commercial jet, eat in a restaurant, hold a job or attend a public school. Choose to ignore public health directives, regulations or laws, and you sacrifice those privileges? OK, that is your choice - live with the consequences.

Honestly, Fox has done more to curdle America's common sense than heroin ever could. 

If I conclude I don't like red lights and am entitled to "freedom of choice" about stopping, I can expect the traffic court judge to quickly straighten out my thinking. After paying a fine, I then have to make a decision about driving: either play by the rules or buy a skateboard. "Fairness" and "my rights" got nothing to do with it.

Edited by EscapeFromConnecticut
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, fandash03 said:

I heard a doctor say everyone needs to get the vaccine to stomp it out before it mutated to where the vaccine doesnt work. I know there are some who arent willing to get it, and counting on everyone else getting it to reach herd immunity.  I hope the majority will get it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

You posses no "right" to cruise ... or go to Disney, fly in a commercial jet, eat in a restaurant, hold a job or attend a public school. Choose to ignore public health directives, regulations or laws, and you sacrifice those privileges? OK, that is your choice - live with the consequences.

Honestly, Fox has done more to curdle America's common sense than heroin ever could. 

If I conclude I don't like red lights and am entitled to "freedom of choice" about stopping, I can expect the traffic court judge to quickly straighten out my thinking. After paying a fine, I then have to make a decision about driving: play but the rules or walk.

I was with you until you blamed fox news. Too many pointing fingers and getting political which is against cc rules. People need to take responsibility instead of blaming politics.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I was with you until you blamed fox news. Too many pointing fingers and getting political which is against cc rules. People need to take responsibility instead of blaming politics.

I wasn't going to comment but I was with him, too, until that needless comment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Fortunately, the cruise lines have to abide with travel restrictions from th U.S. and countries that they are going to. The other countries are having more restrictions than the U.S. so if they say vaccines only, then the cruise industry will have to impose their will on the passengers. There will be no choice. If people don't want the vaccine, there are other vacations to consider.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:
19 minutes ago, fandash03 said:

Expand  

No “Right to Cruise “ in the constitution.  It would be next to “Right to not wear a Mask!”  It’s hard for me to take this stuff seriously.  Selfish people that think their right to do as they wish supersedes  others’ rights to be safe.  Antivaxers = anti science and that is anti educated!  I am so sick of all the people that say, “you do what you want and I’ll  do what I want.”  We are 1 year into this and if you don’t get it by now, you are most likely hopeless!   I believe that proof of vaccines will be required for  quite sometime.  To answer your question..... the rights of the herd supersedes  the rights of one selfish cow!  Find another vacation type where they will allow you to expose the others!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

If I conclude I don't like red lights and am entitled to "freedom of choice" about stopping, I can expect the traffic court judge to quickly straighten out my thinking. After paying a fine, I then have to make a decision about driving: either play by the rules or buy a skateboard. "Fairness" and "my rights" got nothing to do with it.

The rules aren't the issue. The haphazard, random, inconsistent and seemingly politically-motivated and power hungry creation of the rules that's the issue.  Why is it safe to fly in a tiny metal tube for 4-5-6 hours but not in a gigantic ship with plenty of private areas and open air?

Why can a hotel resort on land be opened, but one on water can't?

Why were masks, lockdowns quarantines NOT advised for pandemics based on decades of science prior to March, yet after March suddenly that's the way to do things?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

If I conclude I don't like red lights and am entitled to "freedom of choice" about stopping, I can expect the traffic court judge to quickly straighten out my thinking. After paying a fine, I then have to

48 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

make a decision about driving: either play by the rules or buy a skateboard. "Fairness" and "my rights" got nothing to do with it.

just so you are aware, my family and I have adhered to ALL the health legislations and rules since march 2020. I have wore my mask, I social distance and everything else and do not flout the regulations so please do not tell me I have no right to cruise or fly or go to restaurants just because I choose not to have the vaccination. THAT IS MY CHOICE and you choose to have the vaccine ... if that is what you want but the choice should not take away other options to enjoy life... so what should I do in your opinion...just stay in the house and do nothing at all ever again ?   ...wow I am absolutely amazed by your thoughts... but I have had my say in this so THE END

• Like 2

Remember back when all we had to do was wear masks and use social distancing to return to normal?

The minute the vaccine entered the picture, masks and social distancing no longer meant anything. Now it's "everyone needs vaccined to return to normal"

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Remember back when all we had to do was wear masks and use social distancing to return to normal?

The minute the vaccine entered the picture, masks and social distancing no longer meant anything. Now it's "everyone needs vaccined to return to normal"

The truth is no one knows what will be required. So many claim to know what will be required, when until it's been decided no one knows what the rules will be.

Its just statements what people want. Maybe in a month we can see how israel is doing since they seem to be ahead of the curve. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, fandash03 said:

just so you are aware, my family and I have adhered to ALL the health legislations and rules since march 2020. I have wore my mask, I social distance and everything else and do not flout the regulations so please do not tell me I have no right to cruise or fly or go to restaurants just because I choose not to have the vaccination. THAT IS MY CHOICE and you choose to have the vaccine ... if that is what you want but the choice should not take away other options to enjoy life... so what should I do in your opinion...just stay in the house and do nothing at all ever again ?   ...wow I am absolutely amazed by your thoughts... but I have had my say in this so THE END

Not sure what to say to that. I don't want the vaccine either, but I realize the implications on cruising when several people get COVID during a cruise. The path back to safe cruising needs to start somewhere. Vaccine compliance among passengers and crew is the best way to build confidence. I am seeing why the cruise lines will have difficulty getting passenger compliance based on some of statements in this thread. I don't obviously don't have answers for every scenario. Fraudulent vaccine documentation, children vaccination, lack of final FDA approval, vaccine allergies or contraindications, possible COVID infection after vaccine, etc. etc. etc.. We need to start somewhere, even if it is temporary and does not fit everyone's needs. Set a realistic date and require all to be vaccinated seems like the best option. Last week 1.3 million shots were given per day. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ellaleah said:

No “Right to Cruise “ in the constitution.  It would be next to “Right to not wear a Mask!”  It’s hard for me to take this stuff seriously.  Selfish people that think their right to do as they wish supersedes  others’ rights to be safe.  Antivaxers = anti science and that is anti educated!  I am so sick of all the people that say, “you do what you want and I’ll  do what I want.”  We are 1 year into this and if you don’t get it by now, you are most likely hopeless!   I believe that proof of vaccines will be required for  quite sometime.  To answer your question..... the rights of the herd supersedes  the rights of one selfish cow!  Find another vacation type where they will allow you to expose the others!

Amen. 🏆

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, fandash03 said:

Have you choice. But be an adult & face the consequences of your choice.

no vaccine? A whole lot of employers will fire you ... or not hire you. A whole lot of countries may not let you enter. Cruise ships may refuse your booking. 

your choice ... but also your self-inflicted consequences. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

The rules aren't the issue. The haphazard, random, inconsistent and seemingly politically-motivated and power hungry creation of the rules that's the issue.  Why is it safe to fly in a tiny metal tube for 4-5-6 hours but not in a gigantic ship with plenty of private areas and open air?

Why can a hotel resort on land be opened, but one on water can't?

Why were masks, lockdowns quarantines NOT advised for pandemics based on decades of science prior to March, yet after March suddenly that's the way to do things?

Read the CDC No Sail Order - the original one.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, that is correct!  Try to keep up!

On 1/29/2021 at 5:02 PM, lovescats5 said:

So you want to ban kids from cruising until they are old enough to get a vaccine.  Maybe the vaccine will be a think of the past when my 13 yo granddaughter gets to be vaccinating age.  You want to cruise without kids go on Princess or Holland.  First the over 70 crowd was suppose to be banned because they were old and now the under 16 or 18 should just give up something they love.  Maybe I will file a law suit if my granddaughter is banned.  I know, let the under 18 and 70+ go and all you other people can stay home.  Yea, I am irritated and no I don't care if you get upset at me.  

Omg, go right ahead and file that lawsuit and see how far you get. If your granddaughter can’t get on a slide or some other form of activity because of height, age or weight are you going to sue for that? Hope you realize how ridiculous your comment sounds.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:46 PM, smokeybandit said:

I have no doubt there will be a class action lawsuit against RC if they make vaccinations mandatory.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 It won’t go anywhere.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:43 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Then I guess we better just shut everything down and keep it that way because the world is full of lying, cheating, untrustworthy humans.🙄

I wouldn't lie to get on a cruise ship. It is hardly even close to important enough to me to risk my integrity.

Unfortunately there are some that will do whatever it takes to cruise again and not get the vaccine. Sad, but true.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

It just worries me right now because "the science" changes every day.  The data changes every day.   It is sad because right now, I am being told by doctor NOT to get the vaccine- to stay as far at the back of the line as possible.  So if I am not permitted to get the vaccine, I will probably never be permitted to travel anywhere again. If I can't get on a cruise ship without it, can't go to a theme park without it, can't fly without it, can't go to restaurants or hotels or public places without it- I guess I am homebound for life now.  I never thought my life would be over at 50.    No wonder the suicide rate in the US is skyrocketing. 

That’s exactly what I have been saying since March 8, 2020 when we luckily “stuck” on the Ponant ship for 16 days (the best matter occurred to us for almost a year!). The most dangerous aspect is no one cares about it whatsoever. It us so obvious (happening to billions of people), and yet “saving” a tiny fraction of it is assumed more important. The whole planet is a sacrifice. I just read that Canada “stopped all flights to sun destinations until April 30” - ha! I guess they only allow  to fly to the North Pole (there is so much vitamins and energy over there to get during brutal Canadian winter!). And again, no one cares! It us funny, around 10-th of each month during last 10 months they (Canada) extends ban on crossing the border until 21-st of the next month.  What a joke! Such a magic number - 21!!! Here is another manic number - 100 (I see it around within last few months and more in use last 3 weeks; does anyone know what it represents?). I like 1,000 more.  Why not?

9 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

That’s exactly what I have been saying since March 8, 2020 when we luckily “stuck” on the Ponant ship for 16 days (the best matter occurred to us for almost a year!). The most dangerous aspect is no one cares about it whatsoever. It us so obvious (happening to billions of people), and yet “saving” a tiny fraction of it is assumed more important. The whole planet is a sacrifice. I just read that Canada “stopped all flights to sun destinations until April 30” - ha! I guess they only allow  to fly to the North Pole (there is so much vitamins and energy over there to get during brutal Canadian winter!). And again, no one cares! It us funny, around 10-th of each month during last 10 months they (Canada) extends ban on crossing the border until 21-st of the next month.  What a joke! Such a magic number - 21!!! Here is another manic number - 100 (I see it around within last few months and more in use last 3 weeks; does anyone know what it represents?). I like 1,000 more.  Why not?

Um, huh?  I’m afraid I don’t understand your comments.  Perhaps autocorrect or typos, but this doesn’t make sense to me.

• Like 4