The Daily for Wednesday Feb 3, 2021

richwmn

43 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

@ger_77 Made a batch of this as 2 - 4” cakes and 6 cupcakes. The house smells wonderful. I just pulled the cupcakes out of the oven and DH came charging down the stairs. ( He works at home now.) 

So he’s eyeing the cupcakes and says (with puppy dog eyes) “I have to wait for them to cool, right?” I told him they were hot and be careful.   So there are now 4 left. He couldn’t believe it when I told him what was in it.  I suspect I’ll be walking or riding to the store to pick up more soup for another batch. These won’t last around here. I’m planning to frost with a cream cheese frosting.

Generally canned tomato soup is something I really dislike, so your description made me want to try it and challenge my palate.

Thank you for sharing. 😀

I'm so glad your DH likes them; they've been my favourite since my Mom first made them when I was a child.  As I said, I liked them so much that I insisted that our wedding cake be a tomato soup cake.  The cream cheese frosting really does bring them up to another level entirely.  Enjoy!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 7

Thanks for the daily reports, photos and humour.

Yesterday Medsafe {Medicines & Medical Devices Safety Authority} granted provisional approval for Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine, but  no firm date when the vaccinations will start.

A sunny day but only about15C after the high of 25 yesterday.

Stay well and safe everyone.

Everyday is Feed the Birds day for us .

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 12

12 hours ago, Mary229 said:

adding.  In New Orleans celebrating Mom’s 87th. New Orleans is celebrating Mardi Gras with “float houses” this year.    It was quite the display.  Dinner was at Pascal Manales

43CBFE69-D143-4721-867F-28F298DABFBE.jpeg

35AD6219-15FD-4568-924D-74A2E018BCBF.jpeg

826BD222-3099-4644-A13F-5D7871D164E9.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Can I attach a video file to a post.  A couple weeks ago I posted a picture of a slew (collective noun for more than one?) of hummingbirds chowing down on our backyard feeder.  A couple days ago I was sitting at the table in the family room, working one of the newspaper puzzles and listening to the DVR recording of the Daytona 24 (awesome race, by the way), when I noticed a tremendous amount of buzzing sounds behind me.  Sure enough there were even more hummingbirds that I'd seen in that previously posted snap.  I edited the pic to point out the birds on approach around the feeder, and the more patient ones perched in the tree in the background.

IMG_67jjj03.jpg.6fb4b6672adbd22e4d3c5fddb1ae8da9.jpg

Mrs. XBGuy outdid me by recording a little 8 second video with her iPad,.

And to think I was excited last summer when we had 2 hummingbirds on our feeder at the same time.  Great picture and video.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

The Buddy Holly plane crash remains fresh in the memories of many Minnesotans since they were on their way to Moorhead, MN for a concert. 

I just refilled the bird feeder and put out a new corn cob for the squirrels.

We have "Grand Kitties"!

Our son and SO adopted two brothers and we got to meet them last night. They are about 3 months old and took to us pretty quickly. The cat treats may have had something to do with it!

Resized_20210131_110836.thumb.jpg.f04b83c8363ecbd61cbcf9ad8e6be959.jpgResized_IMG_37341.thumb.jpg.9eade09ee3d10b94b946c1d7fd82f718.jpgResized_20210129_165208.thumb.jpg.e4b7b6f14810c6ec5bc376aca56742ad.jpg

Thanks for sharing your photos  of the gorgeous kittens.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the hump day daily, Rich.  One day to be celebrated and another dark day in history.  I love the Marx quote, and while I won't make it "Quick" Chicken Piccata sounds very attractive.  Slept a bit late so I'll post my alternative a bit later.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax undergoing radiation treatment

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

doobieb quarantined until February 5; DD and DGS with Covid

durangoscots hoping for safe travel to her shot

Sharon’s mother and  daughter (but both improving)

Mamaofami’s friend’s final days, but rallying

RIP Sir Tom Moore

South Florida FBI

HAL (and other crews)

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Captain Werner Timmers

Jab appointments for Dfish

Jab for St.LouisSal’s DH

cruisin single’s step daughter

Most Dailyites apparently keeping their power

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Time for me and my family to move from the care list!

My test came back negative today,. DD and DGS’s are through with their quarantine and deemed healthy enough to get back to school.  And I got a call to schedule my first vaccine for next week. Today was a red banner day for sure.

Many thanks for the care and kindnesses expressed. 
My thoughts and warm wishes to all who are still dealing with challenges- illness and snow! And thanks for the many, many smiles that pass the time so well.

• Like 21

Thanks for the Daily to all who participate and make the day brighter for so many. I'm praying that everyone is safe and healthy and special prayers for those on the prayer list.  Congratulations to those getting their COVID vaccine. For all of us:

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask.

• Like 15

I know for sure that this is one of the happiest places on the internet. Thanks to all who "organize", participate, etc.  here!  Prayers for all on the care list.  

Please someone, direct me to the cruises that you think might be going.  I only have 9 days till my 2nd shot, and then two weeks after----!  I have a cruise for September departing Barcelona, that I seriously question whether it will happen.  So, anytime, except January (unless Hawaii), I could entertain the possibility of a blue hulled beauty.  So, anyone?

We have gotten some wonderful rain today (including thunder), which this area needs so desperately.  Naturally, we are thankful!  I was out today to get my mail today, and got soaked when it started while I was at the mailbox pod!

Have a great day everyone.  So happy for all the good news that everyone has shared!

• Like 14

50 minutes ago, doobieb said:

My test came back negative today,. DD and DGS’s are through with their quarantine and deemed healthy enough to get back to school.  And I got a call to schedule my first vaccine for next week. Today was a red banner day for sure.

My thoughts and warm wishes to all who are still dealing with challenges- illness and snow! And thanks for the many, many smiles that pass the time so well.

This is great news! Definitely something to celebrate!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, KirkNC said:

We loved the setup for Canaletto on the P'dam using the aft enclosed deck.  We learned that you needed to go after the sun was setting as it would be hot in there early.

I liked the gelato there so much I would get the waiters in Pinnacle to get it for dessert when we ate in Pinnacle.

Speaking of the P'dam and their Canaletto space - One thing that always bewildered me in the Lido [on all the Dam ships], why grab a table by the window, then close the curtains - because the sun is shining in. Plenty of people would like those tables and the ones liking the shade, could sit in further.  Instead - they cut off the view for everyone - and the sun is not shining in on the other side of the divided Lido. I never could figure it out. 

I can understand the main dining room where your table is assigned and the ship may be turned in a different direction. Just a thing that comes up more often than you would think.

Edited by Happily@Sea
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, doobieb said:

That great news all around👋👍

• Like 3

Good evening, all.

Another stellar day here.  I managed to snag a vaccine appointment for my friend, Tom.  He goes Friday at 6:45 pm.  I told him I didn't care if he had anything on the calendar, he could cancel it and get his vaccine.  He laughed and said absolutely!  

He was stuck in Zoom meetings all day.  We had both tried in the morning and had just struck out on all our attempts.  I was bored in my Zoom meeting, so decided to try one last time and Voila!  

@KirkNCprayers definitely for your DS and DBIL.  

@doobiebGreat news!  So glad for your family.

@ger_77Thank you for the recipe.  The reviews sound wonderful, so I'll have to try these for the family someday.

Stay safe everyone!

• Like 10

I was 14 when Feb 3, 1959 happened - Big fan and had a Glee Club practice that morning.  I was not really feeling in the mood to sing.

But they left behind some great music. My music is mostly 50s with a little 60s thrown in. The 60s jocks on Sirius - talk way too much. 😄

• Like 6

AE6BEAD2-6DA4-4108-BFB5-1261A9217DA7.thumb.jpeg.251f13480636df6c9743db4fa8202a4f.jpegD203144C-6C0B-42BB-B296-EFAE4D0BFD90.thumb.jpeg.a587a5839b3aa7661d39802e68c009f8.jpegThanks for the Daily, Rich and Roy. We have been feeding the birds in our garden for over a year since the bush fires. Over the last few days they all seem to have disappeared. We had been feeding up to 15 cockatoos, a pair of king parrots, and numerous bossy lorikeets. 

• Like 16

12 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Sharon in Arizona, I am so glad that things are improving for your Mother, I loved your picture a few days ago of snow on the Catalinas.  In fact, I tried to figure out where you were (which streets intersection) when taking the photo. We lived near Ft. Lowell Park for many years, the Rillito River was our next door neighbor.

If you zoom in you can see the sign for E Broadway 0-100 North. I think you can figure that out since you lived here. It’s much more developed in this area since we moved into this house in 1993. Back then that stop light was a 4-way stop sign, now it’s a 3 lane, double left hand turn intersection.  Gotta love Tucson and the crazy streets. 

• Like 4

Good late evening everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your prayers and thoughts for my Mom. She has a way to go but with her spunky attitude I know she will come through. 

We had burgers for dinner. I was going through the freezer and saw some ground beef that I forgot to Food Saver (have I ever mentioned how much I love my Food Saver?) , so burgers it was. 

Good night and see you tomorrow everyone!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Happily@Sea said:

I was 14 when Feb 3, 1959 happened - Big fan and had a Glee Club practice that morning.  I was not really feeling in the mood to sing.

But they left behind some great music. My music is mostly 50s with a little 60s thrown in. The 60s jocks on Sirius - talk way too much. 😄

Since you love 50’s music, have you ever gone on any of the Malt Shop Memories cruises?

St Louis Sal

• Like 1

7 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Since you love 50’s music, have you ever gone on any of the Malt Shop Memories cruises?

St Louis Sal

Never knew about them until I started on HAL. Haven't really had a good look at them. I go more for cruising itself.

If they are like most music venues these days - I would be blasted out - not a way to enjoy a cruise for me - I would probably  have to wear earplugs the whole time. 

23 hours ago, garlictown said:

👍Now the song "American Pie" is going through my head. I also loved the song Donna by Ritchie Valens .....in fact, I ❤️ all the oldies on the radio! Anyone else listen to sirius radio in the car?🎵:classic_biggrin:

You should be able to listen to Sirius through your computer now that they are including digital home use in the subscriptions. You could also stream it through Amazon Echo or a Sonos system. 

• Thanks 1