Cayman Island cruise stop

We have an upcoming cruise in early May  that I am 99.9% (  really 100%) sure will not sail.  Of course RCCL is still selling excursions.  What baffles me is there are excursions for the stop at the Cayman Islands.  Haven't the  Cayman Island authorities  stopped all crusie ship stops there?

BTW - I have the cruise paid and still on my cruise  account because I don't want  FCC ( for the deposits)     I'll wait for RCCL to cancel soon and get the $$ back.  

Amazed that they are selling excursions for Grand Cayman.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Amazed that they are selling excursions for Grand Cayman.

What is amazing that with you being on CC for these many years and with that many posts, you don't realize that this not amazing at all, but routine for RCI.

• Like 4

Just now, Biker19 said:

What is amazing that with you being on CC for these many years and with that many posts, you don't realize that this not amazing at all, but routine for RCI.

Thanks - I needed a laugh!

Not sure what   is worse - that they are selling excursion for a port that  may  no longer accept cruise  ships, or that there are still selling planner items for a May 1 crusie. 

Biker - do you know if the Cayman Island authorities have maintained their no cruise  ship regulation.  When I look on   line, all the  info I find goes through 2020.  Perhaps it is not necessary  for authorities to make a statement since no ship are sailing anyway.

M

All the cruiselines are still selling, just like rcl.  Just because it's for sale doesnt mean people have to purchase.

I have a sailing for may 23rd and now feel confident it will be cancelled.  I must admit that last August I felt confident the may sailing would happen and there was an amazing price for an excursion so I booked it.

I have 9 future cruises booked and have not booked excursions, dining packages, travel insurance or prepaid tips on any of them, except for that 1 excursion. And wont unti I know they are actually sailing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

When I look on   line, all the  info I find goes through 2020.  Perhaps it is not necessary  for authorities to make a statement since no ship are sailing anyway.

I have not seen an updated announcement beyond the existing ban through the end of 2020. They announced the ban even though ships were not sailing - don't think one is based on the other.

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not sure what   is worse - that they are selling excursion for a port that  may  no longer accept cruise  ships, or that there are still selling planner items for a May 1 crusie. 

Biker - do you know if the Cayman Island authorities have maintained their no cruise  ship regulation.  When I look on   line, all the  info I find goes through 2020.  Perhaps it is not necessary  for authorities to make a statement since no ship are sailing anyway.

M

Until Royal is 100% certain the cruise is going to happen Royal is not going to start changing itineraries and making changes to the cruise planner for every single port that may or may not accept ships.  Imaging how many changes they would be making and then remaking several times until they finally sail or in all likelihood they don’t sail at all and then all that work was for nothing.  

Once ships start sailing then you will see any necessary itinerary adjustments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

I saw someone from the caymans who posted the caymans have said no cruise ships until jan 2022. It's not a official statement to me like the one canada posted, more like they posted it in a local site.

Since who knows how many cruises before jan 2022, this might not have much effect. I found where the caymans was supposed to open to tourists by march, and they said that is no longer for sure with the new s. African virus. 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

It just means that Cayman hasn't formally closed the country to cruises yet.

I'd have to search for it on the site I cant name, but a roll call type p,ace, and saw a link caymans is closed to ships until jan 2022, so it might not be publically but privately it's been said in writing locally. I wouldnt count on it happening.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I saw someone from the caymans who posted the caymans have said no cruise ships until jan 2022. It's not a official statement to me like the one canada posted, more like they posted it in a local site.

Since who knows how many cruises before jan 2022, this might not have much effect. I found where the caymans was supposed to open to tourists by march, and they said that is no longer for sure with the new s. African virus. 

Here it is:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24185-no-cruise-tourism-to-cayman-islands-before-2022-government.html

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

I have cruises booked for November.  Not totally convinced they will sail.  I have stops in both Grand Cayman and Key West with excursions available to book.  Wailing like everyone else to see if these cruises will even happen.

I have a November 28th cruise on Oasis.  It was a L&S and I only did that because I booked with a NR deposit.  I don't have to make final payment until mid August and I think by then we will have a much better idea what will be happening by the end of the year.

Key West voted to ban large cruise ships, so not sure why that is still showing up on itineraries?????

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, mek said:

Key West voted to ban large cruise ships, so not sure why that is still showing up on itineraries?????

That decision is being appealed.  Like I said earlier until Royal actually resumes sailing there is no point in going through all the work of changing things around only to have the cruise cancelled

• Like 1