Celebrity Infinity sailing October 19, 2021, something is up with it

gam888

We are booked on the infinity on October 19, 2021 from Barcelona for 11 days.  It's still on the Celebrity's website but it's showing no cabins available on all categories. I know it was supposed to be a transatlantic cruise before, but Celebrity changed it to a cruise on the Med, and there are a few more cruises on that ship after that before the season ends. So I called Celebrity and asked them  if Infinity is still sailing on the Med. The agent said yes, but the reason why it's showing no cabins left to book, is because they are doing something to the itinerary, so they close the booking. I wonder if they are thinking of re-deploying it to somewhere again, if so, what would happen to the sailings after that. Because we are also booked on the sailing after that on Oct 30. I hope they will not change the itinerary to repeat mostly the same ports as the ones on Oct 30. So if we want to cancel the sailing on Oct 19, we would then cancel the one on Oct 30 as well. No point flying from Canada to Barcelona for a 8 day cruise. (the one sailing on October 30 is 8 days) Does anyone have any additional information what is the scoop with the Infinity sailing on October 19, why they stop the booking, but it's not cancelled yet, and there are other sailings after that on the same ship in the Med???

2 minutes ago, gam888 said:

We are booked on the infinity on October 19, 2021 from Barcelona for 11 days.  It's still on the Celebrity's website but it's showing no cabins available on all categories. I know it was supposed to be a transatlantic cruise before, but Celebrity changed it to a cruise on the Med, and there are a few more cruises on that ship after that before the season ends. So I called Celebrity and asked them  if Infinity is still sailing on the Med. The agent said yes, but the reason why it's showing no cabins left to book, is because they are doing something to the itinerary, so they close the booking. I wonder if they are thinking of re-deploying it to somewhere again, if so, what would happen to the sailings after that. Because we are also booked on the sailing after that on Oct 30. I hope they will not change the itinerary to repeat mostly the same ports as the ones on Oct 30. So if we want to cancel the sailing on Oct 19, we would then cancel the one on Oct 30 as well. No point flying from Canada to Barcelona for a 8 day cruise. (the one sailing on October 30 is 8 days) Does anyone have any additional information what is the scoop with the Infinity sailing on October 19, why they stop the booking, but it's not cancelled yet, and there are other sailings after that on the same ship in the Med???

There are a number of sailings on the website where they are doing the same thing.  No one here knows, only assumptions and conjecture (I know rarely ever happens on CC) so I guess we just need to stay tuned... 

• Haha 1

We are on Infinity the end of Sept because they pulled Connie out totally and gave us the option to transfer to another sailing on Infinity or get a refund.  They were also so very ind to offer a whole $100 OBC for transferring to Infinity.  Could be that they are holding cabins for more transfers, but at this point none of us will know until they decide to tell us

1 hour ago, gam888 said:

I thought about the dry dock possibility, but this cruise is only for 11 days, and the sailings after that are still booking. 11 days is kind of a short time for a dry dock? Who knows?

You are sailing Barcelona to where?  I'm on Nov 7 Lisbon to Barcelona.

4 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

When the virus is under control

You are just stating the obvious.  Over in the vaccine threads lots of folks are sharing their opinion.

Passengers and crew need to be inoculated.  And vaccines must be effective against new variants.

You could say cruising will resume in 2022 or 2023.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2021 at 11:42 PM, gam888 said:

I thought about the dry dock possibility, but this cruise is only for 11 days, and the sailings after that are still booking. 11 days is kind of a short time for a dry dock? Who knows?

Marine traffic shows Infinity headed for Cadiz right now - maybe dry dock before the first 2021 cruise scheduled for 8th May? Revolution? Indeed, who knows?

28 minutes ago, stevenmary said:

Marine traffic shows Infinity headed for Cadiz right now - maybe dry dock before the first 2021 cruise scheduled for 8th May? Revolution? Indeed, who knows?

Any port in a storm will do

On 2/11/2021 at 3:42 PM, gam888 said:

Hi, we're booked on the same cruise, & I noticed yesterday it has disappeared from the big box stores travel site....   booked it because it was the only choice given to us when they cancelled our May connie cruise (such a great itinerary, but I get it)  I also applied a FCC towards it... so now I'm wondering if they cancel, what will our options be & what on earth happens to the FCC I used?  I'm fine with it getting cancelled as I really don't like the itinerary, but would like some communication from X  :)

Don't hold your breath for a full Revolution.  I suspect the dry dock is going to be for mandatory inspection/maintenance.  Probably will get the blue paint job like Solstice did in the last few weeks during it's short dry dock in Singapore.

Summit's full Revolution was 81 million dollars.  I can't imagine them spending that kind of money now.

just did the "chat" on Celebrity's website...  I was advised that while they don't have any information about it being cancelled that I should :

"As of now I do not have any information on suspending this sailing. I advise to keep an eye out on the website and your email for any updates on your sailing"

Going to say that's code for getting cancelled,  does anyone know what happens when a cancelled cruise booking was moved to a new booking & in addition a FCC was applied?

19 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Going to say that's code for getting cancelled,  does anyone know what happens when a cancelled cruise booking was moved to a new booking & in addition a FCC was applied?

Generally the FCC is reinstated with the original conditions, any additional monies paid would be eligible for what they are offering.  

If they offer any substitute sailings the entire reservation including FCC should be able to be moved.

• Like 1

It is my understanding that there will be no cruises longer than 7 days Either  leaving from or arriving to a US port, hence no trans Atlantic voyages until 11/1/21. Could this possibly be a rescheduling or a cancellation. I. Addition some hotels in Barcelona have contacted US citizens holding reservations for next summer and fall saying they were cancelling the vacationers( cruisers ) reservations and issuing a refund as they felt Spain was not going to be open for other than EU tourism this summer.

Edited by Knolmom
Sp

19 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Any port in a storm will do

Agreed, but it seems strange to go so far when she has been moving around between Athens and Limassol with Connie for the past few months.

Anyway, she is now definitely in dry dock at Cadiz, so must be having some work done. It will be interesting to see what.

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

Most likely routine maintenance and possibly a paint job.  The Eclipse is in Dry dock in Singapore for routine maintenance and her new paint.

That's what the article posted in another thread said. Nothing in passenger areas.  And yes Blue paint job.   I wonder if the paint job comes from the Marketing budget??😀

Edited by wrk2cruise

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's what the article posted in another thread said. Nothing in passenger areas.  And yes Blue paint job.   I wonder if the paint job comes from the Marketing budget??😀

Why do they care about a paint job?  Are they doing it to all ships?

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Why do they care about a paint job?  Are they doing it to all ships?

Apparently so.  Originally the new paint job was done as ships were revolutionized but when that was halted it seemed they  added painting to when the ships went in for routine maintenance.  From a time standpoint it will reduce The amount of  time ships are out of service for revolutionizing.