The Daily for Tuesday Feb 16, 2021

richwmn

Good  morning  to  all. We  have  rain(!) here   and  40  degree  temperatures. It  is  melting  some  of  our  snow  piles  and  hopefully  my  SIL can get  his  car dug  out  before  he  parking  violations  man  comes  down  the  street. Alternate  side  of  the  street  parking  was  suspended  for  a  week but  there  was  so  much  icy  snow encasing  the  car  he  could  not budge  it. Ticket  prices  are astronomical.

Thanks  for  the  recipes,sunrises  and  laughs.      Terry

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

It must be different here in Florida In Brevard county where I live they asked for my insurance information. I actually received it in Orange County ( Orlando) and they also asked for it.  The Publix site is also asking for insurance info.

Overcast and rainy here today.  But temps in the 70s.

Stay safe everyone and please wear your masks.

As I understand it, some are charging insurance for an administering fee...cost of giving the shot. That might be the reason for asking for the insurance information. Not sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Here in Pennsylvania Dutch country it’s Fasnacht day. A fasnacht is a raised potato donut- no hole is cut in the center- it was traditionally fried in lard , the point was to use up the fats before Lent. It can be eaten plain, powdered sugar or with molasses.

We never did get ice last night, just rain.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

9C27D721-04B4-4894-A3AF-84AF650AB1F3.jpeg

I could go for a few of these today.  

• Like 6

Just now, DFD1 said:

As I understand it, some are charging insurance for an administering fee...cost of giving the shot. That might be the reason for asking for the insurance information. Not sure.

You are correct.  I’ve worked with a few customers to allow them to claim an injection fee from insurance.  No charge to the patient.

• Like 4

No insurance information needed in Georgia (or at least our local Health District) to receive the vaccine.  There was a spot to put in your SSN but we left it blank because we don't give that out unless absolutely necessary and apparently it wasn't.  

The weather in Waco has been very unusual with ice and snow and they don't deal well with it.  So my DS who is there to testify in a patent infringement trial is just sitting around in his hotel room, eating in hotel dining room and using hotel gym while he waits for it to begin.  Yesterday was the original day of jury picking, and then the trial afterward, but now it has been postponed until next week.  He should have been able to leave Texas by Thursday a week from now, but now who knows?  The end of next week was already scheduled up with him flying to an Indianapolis 3 day soccer meet, and then moving out of the Clearwater Beach condo rental to head home to Michigan.  I have a feeling DH and I will be getting ourselves involved to help with closing up the condo and driving his car to our house in Georgia to await his arrival so he can pick it up and drive it home.  Flexibility is the key and being retired we are flexible!  More fun than sitting around the old homestead watching TV or reading a book.🤓

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Good Morning everyone!! Thank you to Rich for today’s quotes! So far fingers crossed that I don’t get any grouches today LOL! So far everyone is kind with big smiles with the vaccines 👍

🌺Hope you are doing well Roy and my prayers go out to you as always.

🌺

Are you doing first or second doses.  Gator65 reported that it was all smiles on first jabs but not so much on second doses.

Roy

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

It must be different here in Florida In Brevard county where I live they asked for my insurance information. I actually received it in Orange County ( Orlando) and they also asked for it.  The Publix site is also asking for insurance info.

Overcast and rainy here today.  But temps in the 70s.

Stay safe everyone and please wear your masks.

We didn’t have to fill out anything on insurance in highland county. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Are you doing first or second doses.  Gator65 reported that it was all smiles on first jabs but not so much on second doses.

Roy

🌺We are doing second doses Roy. We have a limited supply which were reserved for the the patients with the first dose.

Denise😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Was that a requirement.  In Maryland the language about health insurance is in the signup but greyed out and no questions are asked about Insurance.  I got my first jab without ever being asked about insurance.  I think the signup was hastily adapted from an existing application and there are some vestiges of un-needed information.

Roy

I signed up online and had to attach pictures of my drivers license and insurance card.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wouldn’t you know, the first snow of our season that required a snow blower and ours needs a spark plug. Since we were still in lockdown yesterday with stores closed we are grateful that the neighbour is using his on our driveway. Will get two spark plugs once we can get out to have a spare next time! The city will plow the road but maybe not until tomorrow night or so. No issues with power thank goodness and the wind has died down.

F639A3A9-B754-490E-B1C1-BB30B5248025.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

The Publix site is also asking for insurance info.

I got my second shot at Publix last week.  When I initially registered online, I was using my phone.  When I got to the question about insurance, I could not get my phone to switch between numbers and letters To enter my id, so I just indicated I didn’t have insurance.  I signed up DW using my iPad, which allowed me to enter her Medicare number.  When I arrived for my appointment, I explained I did have Medicare and was ready to present my card, but was told not to worry about.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

🙂 Good Morning and Thank You for the Daily.😊

Later today Seth Wayne (Holland America Line) will ask questions on Mardi Gras for "Tuesday Trivia." If you use Facebook, look for his page. ✏️

The best Sangria we had has to be in Spain and 🤞we are so hoping to return to Barcelona in September.🍷

Vaccinations are ramping up .....all we had to do was show a driver's license and our Kaiser membership card. Appointments were made on the phone and at the first dose, a return date was given. We have had both doses and are happy campers. 👀

🙏 Prayers to all who are in need. Have a good day!

FB_IMG_1612883576399.jpg

• Like 20

Good morning.  I will give thanks this morning to live in the "banana belt" of Colorado at least for the time being.  Really no snow on the ground, and certainly no power problems.  My thoughts go out to all dealing with all sorts of winter weather problems.

I was asked for insurance info on my original vaccine registration, but never had to show anything when I showed up for either shot.  Just wanted to relate my reaction after the second shot last Friday.  I was fine the day of the shot, but by Saturday afternoon, I had a fever and was very achy (sort of like flu aches).  I took a Tylenol, as directed, and after about 45 minutes my fever went down, but the aches persisted.  By Sunday morning, I was fine.  Still have a sore arm, but nothing that is stopping me.  (Don't think the Dentist will accept that as a "no-show" excuse this morning.)

My best to all for a good day, and prayers that all keep their power!  

• Like 15

1 minute ago, cruzn single said:

Good morning.  I will give thanks this morning to live in the "banana belt" of Colorado at least for the time being.  Really no snow on the ground, and certainly no power problems.  My thoughts go out to all dealing with all sorts of winter weather problems.

I was asked for insurance info on my original vaccine registration, but never had to show anything when I showed up for either shot.  Just wanted to relate my reaction after the second shot last Friday.  I was fine the day of the shot, but by Saturday afternoon, I had a fever and was very achy (sort of like flu aches).  I took a Tylenol, as directed, and after about 45 minutes my fever went down, but the aches persisted.  By Sunday morning, I was fine.  Still have a sore arm, but nothing that is stopping me.  (Don't think the Dentist will accept that as a "no-show" excuse this morning.)

Pfizer or Moderna?

Roy

24 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Evidently the bananas are growing north of us... we are having light snow to top off the 8 inches we got on Sunday. Still, not bad over all and I am very glad I am not in Texas. I can handle snow, but only if fully prepared. And here the skiers are really happy.

Susan

• Like 14

I was not asked for insurance information when I registered for the vaccine.  When I arrived they asked for my red, white, and blue Medicare card.   I get my insurance through the teachers' retirement system and they go through Aetna.   I was told to put the RWB card away and never use it because if I did, I would be kicked out of the system's Aetna plan and would be on my own.   I told this to the girl at the pharmacy and she insisted they needed the RWB card to charge Medicare Part B.  I explained that they could charge Medicare Part B with the Aetna information, but she wouldn't take it.  I asked why they were charging for it since it was Moderna, paid for with taxpayer money, so I had already paid for it.  She said they really didn't charge, but needed the Medicare Part B information.  No claim has come through on my insurance, so who knows what they are doing.  I'm not sure they do.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I just had a message from my Niece.  My Nephew (living in San Diego) is now with her and they plan a relatively quick funeral.  It will be streamed on Zoom.

Roy

I’m glad that your nephew could join your niece.  It will help to have each other for support.  

Sadly that can’t be done here due to quarantine issues if someone comes from out of province 😢 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

I was not asked for insurance information when I registered for the vaccine.  When I arrived they asked for my red, white, and blue Medicare card.   I get my insurance through the teachers' retirement system and they go through Aetna.   I was told to put the RWB card away and never use it because if I did, I would be kicked out of the system's Aetna plan and would be on my own.   I told this to the girl at the pharmacy and she insisted they needed the RWB card to charge Medicare Part B.  I explained that they could charge Medicare Part B with the Aetna information, but she wouldn't take it.  I asked why they were charging for it since it was Moderna, paid for with taxpayer money, so I had already paid for it.  She said they really didn't charge, but needed the Medicare Part B information.  No claim has come through on my insurance, so who knows what they are doing.  I'm not sure they do.

That sounds frustrating having to go through those hoops. I'm glad you were able to continue on and get the shot(s).

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

Our pharmacy  did  the  same  thing  and  would   not  take  the  Aetna  information. I  wondered  what  they  were  doing  but  at  the  time  I  was  so  happy  to  get  the   vaccine I  said  nothing. This  was  in  NY.    Family  in  Massachusetts  practically  had  to  promise  their  next  grandchild as  all  information  was  taken!        Terry

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Thought I might mention a different subject.  Today is the anniversary of my joining Cruise Critic.  We had been retired and cruising a few years and I was unaware of it.  We booked a 49 day cruise around South America on the Carnival Splendor.  About ten days before departure from Miami my DD emailed me to check out CC; there was a lot of info from the passengers on the upcoming cruise.  I did, and people were talking about getting their Brazil visa.  I went back to the online TA and asked about it and she told me Carnival said it wasn't needed for the cruise.  I posted this on CC and was told that we wouldn't be able to board if we didn't have it.  Went back to the TA and she said she made a mistake and to express mail our passports to a company in Miami and she would pick up the extra charge.  We did and got them back about three days before flying to Miami.  When we boarded there were about 100 passengers who had to stay in Miami, get their visas and pick up the ship at the next port.  At that point I realized how valuable CC was to cruisers and have been a member since then.

Here is a sunrise from our hotel in Phnom Penh, Cambodia a year ago.  Hope it comes out OK as the last picture I posted from my cell phone came out inverted.IMG_0502.thumb.JPG.faa076ab1ddfbd2074179a55d1f1117c.JPG

• Like 23