HAL's Cruise Atlas

sail7seas

Do they sill publish and print the Atlas? 

I have not seeen or heard of one    in Way  tioo      long

How can a six star Mariner  (o anyone) buy a cruise  if we do not know whaf they are selling?

Their website is notorious for being near to   unuseable,

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Do they sill publish and print the Atlas? 

I have not seeen or heard of one    in Way  tioo      long

How can a six star Mariner  (o anyone) buy a cruise  if we do not know whaf they are selling?

Their website is notorious for being near to   unuseable,

Hello Judy!  Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/ebrochures.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the digital brochures are all that is available due to the uncertainty of cruising at this time.  Like you, I enjoy all of the information that is available in the Cruise Atlas but I don’t think we’ll see a new edition until the industry stabilizes.

• Like 1

Sail, I understand your frustration as well as you would like to know what "might I next do".  Don't remember when I received my last Cruise Atlas.  But, I do remember that the last one that I had was one I picked up during a cruise and NOT SENT TO ME FROM THE MARINER SOCIETY as a benefit that I ought to have received.  

(The capital letters are intended to draw the attention of anyone in Seattle at HAL HQ that might be reading this post.)  

Given that none of us know when cruising will again resume, it would be a severe waste of resources for HAL to publish any hard copy brochures dealing with future cruises.  

I DO WANT hard copy brochures to again appear when "normality" resumes.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

It just might be a thing of the past ..

And it  will save a few trees ...

Surely, your thinking is correct:  a cruise atlas may be an antique.  

Save a few trees?  Yes, but, in the wider scope of paper usage in the world, .....?

1 hour ago, ski ww said:

The last Cruise Atlas I have is April 2020 April 2021 

Attached: https://issuu.com/jamesrawesturismo/docs/hal_brochure

For the record, I don't think a single one of these voyages sailed ? 140 pages of unrecoverable expense printed on matte-coated 70# stock. I don't think any cruise line will be too keen to repeat, until they know their ships might actually be sailing ?   Scott. 

• Like 4

I haven't received one from HAL in a couple of years.  I just pick one up from Flight Centre or Cruise Expedia when I'm out shopping.

Interestingly, HAL hasn't sent us any brochures for the past year, but suddenly we are getting some in the mail addressed to a previous occupant of the house - who sold it 20 years ago!   

• Haha 1

I picked up my HAL and Princess Atlas for comparison. I think it's not time for the Atlas to be mailed yet. The dates on HAL is April 2020 to April 2021, and Princess is March 2020 to May 2021.

I remember when HAL changed the Mariner Program years ago, and you weren't too happy about it. I'm happy that HAL has added five and six stars. It says a lot for customer loyalty. 

Take care!

Edited by CaliforniaAC

1 hour ago, CaliforniaAC said:

I remember when HAL changed the Mariner Program years ago, and you weren't too happy about it. I'm happy that HAL has added five and six stars. It says a lot for customer loyalty. 

According to HAL website the program only goes to 5 stars. Although they don't list the President's Club so perhaps that is what is considered 6 stars.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/mariner-society.html

• Like 1

8 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

HAL hasn't sent us any brochures for the past year,

Oh!  You irritated me by your comment.  I am now starting to get unwelcome multi-pages colorful brochures from Oceania and Regent.  Neither line I am sure I will not patronize.  A small mailing from Carnival Cruise Lines or Princess from time to time, but nothing from HAL.  

23 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

It just might be a thing of the past ..

And it  will save a few trees ...

That is ok, not great but ok...  if that would be their decision they could provide us with a digital pdf.    

43 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

That is ok, not great but ok...  if that would be their decision they could provide us with a digital pdf.    

They have on their website online brochures for different regions.  They are still working on itineraries for the future.  The earliest i would hope for another online Cruise Atlas would be beginning April 2022 and maybe a print version to follow for distribution to TA’s.  

14 hours ago, Mary229 said:

The beauty of the atlas is everything in one place.   

And it can be left OUT, opened to special pages with great pictures of where one wants to go, to catch DH’s eye and imagination. Then he gets a great idea 💡 that he might want to book a cruise.😉😇🤫

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

And it can be left OUT, opened to special pages with great pictures of where one wants to go, to catch DH’s eye and imagination. Then he gets a great idea 💡 that he might want to book a cruise.😉😇🤫

It is a wish book!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mary229 said:

It is a wish book!

Do you remember when Sears used to produce such a "wish book" for the Christmas season?  How many sales were made because of that product?  We'll not know; but, that publication surely gave me ideas that I could pass on to my relatives for gifts.  The Cruise Atlas fits that same purpose!  

But, for the recent MBA's, such an "old fashioned" marketing technique lacks...what?  Sexiness?  Coolness?  Not Hip?  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Do you remember when Sears used to produce such a "wish book" for the Christmas season?  How many sales were made because of that product?  We'll not know; but, that publication surely gave me ideas that I could pass on to my relatives for gifts.  The Cruise Atlas fits that same purpose!  

But, for the recent MBA's, such an "old fashioned" marketing technique lacks...what?  Sexiness?  Coolness?  Not Hip?  

Couldn't one do the same thing, just virtually?  Copy and paste the link to a cruise you're interested in and email it to...whoever?

• Like 2

On 2/19/2021 at 3:52 PM, T8NCruise said:

I think she just made a typo.  PC is by invitation.  

Nope, not a typo... Just been around so long that if six stars isn't here yet, it will be after folks start cruising again. The load will get too heavy on the top end of five stars, and they will have to expand, or change the program. Customer loyalty is important to HAL, and they need to be loyal to their customers too.

7 hours ago, CaliforniaAC said:

Nope, not a typo... Just been around so long that if six stars isn't here yet, it will be after folks start cruising again. The load will get too heavy on the top end of five stars, and they will have to expand, or change the program. Customer loyalty is important to HAL, and they need to be loyal to their customers too.

I tend to agree to a certain point, though in recent years HAL seems to be detracting from their own loyalty program, and yes they certainly do need to be loyal to their loyal customers too.  I speak as a few-days-short-of 5 star, which doesn't have much benefit over 4*.  They seem to be more focused on things like Club Orange.  
But as to the OP's suggesting she is 6*, no such thing, and I do think typo as she definitely is not.