Good News / Good Progress towards back to Cruising....

NavyCruiser

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

You have mentioned this is a couple of posts.   Can you post a link?  I've not seen it and would like to read.

google healthy sail panel.

it was  published late September, and nearly six months have passed (IN TODAY, CANCELLATION NOW THRU MAY 31 AT LEAST and there are no updates, no  test sailings yet, not even a simulated dockside simulation (it's difficult to see this process identified below as a "cut and past" takes less than several months:

image.png.6e7724844e302a3d95c81b85ffbabcbc.png

once they are approved to restart:

image.png.c659938b189a584fad0d74e7d5a5458e.png

And then there  is what should be an overall comment-and we have not even reached the limited sailing threshold:

image.png.ff14d0c2b6fe0646efeaec6ce645e17f.png

and if your currently booked cruise is this year and longer than 10 days.........

image.png.5e4eda3b7004243683b6a8252f3597b2.png

and in my opinion, the touht "kicker" resides in this paragraphs opening line:

image.png.22a67faa00f503dbc396932ad6eaed86.png

This is a randomly selected  you tube review--not endorsing it just  linking it:

saying most of RCL cruises cancelled thru May 31 and changed cancel policy to May 31 for sailings thru April 30, 2022?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBsODu-MJn4

if you take the time to read the 67 pages, its like a Christmas Wish list and since 6 months have past and its looking like more time will pass, and appears CDC is not being flexible, esp with seeing Royal Carib move to foreign ports as home ports. How will we like flying to Cozumel vs Miami:  of being in florida and having to travel to go on a cruise.

Edited by HMR74

3 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

it was  published late September, and nearly six months have passed (IN TODAY, CANCELLATION NOW THRU MAY 31 AT LEAST and there are no updates, no  test sailings yet, not even a simulated dockside simulation (it's difficult to see this process identified below as a cut and past takes less than several months.

I know it has been since September.  But so many things have changed since last September. Including vaccines.  Including a new administration and a new Director of the CDC.  That would also mean many internal leadership changes at the CDC.  Now we are dealing with an entirely new team most likely.  So I would not really count on anything 6 months ago being particularly relevant now or 3 months from now.  Many things from the original Healthy Sail Panel were discussed in the absence of vaccines.  If vaccines are required to sail then a lot of this other stuff goes away.  I suspect smart folks at the CDC are waiting to understand the impact of vaccinations in the US.  Why make a statement or ruling prematurely?

The new boss:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0120-rochelle-walensky.html

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

I know it has been since September.  But so many things have changed since last September. Including vaccines.  Including a new administration and a new Director of the CDC.  That would also mean many internal leadership changes at the CDC.  Now we are dealing with an entirely new team most likely.  So I would not really count on anything 6 months ago being particularly relevant now or 3 months from now.  Many things from the original Healthy Sail Panel were discussed in the absence of vaccines.  If vaccines are required to sail then a lot of this other stuff goes away.  I suspect smart folks at the CDC are waiting to understand the impact of vaccinations in the US.  Why make a statement or ruling prematurely?

The new boss:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0120-rochelle-walensky.html

It seems many CC folks here believe the CDC exists only so they can get back to cruising.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I now believe that the cruise lines are not going to wait on the CDC "test cruise" stuff, and just use the existing guidelines to start cruising again... Namely fully vaccinated cruises.  If the CDC says that with a vaccination, you don't need to social distance or wear a mask around other vaccinated people, then, what would be the issue to restart cruises with 100% vaccinated ships (outside of getting the crew vaccinated).?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

it was  published late September, and nearly six months have passed (IN TODAY, CANCELLATION NOW THRU MAY 31 AT LEAST and there are no updates, no  test sailings yet, not even a simulated dockside simulation (it's difficult to see this process identified below as a "cut and past" takes less than several months:

image.png.6e7724844e302a3d95c81b85ffbabcbc.png

once they are approved to restart:

image.png.c659938b189a584fad0d74e7d5a5458e.png

And then there  is what should be an overall comment-and we have not even reached the limited sailing threshold:

image.png.ff14d0c2b6fe0646efeaec6ce645e17f.png

and if your currently booked cruise is this year and longer than 10 days.........

image.png.5e4eda3b7004243683b6a8252f3597b2.png

and in my opinion, the touht "kicker" resides in this paragraphs opening line:

image.png.22a67faa00f503dbc396932ad6eaed86.png

This is a randomly selected  you tube review--not endorsing it just  linking it:

saying most of RCL cruises cancelled thru May 31 and changed cancel policy to May 31 for sailings thru April 30, 2022?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBsODu-MJn4

if you take the time to read the 67 pages, its like a Christmas Wish list and since 6 months have past and its looking like more time will pass, and appears CDC is not being flexible, esp with seeing Royal Carib move to foreign ports as home ports. How will we like flying to Cozumel vs Miami:  of being in florida and having to travel to go on a cruise.

You do realize that since those ports are outside of CDC control, it is not the CDC preventing them from starting up cruising out of a port in  Mexico or Barbados. Yet they have not done so.

Must be far more reasons than the CDC keeping them from doing so, such as disease incidence,  destination ports, lack of cover by sailing without government approval, concern by a significant percentage of their passengers, as well as issues with their own ability to keep covid off of their ships at this point.

After all if it was just they CDC they could have already done so.

• Like 2

I had to go back and look.

The Healthy Sail Panel recommendations were industry only. Good mix of outside experts, 69 pages, so I'm not re-reading it today, and issued September 21, 2020. But it's an industry group, not a dialogue.

The current CDC Framework for Conditional Sailing Order was issued on October 30, 2020, 40 pages, and if memory serves actually includes some similar if not same recommendations from the Healthy Sail Panel. But it actually requires the cruise lines to submit plans. The Healthy Sail Panel report isn't a plan from the individual cruise lines to address the requirements in the Framework. I'm not aware (not sure any of us would be aware) of any cruise line submitting a plan. I'd kind of guess that if any of the lines had submitted something, they'd have put out a press release on how they were moving forward to resume cruising...

7 minutes ago, nocl said:

You do realize that since those ports are outside of CDC control, it is not the CDC preventing them from starting up cruising out of a port in  Mexico or Barbados. Yet they have not done so.

Must be far more reasons than the CDC keeping them from doing so, such as disease incidence,  destination ports, lack of cover by sailing without government approval, concern by a significant percentage of their passengers, as well as issues with their own ability to keep covid off of their ships at this point.

After all if it was just they CDC they could have already done so.

RCL as stated is making Cozumel a home port since its not subject to US & CDC rules.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HMR74 said:

RCL as stated is making Cozumel a home port since its not subject to US & CDC rules.

But they have not done so yet have they.  When are they selling their first cruise.

9 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Can you name them please?

I was under the impression that the CDC exists only to prevent us from getting back to cruising. 😁

OK finally some humor here on CC on this thread!😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, HMR74 said:

to understand it you have to dig deeper with data and reports, and last months CDC and cruise line report said clearly that the CDC is asking for protocols that the cruise lines will not be able to do and be viable.

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

You have mentioned this is a couple of posts.   Can you post a link?  I've not seen it and would like to read.

1 hour ago, HMR74 said:

Ah, there's the problem: you said "last months [sic] CDC and cruise line report" in the earlier post(s) when you were actually referring to last September's report.

44 minutes ago, nocl said:

But they have not done so yet have they.  When are they selling their first cruise.

uh, do some research, your own and watch some of these you tube videos which report they are seeking out Honduras and Cozumel which is welcoming RCL. It may be posturing with the CDC.cAnd perhaps the Israel home port vs Rome.

If these companies cannot sail from the US and other ports, they from a business perspective have to seek alternatives.

But I will give you this, your un-researched sarcastic reply  comment that you made was, imo  unnecessary.

Just now, HMR74 said:

uh, do some research, your own and watch some of these you tube videos which report they are seeking out Honduras and Cozumel which is welcoming RCL. It may be posturing with the CDC.cAnd perhaps the Israel home port vs Rome.

If these companies cannot sail from the US and other ports, they from a business perspective have to seek alternatives.

But I will give you this, your un-researched sarcastic reply  comment that you made was, imo  unnecessary.

Not a sarcastic comment just a question that points out that the cruiselines are not exactly jumping at ways to start up outside of CDC control.  

You still have not answered the question of when they are going to start.

After if the only reason they were not sailing was the CDC why haven't they already started.

The only one I have found that they are actually selling is Barbados, but that one doesn't start until November.

More than just the CDC keeping cruise line from sailing.

The only places where cruise lines have sailed or have  clear plans to do (in the EU, Singapore, UK, Israel, etc) are places with tight government controls and restrictions, that have approved plans in accordance with those controls.  You have not see cruises fleeing to areas without controls and sail, because the lines need/what government approvals to provide legal cover and assurances in case something goes wrong.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Ah, there's the problem: you said "last months [sic] CDC and cruise line report" in the earlier post(s) when you were actually referring to last September's report.

Duh-you miss the point--recent was 6 months and what's happened since. And now we get another extension, and cruise lines are looking elsewhere. You go figure it out. its a you know what war between the cruise lines and the CDC,which makes it political.

You might  try reading the report and understand then why the cruise lines cannot comply and if the CDC stands on its positions the cruise lines will be gone. They from their surveys know they lose a lot of customers who do not  have or want vaccines and do not want to wear masks. 

What part of "these companies cannot sail big or small ships at 60% capacity with other restrictions and at higher prices" do we collectively not understand?

Unless we are not being told something, we are probably at a critical point her,e at least for sailing in and out of US ports. Heck, we haes the same wars here over the Florida and Texas policies and NY and  California policies and that's all political too. Each wants its own way.

I for one am done "litigating" this issue here--since almost everybody here is rather opinionated, I will make my decisions and  so can everybody else. I am sure this part will make people in disagreement with me happy, and free up time to get ready to watch baseball. .

It is a business and it is dollars

Edited by HMR74

12 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

4 minutes ago, nocl said:

Not a sarcastic comment just a question that points out that the cruiselines are not exactly jumping at ways to start up outside of CDC control.  

You still have not answered the question of when they are going to start.

After if the only reason they were not sailing was the CDC why haven't they already started.

The only one I have found that they are actually selling is Barbados, but that one doesn't start until November.

More than just the CDC keeping cruise line from sailing.

The only places where cruise lines have sailed or have  clear plans to do (in the EU, Singapore, UK, Israel, etc) are places with tight government controls and restrictions, that have approved plans in accordance with those controls.  You have not see cruises fleeing to areas without controls and sail, because the lines need/what government approvals to provide legal cover and assurances in case something goes wrong.

Sure of course, YouTube is where I get all of my trusted information from.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HMR74 said:

Duh-you miss the point--recent was 6 months and what's happened since. And now we get another extension, and cruise lines are looking elsewhere. You go figure it out. its a you know what war between the cruise lines and the CDC,which makes it political.

There's no need for you to be rude when responding to other posters. Might I also point out that in your earlier post you referred to "last months [sic] CDC and cruise line report", not to a report from 6 months ago as you claim now.

By the way, I have read the report, in its entirety, but thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

You might  try reading the report and understand then why the cruise lines cannot comply and if the CDC stands on its positions the cruise lines will be gone. They from their surveys know they lose a lot of customers who do not  have or want vaccines and do not want to wear masks. 

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. You're quoting a cruise industry document, not the CDC requirements. The CDC requirements came out after this, and to the best of anyone on this board's knowledge have not been addressed. The document you're quoting is not from the CDC or any other government agency of any country.

14 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Elon Musk just announced that his brand new cruise port on Mars is now open for cruises, before any US ports.  Just gotta import some water there first....

I thought they found water? Probably be a big ocean right before the sun goes supernova...

• Like 2