Good News / Good Progress towards back to Cruising....

NavyCruiser

17 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Duh-you miss the point--recent was 6 months and what's happened since. And now we get another extension, and cruise lines are looking elsewhere. You go figure it out. its a you know what war between the cruise lines and the CDC,which makes it political.

You might  try reading the report and understand then why the cruise lines cannot comply and if the CDC stands on its positions the cruise lines will be gone. They from their surveys know they lose a lot of customers who do not  have or want vaccines and do not want to wear masks. 

What part of "these companies cannot sail big or small ships at 60% capacity with other restrictions and at higher prices" do we collectively not understand?

Unless we are not being told something, we are probably at a critical point her,e at least for sailing in and out of US ports. Heck, we haes the same wars here over the Florida and Texas policies and NY and  California policies and that's all political too. Each wants its own way.

I for one am done "litigating" this issue here--since almost everybody here is rather opinionated, I will make my decisions and  so can everybody else. I am sure this part will make people in disagreement with me happy, and free up time to get ready to watch baseball. .

It is a business and it is dollars

have fun, and please use spell check

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Not true at all.  Many folks believe that the CDC only exists to keep the cruise lines from resuming service.

Many people believe the earth is flat, but that doesn't make that belief true either.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Many people believe the earth is flat, but that doesn't make that belief true either.

What!!!???  

The earth is not flat...?

Won't the CDC worried that our cruise ships will sail off the edge...?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

For all of the people that believe that the "Follow the Science" approach is absolute, they need to remember that there was a time when the Science said that the earth was flat.  If Columbus followed the Science we would have never found the New World.  Sometimes, you need to change your approach when you see new evidence but you may not know all of the details.  The CDC needs to move away from it's Earth is flat position and allow people to start looking for the New World.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NavyCruiser said:

What!!!???  

The earth is not flat...?

Won't the CDC worried that our cruise ships will sail off the edge...?

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but that's the real reason that they are delaying the return to cruising!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

For all of the people that believe that the "Follow the Science" approach is absolute, they need to remember that there was a time when the Science said that the earth was flat.  If Columbus followed the Science we would have never found the New World.  Sometimes, you need to change your approach when you see new evidence but you may not know all of the details.  The CDC needs to move away from it's Earth is flat position and allow people to start looking for the New World.

Columbus did not discover the new world, there were lots and lots of good folks here when he "discovered" it, we all know how that worked out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Columbus did not discover the new world, there were lots and lots of good folks here when he "discovered" it, we all know how that worked out.

Hope no one takes the bait!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Look all you like, but keep your distance and wear a mask....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

There are threads filled with posts criticizing the CDC for the many changes in approach the CDC has made over the past year as new information came to light. Now we get posts criticizing the CDC for not making changes. I guess it really doesn't matter what they do, when they do it, or why, there will always be someone bellyaching about the CDC .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

There are threads filled with posts criticizing the CDC for the many changes in approach the CDC has made over the past year as new information came to light. Now we get posts criticizing the CDC for not making changes. I guess it really doesn't matter what they do, when they do it, or why, there will always be someone bellyaching about the CDC .

I think folks look at CDC and say, oh it means Cruise Dammit Cruise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nocl said:

yes

Soon to be  a state maybe?  They voted in a non binding resolution that passed last November for statehood.  Now the U.S. House is expected to take it up this month?  D.C. is next. then China.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/15/congress-talking-puerto-rico-statehood-next-month-pedro-pierluisi/

Edited by ChucktownSteve

In the past few days RCL has surveyed guests to feel out their expectation of what onboard protocols they expect to see, if they plan to be vaccinated and if their decision to book a cruise was impacted by vaccines. When Richard Fain says "I don't know"...I truly believe they have absolutely no clue what their plans are. 

Richard Fain should just say:

"We've been losing $300 Million per month by not cruising.  So I just spent $10 Million to buy 100,000 doses of XYZ vaccine.  100% of our crew will be fully vaccinated by the end of April, so we plan to start sailing on June 1, 2021 for vaccinated passengers only at 50% capacity, ramping up 10% capacity monthly to reach 100% capacity by year's end.  So based on your own CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated people can freely mingle with other fully vaccinated at minimal risk.  Mask wearing in public spaces are optional for those who wants it, otherwise, not required.  So if the half of the population of people wants to cruise, go get vaccinated.  Those who don't, stay safe at home.   Now let's go...!!!"

Edited by NavyCruiser
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:
1 hour ago, NavyCruiser said:

Forget the CDC, I'm going cruising with Erik the Red...

He offers great Norwegian fjord cruises I hear.

Only one problem....time machine would be involved;  also might not pass CDC requirements.

50 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:
1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Do you have proof of that?

Proof they were 'good folks'?  or that Columbus did not discover the 'new' world (to him, not to the 'good folks').

Disney CEO Bob Chapek brings a dose of reality to Disney fans and says he hopes that they may be able to operate limited cruises by fall. 

They're in a slightly different position with the amount of unvaccinated kids involved, but still. Don't pack your bags yet. 

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Disney CEO Bob Chapek brings a dose of reality to Disney fans and says he hopes that they may be able to operate limited cruises by fall. 

They're in a slightly different position with the amount of unvaccinated kids involved, but still. Don't pack your bags yet. 

According to dtr and family Disney did a poor job in Orlando with social distancing...long lines, too crowded!

Bush Gardens was much better!

Hope Disney cruises would be with vaccinated crew abd  adults....?????

Edited by hcat