Chances of a Kids Sail Free This Spring?

RCCL Fan

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Yea, I read your response.  What is wrong with trying to avoid misbehaving children by avoiding summer and holiday cruises?

Nothing wrong with avoiding certain Cruise periods. That’s your choice, your money.  IMO, the unruly, misbehaving adults, are far worse than any kids, during those times you book. 

Book the cruises you want. Your choice. Royal is a family cruise line no matter what you or I think. 

M8

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

One daughter and two nephews through marriage, none of my own.  But, once again, I have never stated nor implied that I am against kids or families, just kids that are able to run amok because their parents take a vacation from parenting while they are on a cruise.

That's fair.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Nothing wrong with avoiding certain Cruise periods. That’s your choice, your money.  IMO, the unruly, misbehaving adults, are far worse than any kids, during those times you book

Book the cruises you want. Your choice. Royal is a family cruise line no matter what you or I think. 

M8

Especially those Pinnacle ones😇

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

There would be no difference if the school that they went back to was in Grand Cayman on Monday and then Nassau on Tuesday......

Obviously, the cruise lines and islands will be on the same page regarding health protocols. 

My comment was geared towards those that want to use health protocols as a way of keeping kids off a ship. Seems twisted to me, especially since they will still be around kids  on land, in stores, church, restaurants, etc. 

FYI, I cruise during the off season,  usually Oct/Nov or April/May. Never had an issue with unruly kids. Some cruises I barely know they are there. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Obviously, the cruise lines and islands will be on the same page regarding health protocols. 

My comment was geared towards those that want to use health protocols as a way of keeping kids off a ship. Seems twisted to me, especially since they will still be around kids  on land, in stores, church, restaurants, etc. 

FYI, I cruise during the off season,  usually Oct/Nov or April/May. Never had an issue with unruly kids. Some cruises I barely know they are there. 

Listening to them laugh, splash, and carry on while you're on the sun deck sipping a cocktail must make them extra infectious.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between kids going back to school without being vaccinated vs getting on a cruise ship without being vaccinated?

Asking for a friend. 🙂

I'm not in school with them.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

One daughter and two nephews through marriage, none of my own.  But, once again, I have never stated nor implied that I am against kids or families, just kids that are able to run amok because their parents take a vacation from parenting while they are on a cruise.

Honestly there is no need to defend yourself at this point.  As I said earlier I have experienced what you are talking about on Princess and I was in my 30's and 40's at the time traveling with my own kids. One night when we went to pick our kids up from the kids club we noticed that some of the teens were jumping from the stairs onto the deck. They were having a contest to see who can jump from the highest step.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I also call unruly kids rugrats or yard apes. I don’t see it any different than you calling Dr. Fauci as Dr. Flipflop or Dr. Who.

My kids are 25 and 28 and we still call them rugrats.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lizzius said:

... Wow. Truly a relic of a different time. The debate about context with "rugrat" aside, there is no room for grace when someone uses a slur like your second offering.

Sorry, but I didn't realize you were that old. My apologies. 😀  What do you call unruly kids? Unruly kids, yard apes, rugrats, etc it's all the same to me. You call it a slur and I don't. More power to you. I don't think all kids are unruly just like I think there are adults that behave badly. 

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

Well I’m sure everyone an CruiseCritic saw the announcements, Royal Caribbean is going to start sailing Odyssey of the Seas out of Israel in May. At this time they are going to require vaccinations for everyone 16 and older. Guess that gives us a good hint as for what’s to come. 😜

Additionally, in conjunction with Israel’s health and tourism authorities, these will be the first fully-vaccinated sailings, where both crew and guests above the age of 16 will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to boarding. Details on the additional health and safety measures to be implemented by Israel and Royal Caribbean will be announced at a later date.

The more I read it the more I think they'll only allow people 16 and over to cruise out of Israel. 

• Like 1

Just now, Heymarco said:

Hmm, interesting. If Q&A doesn’t speak to it, maybe we can try a mock booking tomorrow. Hopefully they won’t take reservations for people not allowed to sail. 🙄

If it's billing itself as a fully vaccinated cruise then I would say they are not allowing kids under 16 or else it is NOT a fully vaccinated cruise.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

If it's billing itself as a fully vaccinated cruise then I would say they are not allowing kids under 16 or else it is NOT a fully vaccinated cruise.  

That's what I was thinking as well.....but....why qualify with an age? 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

That's what I was thinking as well.....but....why qualify with an age? 

Possibly because the vaccines currently available in Israel are only available for those over the age of 16.  Of course the 15 and under segment can be spindoctored either way.  Possibly allowed on board with no vaccinations or not allowed on board at all.

Edited by SNJCruisers

40 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

The more I read it the more I think they'll only allow people 16 and over to cruise out of Israel. 

If that was the case they wouldn't have mentioned the age group. They would have just said "these will be the first fully-vaccinated sailings, where both crew and guests will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to boarding"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Possibly because the vaccines currently available in Israel are only available for those over the age of 16.  Of course the 15 and under segment can be spindoctored either way.  Possibly allowed on board with no vaccinations or not allowed on board at all.

So the statement may mean that anyone who is approved to get the vaccine must do so in order to cruise, and kids under 16 are exempt. Makes sense really. Unvaccinated kids shouldn't be an issue if everyone else on board is vaccinated.

There's also a second part of Royal's statement that we're forgetting. "Details on the additional health and safety measures to be implemented by Israel and Royal Caribbean will be announced at a later date". So there will be other measures in place anyway.....ie masks, social distancing, etc etc. 

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If that was the case they wouldn't have mentioned the age group. They would have just said "these will be the first fully-vaccinated sailings, where both crew and guests will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to boarding"

Yeah, I think you're right. They probably mentioned the age because that's the vaccine is only approved for those 16 and older. 

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Yeah, I think you're right. They probably mentioned the age because that's the vaccine is only approved for those 16 and older. 

I do agree it needs clarification, especially for as sensitive as the topic of vaccines is.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 3:26 PM, Pandamonia said:

I still dont understand the logic of why Kids need to be vaccinated when all the adults are. The vaccine prevents 95% of symptomatic infection after 2 doses.

I don't understand the logic of why kids DON'T need to be vaccinated when al the adults are. Those un-vaccinated kids leave a huge gap in the protection of everyone on board.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 4:47 PM, lizzius said:

Even now I think it's as low 250 out of 500k total deaths. Meanwhile, 10 people over 60 died from COVID *post vaccination* in Israel in the last two weeks. 

One can still contract Covid in the interim of the two weeks after the second shot. Some people do not realize they do not reach full immunity right away after the second shot and don't continue maintain wearing a mask and distancing from others. So, yes, people have contracted Covid and have died after their second shot of the vaccine.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:08 PM, smokeybandit said:

Or maybe they just understand the science of the whole thing.  And the bean counters will rely on science, too, not paranoia that people have thinking they'll catch and die of covid if they happen to merely see an unvaccinated kid.

My son's school district has been open full time since August. Kids 10 and under don't wear masks. They don't stay 6 feet apart because that's impossible.

Guess how many in-school covid transmissions there have been: ZERO

If this is really true, why haven't other school districts opened up to in person learning 100%? I would love to see all kids back in the classroom for full in-person learning sessions but that does not seem to be happening all over the country.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:00 AM, Heymarco said:

I don’t get why people choose family cruise lines if they don’t like families? Maybe stay away from Disney, RCI, and Carnival. I hear HAL is nice and quiet.

But....HAL doesn't have bumper cars and water slides. I may be old but I still enjoy those things on ships.