Odyssey Rome inaugural season moved to Israel

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

If I may suggest, the ones which include Santorini are worthwhile 🌺

And the good thing is there won't be many other cruise ships in port. Last time I was in Santorini there were five big cruise ships at the same time. You could hardly move in those narrow streets 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I can’t wait to see people posting YouTube videos onboard!  We are sailing Feb 6, and would love to see real ship tours 🙂

I was thinking the exact same thing!! I had my doubts that the Rome season would happen, so I was resigned to the possibility of having to wait until the fall to see what she's really like. Hopefully some pictures and videos will begin to surface this summer. 🤗

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

May I know if there is any source on this news that I can read?

"First hand" source -- the Israeli travel agents are swamped with hundreds of calls for booking.

People are registering with several agencies, and they'll book with whoever replies first....

Those who managed to book are proudly displaying their "results", much like wining a lottery 😁

As of now, those cruises are the only "game" in town.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

"First hand" source -- the Israeli travel agents are swamped with hundreds of calls for booking.

People are registering with several agencies, and they'll book with whoever replies first....

Those who managed to book are proudly displaying their "results", much like wining a lottery 😁

As of now, those cruises are the only "game" in town.

I feel happy for you and all the Israeli cruisers. Hope there will be more ships from other cruise lines to use Haifa as homeport in the future. Then you can have more choices without flying to other countries for embarkation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

I feel happy for you and all the Israeli cruisers. Hope there will be more ships from other cruise lines to use Haifa as homeport in the future. Then you can have more choices without flying to other countries for embarkation.

Thank you so much, appreciate it. It will indeed be marvelous.

Fingers crossed this "experiment" will succeed among this pandemic....

• Like 5

On 3/11/2021 at 3:32 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

It can only be booked by Israeli travel agents.

Technically, unless your Miami TA is licensed by Royal to sell to citizens of countries other than Canada or the US they shouldn't be selling to you.  Many travel agents will break the rules hoping they don't get caught.  

TA's need a separate operating license for every country they wish to do business in.

Sorry, off the topic - Ken would you be licensed for Australia?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

So, the initial announcement said cruises starting in May - were any actually available in May and then got cancelled? The first sailing I see in June 2.

The 1st sailing from Israel is June 2nd (actually, a 3 day cruise to nowhere.... embarkation, one sea day, debarkation 😁).

There were no sailings for sale before this date.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The 1st sailing from Israel is June 2nd (actually, a 3 day cruise to nowhere.... embarkation, one sea day, debarkation 😁).

There were no sailings for sale before this date.

This is actually selling well? You move into your cabin and the next night you pack to get off the ship the next morning. I wouldn't do that even if I could.

• Like 1

1375370427_Haifaschedule.thumb.jpg.de6d5e917893117cb1cb7b1571efbdf8.jpg

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is actually selling well? You move into your cabin and the next night you pack to get off the ship the next morning. I wouldn't do that even if I could.

I agree with you.... and contacted the "Bob" of the Israeli cc, and he sent me the revised schedule...

Still cruise to nowhere, but starting from June 4th - Haifa, sea day, sea day, Haifa.

There is even one with 3 sea days....

Taking into account that the Israeli hotels are very expensive, and most include only breakfast, the rates are a "steal"...

I assume the June 2nd cruise is for travel agents and PR....

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2