Odyssey Rome inaugural season moved to Israel

2 hours ago, bhoffman said:

Yes, they cancelled our August cruise on Odyssey out of Rome. 

Odyssey - 2021.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The August 2020 Mediterranean cruise was cancelled by RC or by you?

Stands to reason that if BOTH cruises were cancelled by RC, then L&S will be allowed.

Though, not sure about one of the cruises being cancelled by you...

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

See post #147 just above yours. RC cancelled their August cruise 🙂

Yes, I've understood the 1st time that their August 2021 was cancelled by RC.

I'm asking, again, about the August 2020 cruise. You said "presumably" it was cancelled by RC....

6 minutes ago, bhoffman said:

We lifted and shifted the 2020 cruise before it was cancelled and Royal cancelled the 2021 cruise

Thank you. The "before" might explain RC's reply....

I seem to remember that you can exercise the "right" to L&S only once....

BUT, don't give up, ask for "escalation" or "resolutions", keep calling until you might get another answer.

Good luck ! 👍

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

BUT, don't give up, ask for "escalation" or "resolutions", keep calling until you might get another answer.

Good luck ! 👍

It might explain the agent's reply but Royal cancelling a cruise on you is the exception to the once only L&S rule. 

I'm sure I saw a post by Ken @Ourusualbeach highlighting precisely this point. 

Not all agents are up to speed yet.

Adding good luck wishes to be able to get an acceptable result. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Good luck ! 👍

DANI - I'm so delighted for Israel. I have a nagging concern though, that since only Israelis will, for a while, be allowed on these cruises, this makes the ship a huge target for terrorists. Any thoughts? (I happen to think Israeli security methods are, by necessity, the best in the world.)

40 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

DANI - I'm so delighted for Israel. I have a nagging concern though, that since only Israelis will, for a while, be allowed on these cruises, this makes the ship a huge target for terrorists. Any thoughts? (I happen to think Israeli security methods are, by necessity, the best in the world.)

You might be right (thinking about the Achille Lauro hijacking?), but that was more than 35 years ago.

It was a first.

Since then, I think security measures and methods have evaluated greatly.

But yes, it is a concern, and I'd like to think that it was and will be taken into consideration.

I'm more concerned with the fact that, since our roll out of vaccines was so successful, the youngest population isn't in a rush to get vaccinated, and they quite "let their hair down".

Mutations keep appearing, and I'm not really that sure that in the end, those cruises will be a "go".

Sadly, we are not Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea in terms of discipline.... For the best and.... for the worst.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Good luck ! 👍

Dani, a second lift and shift is now allowed but only if Royal cancels the second sailing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow! Our group of six just scored the deal of a lifetime. We had all booked the Allure Fall TA. When that got cancelled, we did a L&S to the Odyssey Fall TA that just got cancelled. We have now been able to L&S to the Voyager Fall TA next year out of Copenhagen. Good grief, those balcony cabins are going for over $10,000 right now. Once you factor in the $200 OBC from the onboard booking for the Allure and the Odyssey $100 OBC, we're getting this sailing for under $2000 per cabin. Now we just have to decide what we're going to do about the other Odyssey sailing, because we were to do the 9-day Greek Isles cruise just before the TA.

• Like 6

On 3/1/2021 at 7:49 PM, duckcruiser4 said:

FWIW, I did a L&S on Explorer transatlantic on 11/6/2020 to Odyssey transatlantic on 10/28/2021 (already a great deal since my original  Explorer cruise was cheap.)  RCCL today let me L&S that cancelled Odyssey transatlantic to a comparable balcony on the Voyager 09/04/2022 Arctic Crossing.   Port, itinerary, ship, etc. didn't matter, just the cruise length had to be within a day of the cancelled cruise and had to be in 2022.  If this 09/2022 cruise actually happens, it will probably be the best deal I've ever had  (D+) on RCCL.   (p.s. Odyssey was our 14th cancelled cruise since March 2020- we wouldn't have taken them all but we've sure been trying to get on a ship!)

RCCL and our travel agent have told us we cannot lift and shift from the canceled Odyssey (Oct 28) cruise to the Artic Crossing (9/4/21) because they don't have any 4D balconies, only 2D, yet we see on Facebook that others with the same level suite are being moved to that cruise.  We've called several times and always are told "no" even by the Crown and Anchor people.  We're diamond level.  Our second choice was The Holy Land cruise (two Oct. sailings) and were told that didn't qualify because it's 12 days and it has to be 13-15 days.  Yet other people from our canceled Odyssey cruise are being lifted and shifted to it.  What's going on?  If one person can do it, everyone should be able to.

1 hour ago, nightengale103 said:

RCCL and our travel agent have told us we cannot lift and shift from the canceled Odyssey (Oct 28) cruise to the Artic Crossing (9/4/21) because they don't have any 4D balconies, only 2D, yet we see on Facebook that others with the same level suite are being moved to that cruise.  We've called several times and always are told "no" even by the Crown and Anchor people.  We're diamond level.  Our second choice was The Holy Land cruise (two Oct. sailings) and were told that didn't qualify because it's 12 days and it has to be 13-15 days.  Yet other people from our canceled Odyssey cruise are being lifted and shifted to it.  What's going on?  If one person can do it, everyone should be able to.

Tell your TA to call again until they get a different answer.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Interesting idea, Israel is unique in it's residency laws.  

Could a person from the US leverage Israel's "Law of Return" to gain residency, and book sailing on an early sailing of Odyssey?

You'll need to be vaccinated first, + one week after the 2nd dose. Then you'll gain a sort of "green passport", attesting to those facts.

BUT, in order to be vaccinated, you'll have to be a member of a Health Organization (for example, Maccabi), and there is a certain period of waiting before becoming a member.

A Jewish mother or grandmother wouldn't hurt either 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finally managed to get our L&S sorted - 9 night Greek Odyssey changed to 10 night Hawaii on Ovation. Really pleased as we had a 12 night Hawaii Ovation cruise cancelled back in May 2020 before L&S was even an option 😁 Thanks to everyone who recommended to keep trying and supplied phone numbers and names - really appreciated x

• Thanks 1

I still have not received the email canceling our Sept Holy Land cruise.  It was paid for so going to take the FCC and pay off 2 cruises booked for next year.  Our TA has not received any notice either.  It does say canceled on our RC page, but no option to get the FCC or F OBC yet.  

Anyone else still waiting for notice?

5 hours ago, gmerick said:

Interesting idea, Israel is unique in it's residency laws.  

Could a person from the US leverage Israel's "Law of Return" to gain residency, and book sailing on an early sailing of Odyssey?

My boss, who has duel citizenship with Israel and USA, says lots of things required to pull this off. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 6:35 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Just saw the detail on another thread. Any sailing +/- 1 day in length, any ship med cruise. 

2EF58CDA-9360-40BC-93CC-A4BB8384A7B4.jpeg

Oct 19, 2021 9 Nts Odyssey Lift & Shifted to May 7, 2022 Odyssey. Oct 28, 2021 14Nts TA Odyssey Lift & Shifted to Sept 4, 2022 14 Nts Arctic Crossing. RCI only bring forward the existing OBC but NOT giving the special inaugural U$100 OBC for the Lift & Shifted cruises. Do I misunderstand something or anyone can share if they got this special inaugural U$100 OBC for the Lift & Shifted cruise successfully? Thanks for your inputs.

13 minutes ago, hellopuppies said:

Oct 19, 2021 9 Nts Odyssey Lift & Shifted to May 7, 2022 Odyssey. Oct 28, 2021 14Nts TA Odyssey Lift & Shifted to Sept 4, 2022 14 Nts Arctic Crossing. RCI only bring forward the existing OBC but NOT giving the special inaugural U$100 OBC for the Lift & Shifted cruises. Do I misunderstand something or anyone can share if they got this special inaugural U$100 OBC for the Lift & Shifted cruise successfully? Thanks for your inputs.

I would call back  the $100 OBC offer should apply to lifted and shifted bookings

My Dh was showing me an online article saying 6 crew member on odyssey have tested positive this week.  Started with 2 the other day, now 6.  Article was vague but sounds like they were crew being flown in to start their quarantine and get vaccinated onboard the ship.