Vaccine Requirement News

On 4/3/2021 at 7:19 PM, jean87510 said:

I question the stupidity of someone forging a card possibly to get on a cruise.  Here's a scenario.  You get a negative covid test 72 hrs pre cruise.  You travel to the cruise and possibly get covid in those 72 hrs.  Then you are on the ship and either start showing symptoms or you are tested positive prior to disembarking for your travel home.  You now have to explain about that faked vaccine card.  Is it really worth it?  

What do you have to explain?  Just because you got the vaccine doesn't mean you can't catch covid.  So someone can be actually vaccinated and STILL get the vaccine.  So someone boards with a fake vaccination card, gets covid, and TPTB say "but you got the vaccination, this card must be fake", and you say "nope, I must have fallen into the 5% the vaccine doesn't work on."

Where's the issue? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

What do you have to explain?  Just because you got the vaccine doesn't mean you can't catch covid.  So someone can be actually vaccinated and STILL get the vaccine.  So someone boards with a fake vaccination card, gets covid, and TPTB say "but you got the vaccination, this card must be fake", and you say "nope, I must have fallen into the 5% the vaccine doesn't work on."

Where's the issue? 

They keep records of when you get vaccinated, where you get vaccinated and which vaccine including the lot#  you were injected with on which date(s).  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

They keep records of when you get vaccinated, where you get vaccinated and which vaccine including the lot#  you were injected with on which date(s).  

But "they" is tens of thousands of providers across the country.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

But "they" is tens of thousands of providers across the country.

I've been curious how this works.  You get a CDC card but the CDC doesn't know you got a vaccine?  Are they not submitting records to the CDC?

• Like 2

Happy to say I got my first shot on Saturday (Pfizer). No reaction initially, however there was some muscle soreness in my right arm for several hours on Saturday night. It was gone by yesterday morning when I got up at 6 am. So far, so good!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

They're submitting summary demographic data, but not personal info.

Remember SOMEONE is paying for the injection(s).

If it is your insurance or the government's health insurance no matter even if you pay out of pocket, ALL the information is on record.

If the information or exactly HOW MUCH of the information goes into a nationwide data base you got me. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

4 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Remember SOMEONE is paying for the injection(s).

If it is your insurance or the government's health insurance no matter even if you pay out of pocket, ALL the information is on record.

If the information or exactly HOW MUCH of the information goes into a nationwide data base you got me. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, it's on record, but not in one centralized place in a US government database.  Will it eventually?  Maybe. But that's not a simple thing to do.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

And you think RCI is going to follow up with someone (who?) to see if the card is faked vs accepting that vaccines don't prevent 100% of infections?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

And you think RCI is going to follow up with someone (who?) to see if the card is faked vs accepting that vaccines don't prevent 100% of infections?

That'd be impossible since there's no way to even know who provided the vaccine based on the vaccine card. All you can tell is what vaccine, the lot number, and the date.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

NCL submits a plan to the CDC requiring vaccinations for guests and crew.

https://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/news-releases/news-release-details/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ltd-submits-plan-cdc-and-will-be

• By requiring full and complete vaccinations of guests and crew, the Company believes it shares in the spirit and exceeds the intent of the CDC’s Conditional Sailing Order (“CSO”) to advance mutual public health goals and protect guests, crew and the communities it visits. Norwegian trusts and is optimistic the CDC will agree that mandatory vaccination requirements eliminate the need for the CSO and therefore requests for the lifting of the order for Norwegian’s vessels, allowing them to cruise from U.S. ports starting July 4. The Company looks forward to its continued partnership with the CDC in recommencing operations with 100% vaccinated guests and crew aboard and reduced capacity initially as part of a phased-in launch

curious if Royal will follow same approach or wait to see the result achieved by NCL. 

46 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've been curious how this works.  You get a CDC card but the CDC doesn't know you got a vaccine?  Are they not submitting records to the CDC?

When I got mine, each syringe had a bar code on it. Right before she gave it to me, she scanned the barcode. I had to set up an account in order to make the appointment so they had all my information. I looked at her computer and it resembled a excel spreadsheet with each line having the name and address of the person receiving the shot, their account number (which has a ss number) and then the scanned in information on the syringe.

DH and daughter had their shots at Walgreens. They also had to set up accounts. When they came in for their vaccination, they had to provide the email confirmation of the appointment and id.  I watched the pharmacist draw up the vaccine and he entered everything into the computer with my daughter's account brought up as he was drawing it up.  They also asked for her PCP so that they could send verification of vaccination to the physician.

Anyplace in my state, including the large vaccination clinics, you have to give some information in order to make the appointment.  Even if you try to walk up, you have to fill out paperwork first.

The vaccines are being tracked.

55 minutes ago, twangster said:

I know in my case in oHIo the local heath dept. gets noticified by the provider and they keep track. They report it to the State data base.  

So is this REALLY the first cruiseline that has made this proposal to the CDC? Seems like it should have been proposed  about the same day that the President said every American will have had the opportunity to receive the Covid vaccine by July 4. Its really the only logical avenue to resume cruising with a legitimate chance of success. If this is the first cruiseline to make this proposal then I don't understand all the criticism of the CDC. The cruiselines have to present their plans of operation

Just now, TheMiz said:

I know in my case in oHIo the local heath dept. gets noticified by the provider and they keep track. They report it to the State data base.  

They can't report that a specific individual got the vaccine. That'd be a HIPAA violation (unless the CDC some day says it's a public health need to report individuals, which is possible within the terms of HIPAA).  They can just report your demographics to the state.

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, it's on record, but not in one centralized place in a US government database.  Will it eventually?  Maybe. But that's not a simple thing to do.

I think Medicare has record of mine , they were bill $28.50  

1 minute ago, Stallion said:

So is this REALLY the first cruiseline that has made this proposal to the CDC? Seems like it should have been proposed  about the same day that the President said every American will have had the opportunity to receive the Covid vaccine by July 4. Its really the only logical avenue to resume cruising with a legitimate chance of success. If this is the first cruiseline to make this proposal then I don't understand all the criticism of the CDC. The cruiselines have to present their plans of operation

It's a very desperate move, since they're keying of Biden's July 4 proclamation as well as the end of the CSO as the window their plan would exist in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

They can't report that a specific individual got the vaccine. That'd be a HIPAA violation (unless the CDC some day says it's a public health need to report individuals, which is possible within the terms of HIPAA).  They can just report your demographics to the state.

The local county health dept called to get a clarifaction between my wifes shot and mine. We both went to different provides and I had the Moderna and she the Pfizer they wanted to make sure their record was correct.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It's a very desperate move, since they're keying of Biden's July 4 proclamation as well as the end of the CSO as the window their plan would exist in.

I can't say I blame the cruise lines for not responding sooner. The glacial pace at which government often moves would mean they'd constantly be in a game of catch-up, and although I know I'm only speculating, I'd say the heads of the major cruise lines were waiting to see how cases were going, as well as vaccinations, so see when the appropriate time would be to make this move. I think @smokeybanditis right on point here, they heard the President allude to July 4 and that seemed the right time for NCL to announce this.

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Did you read the papers you sign when you get the vaccine ?

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, and there was nothing that said "your name will be sent to the government"

Thanks I have to be honest I didn't read it.

Isn't the County Health dept a government office ?