Vaccine Requirement News

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Not odd at all. Medicare has its own fixed rates, much like most private insurance companies.

The amount approved is what caught my eye.  Seemed odd the second shot was approved $10.50 higher.

2 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

The amount approved is what caught my eye.  Seemed odd the second shot was approved $10.50 higher.

No that's expected. I'm not sure why the difference, but that's written into the fee schedule. Interesting though is after March 15, it was a flat $40 (give or take, based on geographic location) for each shot

https://www.cms.gov/medicare/medicare-part-b-drug-average-sales-price/covid-19-vaccines-and-monoclonal-antibodies

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The amount was increased sometime in March. You probably got you first dose before the change. 

Yes they were , the examples I posted are dated Feb 3rd and 24th Thanks to SmokeyB. for posting the current price Link 

Edited by TheMiz

A CLIA representative was asked about a vaccine requirement in the US.  They responded that they don't believe the government can mandate a vaccine so in their opinion it's not very likely a vaccine will be required to cruise, at least as a CDC/government requirement.  

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

A CLIA representative was asked about a vaccine requirement in the US.  They responded that they don't believe the government can mandate a vaccine so in their opinion it's not very likely a vaccine will be required to cruise, at least as a CDC/government requirement.  

Ok but lots of vaccines are required....to go to school, to work, etc.  Remember the German measles outbreak in colleges in the late 80s?  Oh well not sure what will happen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Ok but lots of vaccines are required....to go to school, to work, etc.  Remember the German measles outbreak in colleges in the late 80s?  Oh well not sure what will happen. 

Individual states set vaccine requirements for school children, not the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/records/schools.html

Required Vaccines for Child Care and School

CDC does not set vaccination requirements for schools or childcare centers.

Each state decides which vaccines are required for your child’s enrollment and attendance at a childcare facility or school in that state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, twangster said:

The CDC might not set it as an individual  requirement, but they could require and 80% of the vessel occupancy vaccination requirement. Or thru restrictions make it so the cruise lines don't want to deal with vaccinated customers.

Example: If the cruise contains unvaccinated adults then masks must be worn and enforcement of correct wearing of CDC approved masks in all common areas and dinning tables spaced 6 ft apart for guests that are not occupying the same state room.  The 6ft distancing requirement must also be enforced at all times, including for shows.
Or if all adults are vaccinated then cruise like it is 2019.

If you were the CEO, which guest experience would you choose?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

This has not been authorized by the FDA.  Just a rushed experiment.   Can't even say it's a vaccine.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

This has not been authorized by the FDA.  Just a rushed experiment.   Can't even say it's a vaccine.

I'm not sure how to answer.   This is a vaccine. Got both my shots.  Please stay safe and healthy 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It elicits an antibody response, that is a textbook definition of a vaccine. 

Absolutely!  I can attest to that!  My brother is a pathologist at the University of Texas.  He has had his and our whole family has except the brother who died from Covid in Florida before he could get the vaccine.  It is definitely a viable vaccine, more and more short term studies confirm the most positive efficacy.  Someone has been reading or watching the looneys!  Like the front line  Physicians group which are mostly Osteopaths.  Everyone is entitled to their personal decision to get it or not.  But it shouldn't  have urban myths attached to it.  The REAL science proves otherwise.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I'm not sure how to answer.   This is a vaccine. Got both my shots.  Please stay safe and healthy 

I know how: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized three COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use. The vaccines are: Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine.Mar 24, 2021

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sky616 said:

Oh but yes it has, maybe you don't check out the news much:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized three COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use. The vaccines are: Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine.Mar 24, 2021 from their site

You're a month late.

5 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I know how: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized three COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use. The vaccines are: Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine.Mar 24, 2021

Agree. 

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Absolutely!  I can attest to that!  My brother is a pathologist at the University of Texas.  He has had his and our whole family has except the brother who died from Covid in Florida before he could get the vaccine.  It is definitely a viable vaccine, more and more short term studies confirm the most positive efficacy.  Someone has been reading or watching the looneys!  Like the front line  Physicians group which are mostly Osteopaths.  Everyone is entitled to their personal decision to get it or not.  But it shouldn't  have urban myths attached to it.  The REAL science proves otherwise.

My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your brother. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your brother. 

Thank you so much!  After the shock of that, we all decided to get the vaccine.  He was in the comorbidity group so it should've been expected but when you get that call, it's still devastating.  It took exactly 12 hours from the time he called saying he had difficulty breathing until he died of Pulmonary Embolism, a direct result of Covid.  He was in hospital by 11:00pm and died at 1:47AM the next morning.  THey only treated him for 3 hrs...so it can be very quick.  My advice, take the vaccine, it's much less risky than getting the disease!  And read up on Covid Myths online.  Most of what I'm hearing people say is just that...myth.  Like the poster who said FDA has not yet approved it. That is nonsense from their own site they approved the major 3 vaccines!  People need to quit putting misinformation out there.

• Like 11

18 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Oh but yes it has, maybe you don't check out the news much:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized three COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use. The vaccines are: Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine.Mar 24, 2021 from their site

You're a month late.

Emergency use only.

The emergency being a pandemic that has literally killed millions. All three of these vaccines have gone through three phases of safety and efficacy testing, with ongoing monitoring. They are wildly effective and safe. The EUA status reflects that we did not have the time to wait the customary multiple years for formal approval. I'd love to discuss this further, but I really want to know where you got your degree in public health — as a professional journalist who has been writing about the impact of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania, I've been dealing in facts for 14 months on this issue, covering every development and reading up on the science so I can better explain it to my readers.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

Emergency use only.

Duh. There is an emergency. Stay safe. If you don't get vaccinated or have not had Covid you are a big fat target for the latest variant. The virus is surging in younger demographics because a high percentage of over 65 has been vaccinated. As the percentage of the population vaccanated or with Covid immunity rises those left without antibodies are going to be the big fat target of the virus. The virus needs to  feed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Duh. There is an emergency. Stay safe. If you don't get vaccinated or have not had Covid you are a big fat target for the latest variant. The virus is surging in younger demographics because a high percentage of over 65 has been vaccinated. As the percentage of the population vaccanated or with Covid immunity rises those left without antibodies are going to be the big fat target of the virus. The virus needs to  feed.

I'll take my chances with a virus with a 99.6% survival rate versus a experimental "vaccine" rushed to market.  I'll wait and let all  the guinea pigs get it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

I'll take my chances with a virus with a 99.6% survival rate versus a experimental "vaccine" rushed to market.  I'll wait and let all  the guinea pigs get it.

Just surviving isn't the only concern. There is associated risk of mental health issues for covid survivors.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-brain-idUSKBN2BT2ZI

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, Sky616 said:

mRNA vaccines have emergency authorization from the FDA so you are incorrect when you say "this has not been authorized by the FDA". Approval by the FDA is forthcoming.

mRNA technology has been in development for at least 10 years. Your statement of "just a rushed experiment" is not true unless you feel ten years is "rushed". Actually experiments began in the 1990's. Here, read about it........

The story of mRNA

mRNA technology most certainly is a vaccine. This is the definition of a vaccine (take a look at definition B)..........

Definition of vaccine

• Haha 2