Vaccine Requirement News

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Same as asking for medical records if you are applying for a life insurance policy.. JUST SIGN A RELEASE....

Sign Medical records release to Board a Cruise Ship? Not going happen. Besides as I stated above unknown who has these Shot records, is nothing in my Insurance or Primary Care except I told them I got it. Do have my Covid Shot Card, that I had fill out personal Info myself

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

And who exactly is going to figure out the card is forged?  Let's say, for the sake of argument...

A) Person A has a faked immunization card (which is not really hard to do).

B) Person A uses that fake card to:

• Go on a cruise
  • Attend a ballgame
  • Go to college

No one is even going to do more than take a quick look at the card.  But, let's say Person A comes down with Covid, or someone Person A was around comes down with Covid.

Do you REALLY think someone will think "hey, this card might be faked, let's start tracking down the information (that may or may not be available)!"  Or will they think "Person A fell in the 5% of people who the vaccine doesn't work for."?

Again, just because you get the vaccine does NOT mean you won't get Covid.  It reduces the possibility (but not to 0) and reduces severity.  Doesn't mean you can't get it and test positive. 

The Tiberius database tracks down to the zipcode where all the vaccines are.  It doesn't take much to look up the number on your card to see if 1) it is even a valid lot number and 2) Whether that vaccine was in the vicinity of where you live.  

And actually, data coming out of Israel is showing that the Pfizer vaccine is preventing disease.  So, as real time efficacy numbers are adjusted, it is going to be suspect if you come down with symptomatic disease after being vaccinated.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

So IF they have a fake vaccination card, you think when questioned, they're going to say "nope, never had the vaccine"?  

OK.  Good luck with that.  

Since the FBI has already issued a special alert on fraudulent vaccination cards,  the better question is whether a passenger is likely to lie to an FBI agent--which would be a separate, independent felony.

https://www.ic3.gov/Media/Y2021/PSA210330

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I guess some states do roll up that data.

That should be of concern to anyone in those states.

Here is a list of states that have IIS (Immunization Information Systems) and how to access your vaccine records. Most states do track your vaccines.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html

The federal government will not mandate the use of vaccine passports for travelers or businesses post-pandemic, President Biden's chief medical adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci, told the Politico Dispatch podcast Monday.

Looks like the vaccination issue can be put to bed. Good.

I bet the cruise lines are happy about this also.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The federal government will not mandate the use of vaccine passports for travelers or businesses post-pandemic, President Biden's chief medical adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci, told the Politico Dispatch podcast Monday.

The above statement, and cruise lines mandating vaccines, have nothing to do with one another. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

How is it put to bed? Just because, as of right now, there are no plans for a federal mandate, that doesn't mean that individual businesses like cruise lines can't make their own decisions. Much like masks. There is no federal mandate on masks, but individual states and down to individual businesses can decide for themselves whether masks will be required or not.

A bar in Denver (Bar Max) is one of the first businesses to require proof of vaccine.  

Edited by cured

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Me. You. Anyone else that's paid American taxes.

Someone got paid for giving the injection. Their labor was not free. They have a job, they are not volunteers. There is also the cost of running the vaccination site. That person or their employer got reimbursed out of federal funds. To get reimbursed they send your name and info to the state which collects the payment from federal funding.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Someone got paid for giving the injection. Their labor was not free. They have a job, they are not volunteers. There is also the cost of running the vaccination site. That person or their employer got reimbursed out of federal funds. To get reimbursed they send your name and info to the state which collects the payment from federal funding.

Medicare first quarter statements are coming out , it shows the amount for each vaccine etc.

Just now, TheMiz said:

Medicare first quarter statements are coming out , it shows the amount for each vaccine etc.

So how does Medicare know i got my shot?  No one asked for insurance info.  We got our shots through our municipal government. They have our name and dob maybe address (can't recall),  but no insurance.   Medicare is not efficient enough to figure it out without more info.

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

So how does Medicare know i got my shot?  No one asked for insurance info.  We got our shots through our municipal government. They have our name and dob maybe address (can't recall),  but no insurance.   Medicare is not efficient enough to figure it out without more info.

Can't answer that.  I see it is different than in oHIo   

1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

Can't answer that.  I see it is different than in oHIo   

And what about those like my kids who are not old enough for Medicare.  I assume if you get it through a government site, no insurance but if you get it at pharmacy then they probably ask for insurance info.

Just now, njkruzer said:

And what about those like my kids who are not old enough for Medicare.  I assume if you get it through a government site, no insurance but if you get it at pharmacy then they probably ask for insurance info.

I asked my kids yesterday both are nurses and both had to show they insurance card.

I don't know how things are handled in your state.    

In oHIo the providers are charging anywhere from $18.50 to now what I see is $30

2 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

While the vaccine is free, there is another fee for administering them.  It is charged to your insurance.  But if you don’t provide insurance info, the govt pays for it

Yes that is correct . No out of pocket money 

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

NCL just set itself up as the "cruise lines that hates families" with that proposal.

I see it differently........NCL set itself up as the cruise line that is doing everything possible to provide a safe environment for their crew and passengers.

This is the only way to go to get this cruise industry sailing again. Give the cruise lines some slack to do everything in their power to keep Covid off their ships.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

If you did not give you medicare or other insurance card then it is being paid directly out of federal covid funds. 

Just now, Charles4515 said:

If you did not give you medicare or other insurance card then it is being paid directly out of federal covid funds. 

That's what I figure.  They made the process very simple.  Made our appointment online for 1st shot.  Showed up at the civic center.  Had our temperature taken, checked in, followed signs to pu our clipboards to complete our medical info, went to the entrance for shots, sent to a nurse, got our shots, went to waiting area, then home.  I had to wait 30 minutes because of allergies.   On our way home less than 1 hour after arriving.   2nd shot about the same.