Vaccine Requirement News

24 minutes ago, crazyank said:

We have family in the UK and travel there frequently. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about why vaccine passport won't be allowed.  Several EU countries are already considering requiring such passports for entry.

There's a big push back in parliament against compulsory passports. 

Boris is making an announcement on Monday, but it looks like it will be in favour of some kind of programme. So who knows 🤷‍♀️, we'll find out more on Monday 

BBC News - Coronavirus: Dozens of MPs criticise 'divisive' Covid passports
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56605598

On 4/2/2021 at 7:32 AM, sgmn said:

Here in UK we are given a credit card size piece of card with type of vaccine on it, batch number and date, space for name but not filled in. 

There were two people at each station, one giving the jab and one inputting info into a computer. 

The card has space for details of second vaccine but not boosters. 

Lots of debate about if vaccine passports should be allowed. My thoughts are that they won't be, though airlines may be allowed to ask for proof. 

In Scotland we haven't been given any card or proof of jab so far.  I've only heard of this happening in England, unsure about Wales and Northern Ireland.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Boris is making an announcement on Monday, but it looks like it will be in favour of some kind of programme. So who knows 🤷‍♀️, we'll find out more on Monday 

Thanks for the quick answer. 

8 hours ago, LeeRB said:

That ‘we will be releasing guidance soon’, is a top 10 tune on the government golden oldies list. I saw the article that came out on Travel World yesterday (Apr 1st), and saw what the Miami-Dade Mayor said; I  also saw the story that came out today (Apr 2nd) that seemed to contradict what she said. I have heard different renditions of that song about different things for at least 50 years, and I think I have been hearing the latest version being sung by the CDC from sometime late last fall or maybe a little before last Christmas. It also reinforces my belief that the CDC really isn’t the least bit interested in cruising starting up again in the US anytime in the foreseeable future. It also appears that some of the major cruise lines have come to the same conclusion; voted with their feet and decided to bypass the CDC and other US Government agencies by “homeporting” some of their ships in places like Nassau or St Maarten and possibly other ports (I have seen where Bermuda and maybe Cozumel are being mentioned as well) where CDC mandates and US regulations mean little to nothing.

I still remember several things my daddy used to say, when I was growing up, many years ago when he was talking about politicians, political appointees or the government in general,  I have heard him say “Getting the government to do anything is like mating elephants; it done at a high level, with a lot of roaring and screaming, takes 24 months to get any results and there was no guarantee a result will come out of it.”;  another was “The way to tell if a politician or government official is lying to you was to look to see if their lips were moving.” and maybe the most important one was “Politicians don’t show much interest in anything until it may impact their possibility of getting re-elected. Then they stick their finger in the air, see which way the wind is blowing and reacts accordingly.”

Just a few random thoughts.

The CDC is moving incrementaly. The technical update provides guidelines for the ports. Reading between the lines not mandating the port workers be vaccinated is not going to fly. If the workers are not to be vaccinated then the port possibly won't be able to be a homeport.

As for moving to non US homeports, that is public relations. Nassau, St. Maartin, and Bermuda don't have the capacity for many ships. The sailing out of Bermuda will be at 50% capacity and the ship will make a technical stop in the Bahamas for provisions and fuel. Notice that only the Royal Caribbean Group is doing this. Carnival and brands, and NCL holdings have not. Only a dribble of ships are bypassing the CDC because it is not a generally viable option. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

I believe that the objections are to do with requiring vaccine passports for domestic use, pubs, theatres etc, not for international travel where it may be a requirement of the receiving country.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 12:06 PM, Annefran said:

FYI, do not laminate your vaccination card.  You may have to use it going forward for booster vaccines. I purchased plastic holders for my card from Walmart but I believe Amazon also sells them.  Just google:  Premium Card Protector (3x4 in) for CDC Immunization Record.   That's how I found it.  Not sure CC will allow me to post the link or not?

I believe there will be new/additional cards...there's only room for a couple boosters anyway...be lucky if it lasts into summer of '22.

Edited by bucfan2

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

I believe that the objections are to do with requiring vaccine passports for domestic use, pubs, theatres etc, not for international travel where it may be a requirement of the receiving country.

Actually little both in Country events and Travel Domestic/International. Even W.H.O is pushing back. As of now don't see happening in US for sure

16 hours ago, crazyank said:

We have family in the UK and travel there frequently. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about why vaccine passport won't be allowed.  Several EU countries are already considering requiring such passports for entry.

They wrote my name and DW's on our cards. The UK prime minister us making an announcement tomorrow. It looks like trial certificates for a few major domestic events may be required. Vaccine passports for international travel are still being discussed. EU and individual countries and Airlines may require them. If so, they will happen.

Edited by zap99

2 hours ago, gqboy1 said:

I don't see how these cards cannot be easily forged.  They need to come up with a better system (something similar to a passport scan, biometric, etc......).

I question the stupidity of someone forging a card possibly to get on a cruise.  Here's a scenario.  You get a negative covid test 72 hrs pre cruise.  You travel to the cruise and possibly get covid in those 72 hrs.  Then you are on the ship and either start showing symptoms or you are tested positive prior to disembarking for your travel home.  You now have to explain about that faked vaccine card.  Is it really worth it?  

11 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I question the stupidity of someone forging a card possibly to get on a cruise.  Here's a scenario.  You get a negative covid test 72 hrs pre cruise.  You travel to the cruise and possibly get covid in those 72 hrs.  Then you are on the ship and either start showing symptoms or you are tested positive prior to disembarking for your travel home.  You now have to explain about that faked vaccine card.  Is it really worth it?  

N.Y. issues what they call an Excelsior pass.

It has a complex type of QR scan code that has all your vaccine information and can only be issued after you answer several specific questions concerning your vaccination history and must be presented with govt. issued photo id.

It must be renewed every 30 days.

excelsior_pass_32621_2.jpg

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

It has a complex type of QR scan code that has all your vaccine information and can only be issued after you answer several specific questions concerning your vaccination history and must be presented with govt. issued photo id.

i like that!  Hopefully Murphy copies this as he seems to follow NY lead a lot.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

That’s interesting !  Thanks

Edited by BSocial
Typo

40 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I like this , but wish it would be good for 90 days .

Hope we get something like this in oHIo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Will happen. Like everything else, DL, BC, SS# this will also be Forged only Vaccine card is easier to do. IF a Vaccine Passport required, many able travel w/o Vaccines anyway, Forge, for Medical, Adverse reactions, and Kids. Still as said in the US for Flights, Movie, Events, not going happen...

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

According to the "experts" you can still get covid anyway so good luck if you test positive and have to sit in a room for 10 days waiting to get back to the U.S. That is why they tell you to still wear a mask. Of course if masks were "effective" we wouldn't be getting all these positive tests with 99.99% mask compliance. You can also test positive with zero symptoms. Good luck!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

According to the "experts" you can still get covid anyway so good luck if you test positive and have to sit in a room for 10 days waiting to get back to the U.S. That is why they tell you to still wear a mask. Of course if masks were "effective" we wouldn't be getting all these positive tests with 99.99% mask compliance. You can also test positive with zero symptoms. Good luck!

i don't know what this has to do with faking a vaccine card but whatever.

42 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Will happen. Like everything else, DL, BC, SS# this will also be Forged only Vaccine card is easier to do. IF a Vaccine Passport required, many able travel w/o Vaccines anyway, Forge, for Medical, Adverse reactions, and Kids. Still as said in the US for Flights, Movie, Events, not going happen...

I personally think its easier to just get the vaccines.  Too much of a pain in the ass to try to pull off fake cards... But that's me.  If it came down to the bottom line, Id do something else for a vacation.  It simply is not worth the aggravation.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I personally think its easier to just get the vaccines.  Too much of a pain in the ass to try to pull off fake cards... But that's me.  If it came down to the bottom line, Id do something else for a vacation.  It simply is not worth the aggravation.  

Exactly - I have an Oasis L&S cruise for the end of November and if it sails I will probably go because I have a NRD, but it may be my last cruise - if it turns out to be more trouble than it's worth.

On 4/3/2021 at 7:19 PM, jean87510 said:

Probably worth it to people who are against vaccines but love cruising....

• Like 1

NCL submits a plan to the CDC requiring vaccinations for guests and crew.

https://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/news-releases/news-release-details/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ltd-submits-plan-cdc-and-will-be

• By requiring full and complete vaccinations of guests and crew, the Company believes it shares in the spirit and exceeds the intent of the CDC’s Conditional Sailing Order (“CSO”) to advance mutual public health goals and protect guests, crew and the communities it visits. Norwegian trusts and is optimistic the CDC will agree that mandatory vaccination requirements eliminate the need for the CSO and therefore requests for the lifting of the order for Norwegian’s vessels, allowing them to cruise from U.S. ports starting July 4. The Company looks forward to its continued partnership with the CDC in recommencing operations with 100% vaccinated guests and crew aboard and reduced capacity initially as part of a phased-in launch
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2021 at 8:47 PM, ONECRUISER said:

And if a standardized "PASSPORT" or one that is easily verified with a scan is used, the passengers attempting to board should be refused boarding with NO REFUND OF THE ENTIRE CRUISE PAYMENT.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

NCL submits a plan to the CDC requiring vaccinations for guests and crew.

https://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/news-releases/news-release-details/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ltd-submits-plan-cdc-and-will-be

• By requiring full and complete vaccinations of guests and crew, the Company believes it shares in the spirit and exceeds the intent of the CDC’s Conditional Sailing Order (“CSO”) to advance mutual public health goals and protect guests, crew and the communities it visits. Norwegian trusts and is optimistic the CDC will agree that mandatory vaccination requirements eliminate the need for the CSO and therefore requests for the lifting of the order for Norwegian’s vessels, allowing them to cruise from U.S. ports starting July 4. The Company looks forward to its continued partnership with the CDC in recommencing operations with 100% vaccinated guests and crew aboard and reduced capacity initially as part of a phased-in launch

If the C.D.C. accepts this proposal ships like the ANTHEM that will already be sailing can simply move to their current planned sailings out of New Jersey in October with very little if any problems as long as NEW JERSEY decides to open up the Cape Liberty port.

Edited by boscobeans
correction