CDC New Guidance For Vaccinated People

coffeebean

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Took an elderly (80-ish) neighbor to get his shot last week.  While I didn't qualify for mine, the vaccine site said since I provided transport for my neighbor, they'd give me my first shot, too.  And, they scheduled me (and my neighbor) for the 2nd shot.  They were using Pfizer.

Same thing happened to me when I brought my 84 yr old mom to the vaccination site for her 2nd shot. A staffer came up to me and asked if I wanted to get mu 1st shot also. I think that since I told them that I lived right around the corner from my mom (and drove her to the vaccination site, like you did with your elderly neighbor), they basically considered me an elderly "care giver" which qualified me for the vaccine early. Our vaccination site is using the Moderna vaccine. I was thankful to be able to get the 1st shot of the vaccine way before I thought I would be able to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Humm, you might want to look into what data Florida makes available, it appears they have prioritized wealthy communities that have donated to the governors election committees.

The data I linked was straight from the CDC. And, I thought we were to leave the politics out of it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Not sure where you got this from, but it's totally false.  The CDC, WHO, AMA, and a whole host of other accredited health organizations have stated unequivocally that masks do indeed slow the spread of COVID.

Well then @graphicguy, maybe you should have read my post more closely.  I provided the links for both of the statements I quoted, and they both trace directly to statements and study conclusions that ORIGINATED in the CDC quite recently.  So if you trust what the CDC says, you must have some other scientific data to dispute the CDC's own findings.  I invite you to post that information AND the direct sources of that data as to why you feel "it's totally false."  I doubt that you can.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Same thing happened to me when I brought my 84 yr old mom to the vaccination site for her 2nd shot. A staffer came up to me and asked if I wanted to get mu 1st shot also. I think that since I told them that I lived right around the corner from my mom (and drove her to the vaccination site, like you did with your elderly neighbor), they basically considered me an elderly "care giver" which qualified me for the vaccine early. Our vaccination site is using the Moderna vaccine. I was thankful to be able to get the 1st shot of the vaccine way before I thought I would be able to.

Hmm, maybe I should offer to take my wife to her 1st appointment since she's ahead of me in terms of priority. I might just get lucky and get my vaccine early!

• Like 2

Was checking the CDC Stats on the virus numbers as a whole for US today, yes MANY have died but amounts to .01.5%, but recovery rate. was 98.5%. Factor in all the people that had it and were not diagnosed and were asymptomatic, plus vaccinated people and we are well on the way to herd immunity. It makes no sense to continue with CDC not approving at least the test cruising.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Hmm, maybe I should offer to take my wife to her 1st appointment since she's ahead of me in terms of priority. I might just get lucky and get my vaccine early!

Yes, it's possible that they might ask if you want to get your 1st shot also, while you're there with your wife. A staffer at the vaccination site I went to said that there was only a 6 hr window before the vaccine goes bad, so they definitely want to get the shots into arms before the vaccine expires. Probably another reason I got asked if I wanted the vaccine shot. I think the bigger reason though was the age of my mother (84) and the fact that she has underlying health conditions and they considered me her "care giver" since I drove her to the vaccination site and I live right around the corner from her, so I do indeed provide care for her on a daily basis. Good luck, I hope you do get asked if you want the vaccination while you are there with your wife. I'm 1/2 way to being fully vaccinated and 1 step closer to cruising!

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Was checking the CDC Stats on the virus numbers as a whole for US today, yes MANY have died but amounts to .01.5%, but recovery rate. was 98.5%. Factor in all the people that had it and were not diagnosed and were asymptomatic, plus vaccinated people and we are well on the way to herd immunity. It makes no sense to continue with CDC not approving at least the test cruising.

If someone gave you a bowl of 100 skittles and told you one was poisonous, would you eat any of those skittles?

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

If someone gave you a bowl of 100 skittles and told you one was poisonous, would you eat any of those skittles?

What a ridiculous comment. 1% of anything is small in the scheme of things. Use the same reasoning with car accidents, will you stop driving when the chances of NOT having an accident is 99%

Edited by sugcarol

3 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

What a ridiculous comment. 1% of anything is small in the scheme of things. Use the same reasoning with car accidents, will you stop driving when the chances of NOT having an accident is 99%

Far fewer than 1 in 100 car trips result in an accident. Probably fewer than 1 in 100 car accidents result in a fatality...

Someone gave me a bowl of skittles with a poisonous one?  Only a friend would give me a bowl of skittles.  I wonder which friend, because that would tell me what kind of poison and quantity is in that one skittle?

So, 2.98% of poisonings in 2018 resulted in death.  And there's a 1% chance of picking the poisonous skittle.  Therefore 0.0298 X 0.01 = 0.000298, which is about three one-hundredths of a percent chance of dying, assuming the poison is of average quantity and effectiveness.

I'm OK with playing long odds, but can't really answer your question without knowing which one of my friends gave me this bowl of skittles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Not sure where you got this from, but it's totally false.  The CDC, WHO, AMA, and a whole host of other accredited health organizations have stated unequivocally that masks do indeed slow the spread of COVID.

I thought we were supposed to follow the science.  Aren't these studies 'science'?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, graphicguy said:

The CDC has said it is around 1.32% better with a mask.  You can't make this up..yet they still ride the mask horse into the ground.  

https://techstartups.com/2021/03/08/new-cdc-report-shows-mask-mandates-lowered-covid-19-cases-deaths-1-32-first-100-days-mask-policy-implemented/

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Where in the world are you seeing 1 out of 100 people dying due to Covid?  The odds are nothing near that...I suppose I'm trying to figure out what 1 out of 100 has do with with anything here.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

The CDC has said it is around 1.32% better with a mask.  You can't make this up..yet they still ride the mask horse into the ground.  

https://techstartups.com/2021/03/08/new-cdc-report-shows-mask-mandates-lowered-covid-19-cases-deaths-1-32-first-100-days-mask-policy-implemented/

Precisely @PTC DAWG.  This is the background CDC report that my citations referenced and which concludes "After analyzing the county-by-county data, the CDC concludes that mask mandates were associated with an average 1.32% decrease in the growth rates of COVID-19 cases and deaths during the first 100 days after the mask policy was implemented."

I also note that your citation concludes "The latest CDC report would have been labeled fake news or misinformation [as @graphicguy did] if it had been written by someone else other than the CDC."  I further note that since I offered him the opportunity to post a rebuttal, we've only heard...

Crickets.gif

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Where in the world are you seeing 1 out of 100 people dying due to Covid?  The odds are nothing near that...I suppose I'm trying to figure out what 1 out of 100 has do with with anything here.  

The post I had quoted when I replied was siting a 1.5% fatality rate and a 98.5 recovery rate from COVID-19. So that's where I was getting the 1 out of 100 from.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

No, the CDC did not say it is 1.32% better with a mask.  The 1.32% was only a reflection of a mask MANDATE.  States can mandate all they want, but if people refuse to wear a mask or properly wear a mask (over their nose) or attend mask-less super spreader events you'll get minuscule improvements like 1.32% effectiveness.  We have no idea how effective properly worn masks would be in slowing covid.   

• Like 4

18 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Not ridiculous at all. 1% is 1% no matter you look at it. My answer....no way in hell!

18 hours ago, moto_italia said:

Someone gave me a bowl of skittles with a poisonous one?  Only a friend would give me a bowl of skittles.  I wonder which friend, because that would tell me what kind of poison and quantity is in that one skittle?

So, 2.98% of poisonings in 2018 resulted in death.  And there's a 1% chance of picking the poisonous skittle.  Therefore 0.0298 X 0.01 = 0.000298, which is about three one-hundredths of a percent chance of dying, assuming the poison is of average quantity and effectiveness.

I'm OK with playing long odds, but can't really answer your question without knowing which one of my friends gave me this bowl of skittles.

ROTFLMAO

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I would bet money many people who were mandated to wear masks wore them incorrectly covering only their mouth. Then there are the masks with the one way valves which work only to allow the wearer to breath filtered air but allow the wearer to expel unfiltered breath meaning breath with virus if that person was an asymptomatic carrier.

Then there are those who wear neck gators which have been found to be worse than no mask at all, even with multiple cloth layers. I saw a segment on the Today Show months ago informing us about neck gators being bad for source control. The reason is because neck gators split droplets thereby turning droplets into aerosols which are more dangerous than droplets.

Then there are also those who did not wear masks at all, even though they were/are mandated. I didn't even know this was happening in mask mandated states until I read that this was happening from a personal experience from one of the posters on Cruise Critic. He/she lives in a state that has a mask mandate and that person claims that at least 50% of people out and about do not wear masks.

There are numerous reasons why those mask mandates didn't work as expected. The main reason is non compliance and that is the sad part about this whole mess. Any way people can trick f&*k the system was all tried, I have no doubt.

This all IMHO, of course.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, mianmike said:

No, the CDC did not say it is 1.32% better with a mask.  The 1.32% was only a reflection of a mask MANDATE.  States can mandate all they want, but if people refuse to wear a mask or properly wear a mask (over their nose) or attend mask-less super spreader events you'll get minuscule improvements like 1.32% effectiveness.  We have no idea how effective properly worn masks would be in slowing covid.   

Yup. That's what I just said too.

Governor Brian Kemp just announced this at 2:00 PM today:

Beginning March 15, 2021, the following populations will be eligible for COVID vaccination in Georgia:

• Adults aged 55 and over
  • Individuals with disabilities
  • Individuals aged 16 years and older with certain medical conditions that increase their risk of severe illness from COVID-19. Note: Pfizer is the only COVID vaccine currently approved for children aged 16 and older. Conditions include: 
    • Asthma 
    • Cancer
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Chronic Kidney Disease 
    • COPD
    • Cystic Fibrosis
    • Diabetes
    • Hypertension 
    • Heart Conditions
    • Immunocompromised State
    • Liver Disease
    • Neurologic Conditions