Specialty Restaurants - Allure

abpplh

Hi All!  

We are booked on Allure for Dec 23-30th.  Never been on an Oasis class ship.  Want to book a specialty restaurant for dinner one night - 2 adults and an 11 yr old.  If you had to pick ONE, which would you pick?

Just now, abpplh said:

Hi All!  

We are booked on Allure for Dec 23-30th.  Never been on an Oasis class ship.  Want to book a specialty restaurant for dinner one night - 2 adults and an 11 yr old.  If you had to pick ONE, which would you pick?

Hibachi.  Great show and good food.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, abpplh said:

Hi All!  

150 Central Park would definitely be our choice.

Chops Grille our alternative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abpplh said:

Hi All!  

Not telling you!  I am not taking the rap  ask your other half or pull a name out of a hat then blame the hat 🤣🤣

Often overlooked is the Samba Grill...  Brazillian Steakhouse.   Great freaking meat, an amazing salad bar, and they will get anything your kids want from another kitchen on the ship.   We went on lobster night in the main dining room and our waiter brought up 2 trays of lobster tail for our table.... and and a big platter of chicken tenders and fries for the kids.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For an 11 year old?

Why not?

We always dine in there and I’m sure with your knowledge you must know they offer smaller child portions and an excellent children’s menu for $10.00

We’ve had fabulous meals in there and seen many others with there children and grandchildren.

If you were doing a date night, sans 11 year old, 150 would be the place to go.  With the 11 year old, Hibachi would be a good choice.

If you all are steak lovers, Chops is great!  My granddaughter's fav on the ship is Chops and if it were up to her, she'd eat there 5 out of  7 nights and the other two would be Hibachi and Giovanni's.

13 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Hibachi?

With an 11 year old?

Really.

Why would you have a problem bringing an 11 year old to hibachi? We've been bringing our kids since they were out of a booster seat. If anything, its way a better option since they are entertained while the food is prepared. Bring them to a stuffy, quiet environment and even the best behaved kids get stir crazy, bored and start looking for mischief. 

Edited by MiniChunks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Samba Grill is the best!!  Only on Radiance and Allure so every time I’m on either ship, I make sure to eat at Samba Grill.

An 11 year old would really enjoy Hibachi in Izumi.  The chef will pay a lot of attention to him/her and really put on a great show.

• Like 3

I loved Samba Grill when Allure first came out.  They would decorate the restaurant with table cloths and chair covers and they had entertainment (Brazilian "Carnivale" dancers).  I was so very disappointed when we went back a few years ago.  They don't even try and spruce the place up anymore.  I'm not a huge red meat eater so I don't particularly enjoy the food but I did enjoy going early on when they had the entertainment.  Now....no way.