UK staycation cruise details launched

Adam Coulter

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh well, here we go again🙄 I could have saved my breath( well my fingers)

Have a happy and peaceful weekend Princess cruisers😇

Avril

All together now .... GrimHappyHarrierhawk-max-1mb.gif.e7c75a9c8481fa84b5315b27627cb4a4.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes I had a look as well. There are some fairly vitriolic posts.

I can perfectly see why the younger, yet to vaccinated would be put out at being excluded for the moment but the reactions from some are pretty extreme. 

Like you if this was my first time looking at P&O I would not want to travel with some of these contentious and extremely self opinionated individuals.

I think P&O’s PR has been a bit of a shambles with this and I admit we were disappointed. However, I really hope these cruises are successful. I’m keeping everything crossed as it’s the first step to normal cruising resuming. We will be going to Hythe and Calshott to watch some of these go off and we’ll be waving to the lucky ones on them.

• Like 6

Keep banging your head 😄

Final word , promise, I expect my posts to get deleted.

Anyway for all the doubting Thomas's please read the Cruise Industry News online. There are quotes from the Vice Pres, Princess UK, Tony Robert's. To paraphrase "All guests will have the opportunity to make their cruise AI if they wish at a cost of £30 per day by selecting the Princess Plus Fare" note the word "selecting" 

Sorry I have I have gone on but I know when I am right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Keep banging your head 😄

Final word , promise, I expect my posts to get deleted.

Anyway for all the doubting Thomas's please read the Cruise Industry News online. There are quotes from the Vice Pres, Princess UK, Tony Robert's. To paraphrase "All guests will have the opportunity to make their cruise AI if they wish at a cost of £30 per day by selecting the Princess Plus Fare" note the word "selecting" 

Sorry I have I have gone on but I know when I am right.

Sorry to correct you, but I've just looked at Cruise Industry News online and Tony Roberts didn't say that. His quote ended with: "...where guests can visit the historic UK cities of Liverpool, Belfast and Glasgow." (See the end quotation marks). It then went on - without quotation marks - to mention that all guests can select to make their cruise all inclusive. So that part was written by Cruise Industry News; it was never said by Tony Roberts. So, if no-one from Princess has actually said or confirmed this, it is still up in the air on whether you can or cannot remove the all inclusive option. On another note, why do you feel the need to prove yourself right all the time? Can't we all just wait until we can actually book and find out then? What is with all this "I know when I am right" malarkey? Just let it go man!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cloud_nine said:

Yes...by the cruise line. Not by the passenger. That is standard practice for cruise terms and conditions so that if THEY want to change it they can. Hence why they then go on to say that offers can be changed or withdrawn at any time. At least, that's how I read it. Terms and conditions are always all about protecting themselves. 

Thank you! T&Cs are always about covering the cruise line, not giving passengers different options.

14 hours ago, ann141 said:

I agree that the Princess onboard experience is likely to be better particularly being in a balcony cabin and including drinks etc but we mainly cruise for the Itinerary and although its mainly Belfast I want to visit, we have never been to Falmouth so that would be good.Also for us Liverpool is much closer as a port than Southampton.Decisions, decisions...

Fair enough, Southampton is nearer for me. My last cruise was a Princess cruise and I came back saying I prefer P&O but I like the fact that there are more stops on the Princess ones. It’s a mute point really as I don’t think we’re doing any cruise this year but I do like looking!

If I hadn’t already booked the Lakes holiday I would have looked more seriously at those cruises.

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Fair enough, Southampton is nearer for me. My last cruise was a Princess cruise and I came back saying I prefer P&O but I like the fact that there are more stops on the Princess ones. It’s a mute point really as I don’t think we’re doing any cruise this year but I do like looking!

If I hadn’t already booked the Lakes holiday I would have looked more seriously at those cruises.

Hope you have a fab holiday in the lakes

Out of interest, why do you prefer P&O? We’ve never cruised with Princess but often think about it so would be really interesting to hear your opinions 🙂 

4 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

The keyboard warriors win !

If your happy with what you have read Bob , let others think what they want,does it 

matter ? looks like your both never going to agree ,life's too short mate .:classic_smile:

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I'd be interested to know why you prefer P&O as well, because we think Princess is a step up in quality over P&O. 

11 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Out of interest, why do you prefer P&O? We’ve never cruised with Princess but often think about it so would be really interesting to hear your opinions 🙂 

They are very similar, but unless you get a good AI deal on Princess then your drinks and gratuity bill will be way in excess of what you would pay on P&O.

Princess has a lot of UK  staff, and the food standard Is very similar, if sailing from the UK the entertainment will be very similar to P&O, elsewhere it's likely to have a far more American influence, however the service standards, especially on the customer service desks, will be far higher on Princess. 

All comments based only on my experience.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

The keyboard warriors win !

They do Bob. It's unfortunate that some can't distinguish between a debate and an argument or find the need to be confrontational if personal therories are questioned. As Kalos said, lifes too short. 

Avril

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

They do Bob. It's unfortunate that some can't distinguish between a debate and an argument or find the need to be confrontational if personal therories are questioned. As Kalos said, lifes too short. 

Avril

You're right. I shouldn't allow myself to be drawn into argument. I was initially trying to let people know there were options and it just went silly. Let them believe what they want. I couldn't care less now

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Looking back we did enjoy it but it was only a week and it took us a while to relax into it.

We had a ‘soda’ package and no one really explained it to us even though I asked several times. I just wished I hadn’t bothered with it as most of the drinks I had didn’t seem to be included!

The dinners in the MDR went on for ages and we had to really rush to get to entertainment or miss it. 6th night we went to the buffet for our evening meal ( which we never did on P&O) and we had a good meal and think we’d do that again on Princess.

A special guest on a sea day was only on once so we missed her as we’d already booked and paid for a wine tasting and they clashed. On P&O she would have been on again.

P&O had just got rid of their gratuity charge and Princess still charge. Shuttle prices were charged for when I knew they would have been free on P&O. 

In the MDR we were always on those horrible tables for two that are very close to other people. So we booked for Sabatini’s- and we put on a table really close to a party of 6!! We’d gone there to just be on our own .

Just little things really but I was frustrated at times, especially with the soda package as it had changed since I pre booked it.

I would go again and there were some great entertainment like the champagne waterfall and the balloon drop. I did find myself thinking what a waste of champagne it was and what a mess the balloons made when they were popped!

I sound really miserable 😆 I’m really not!

Sadly we haven’t been on a cruise ship since 😢

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I know Pete. I cannot understand why so much chatter about Princess on P&O forum! 🤣

I think because many of us on here cruise on both lines,  and therefore it is always interesting to learn about how others feel about the similarities and differences between the two. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hope you enjoy your Lakes holiday.Its a lovely part of the UK and we had our honeymoon there 41 years ago next week.

I prefer Princess and P and O to Fred (We have previously sailed with Princess on 3 occasions and done 2 mini cruises with Fred)but we have decided to go with Fred Olsen because of itinerary and Liverpool being a closer port.If it was a longer cruise we probably would have opted for Princess.We like Princess and P and O equally -I like the free ice cream on Princess!! and do feel it is slightly more upmarket than P and O but I like the fact that the onboard currency is Sterling with P and O  and tips are included.Shore excursions and shuttles tend to be cheaper with P and O too. Because of our P and O cruises we are the highest loyalty tier with Princess and there are far more perks than with P and O.

• Like 4