UK staycation cruise details launched

Adam Coulter

59 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Because there is a popular belief amongst some this isn’t a P&O forum

I think I'll nip over to the Princess forum. There might be some P&O news on there with less aggravation.

Avril

• Like 12
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

That’s very similar to our view. We don’t particularly like sea days, especially in cooler climates as the ships always feel busy, but we are keen to see Iona so could be tempted by a 7 night cruise (max) if it was the proper (and very long) Norwegian Fjords such as Flaam, Olden & Geiranger. The cruise up and down the fjords is the highlight for us, but much of it is often missed due to it being early morning or evening, so if they were timed so that the transit was during the daytime we could enjoy the views from our balcony and venture out to the various select dining venues for lunches. 

This is where I think PandO are missing the trick with the coastal cruises programme.  If they were taking Iona  to Norway and going into fjords after say 10:00 and timing the exit transit appropriately, I probably would pay the £779pp for a week.  I don't really feel like paying the current asking price for a spin round the Channel Islands and what i fear may be quite a bit of anchoring off the Normandy coast.  Might have a re-think if the price drops though!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joeecco said:

I’m simply saying that people saying cruises are limited to 1000 after the roadmap has ended are getting mixed up. I’m essentially agreeing with your verdicts and saying that these cruises most likely will have more than 1k onboard. 

If they are selling balcony cabins only you can count how many balcony cabins there are on Britannia and Iona and if there are 2 in each cabin you will get a pretty good idea how many are going to be on board.

5 hours ago, davecttr said:

I wonder how they are going to deal with lift use given the large number of decks?

Is the Monday booking phone only?

Deposit?

Date of balance payment, 30 days, 90 days?

I understand it is 15% deposit.

When I queried with my TA they had been given very little information from P&O and will find out on Monday.

12 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

This is where I think PandO are missing the trick with the coastal cruises programme.  If they were taking Iona  to Norway and going into fjords after say 10:00 and timing the exit transit appropriately, I probably would pay the £779pp for a week.  I don't really feel like paying the current asking price for a spin round the Channel Islands and what i fear may be quite a bit of anchoring off the Normandy coast.  Might have a re-think if the price drops though!

Although I think that the prices are excessive, based on the fact that we have paid considerably less with P&O for a balcony cabin on a proper cruise (also, the £88.50 pppn that we paid in 2019 was Select price, with our first choice of cabin and dining, plus free parking on top, whereas the prices P&O are quoting are ‘from’ prices and Early Savers), I would be surprised if they drop the prices. The cruises are in a short time window and all those who had booked at launch would be up in arms!

Whilst these cruises aren’t for us, I can see the attraction for many of being able to go on Britannia or Iona in the summer with no kids on board and in an environment where all fellow passengers are vaccinated. It’s the pure sea day itineraries that really put us off especially as, in reality, they are not going to be scenic unlike, as you say, the fjords would be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I think I'll nip over to the Princess forum. There might be some P&O news on there with less aggravation.

Avril

Wise decision. If I ever need to find out about Celebrity, I have a look on the NCL thread.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Don't worry folks, I won't make the same mistake again, correcting a post I knew to be wrong.

I'm not criticising you bob, I was only trying to calm things down. It never fails to amaze me how the subject  of relaxing cruises can cause so much stress.  😏 😉

Avril

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Avril

Who won! 😃

When my wife gets a little upset, sometimes a simple “Calm down” in a soothing voice is

all it takes to get her to really kick off again !  :classic_ohmy: :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Avril

Who won! 😃

Me I hope🤞 There's too much antagonism in the world in general and I find it unpleasant when a friendly debate is turned into an unnecessary argument. The loudest voice doesn't always have the correct answer.

Avril

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

These Princess cruises- I wonder if they stop at Liverpool and Belfast and Glasgow on the same cruise or if they are only one stop per cruise? 🤔

I was looking at a hotel in Devon for this summer and then realized it doesn't go anywhere. Unlike our hotel in Menorca. That goes to..........Menorca.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

These Princess cruises- I wonder if they stop at Liverpool and Belfast and Glasgow on the same cruise or if they are only one stop per cruise? 🤔

If you go on the Princess forum, someone has posted the entire schedule, complete with ports.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2774334-uk-short-cruises-summer-2021/

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As the P&O thread now seems to cover other lines, I am sure you will all be excited to know that Disney are doing ex UK cruises in 2022. They go on sale on 25th, but advanced booking for members of the castaway club.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

As the P&O thread now seems to cover other lines, I am sure you will all be excited to know that Disney are doing ex UK cruises in 2022. They go on sale on 25th, but advanced booking for members of the castaway club.🤣

Micky Mouse company, run by Dumbos 😇

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Boo to John! I’ve just said to him ‘how do you fancy 4 days including Belfast?’ He looked quite interested until I told him the price- miseryguts! 😃

Is it the cruise leaving 1st september? We can't decide to do that with Princess or stick with the FO cruise we booked for 5 nights that visits Belfast and Falmouth.The Princess cruise works out much cheaper and is for a balcony instead of an inside.We will make a decision over the weekend