Navigator now confirmed in California

Just now, pcur said:

I didn't want to:  I want to see the dates and prices first, and didn't want to take up her time when I wasn't interested in booking.

Thank you much for your effort!  Since I'm also D+ I may call and see what I can get.

6 minutes ago, RSS from SF said:

Thank you much for your effort!  Since I'm also D+ I may call and see what I can get.

Interesting....how can they take bookings that aren't even open until early May ? 

Let us know the outcome. I remember long ago when D+ used to get early email notifications for bookings but that seems to have been a hit or miss and disappeared long ago. Best of luck !

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Let us know the outcome.

I tried 4 times.  Here are my results:

1. D+ line:  Gone for the day.

--- Next 3 tries are from 1-866-562-7625*, listen to most of message then hit 5:

2. Jacob:
    a. Wanted to now how I knew how I found out that these sailings were available; I told him I read the press release.
    b. The sailing dates are there but the release has been delayed.
    c.  Try calling every week.

3. James:
    --  Release has been delayed; try calling the end of next week.

4. Fernando:
    a.  Release has been delayed; try calling end of April.
    b.  Any sailing dates from Los Angeles are unconfirmed and may be changed.

*Jacob told me that current hours for this line are daily 7am-2am EST. 

-- Good to know, if this is correct!

-----

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RSS from SF said:

I tried 4 times.  Here are my results:

1. D+ line:  Gone for the day.

--- Next 3 tries are from 1-866-562-7625*, listen to most of message then hit 5:

2. Jacob:
    a. Wanted to now how I knew how I found out that these sailings were available; I told him I read the press release.
    b. The sailing dates are there but the release has been delayed.
    c.  Try calling every week.

3. James:
    --  Release has been delayed; try calling the end of next week.

4. Fernando:
    --  Release has been delayed; try calling end of April.

-----

Good try !!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pcur said:

Her name was Jesse, but I was told last week that anybody in C&A customer service can help with D+.

Jesse....

Jacob....

James....

Until I spoke to rep Fernando, I thought today all reps needed to pick a name that began with "J".  😁

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I remember long ago when D+ used to get early email notifications for bookings . . . .

Princess Elites [Elite after only 15 cruises] not only get new itinerary notifications* but they can book all new releases one day before most everyone else -- including most TAs.

*On the CruiseCritic Princess forum, some members get and share new itineraries and prices on the forum at least a week before the new releases are available to book.

.... But I guess we're talking about different management and release strategies -- in addition to VERY 😮 different IT (programming) departments and capabilities.

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RSS from SF said:

-----

With those hours, they obviously don't want West Coast business.  4am-11:00am Pacific Time ...??????

2 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

4am-11:00am Pacific Time ...??????

4am to 11pm Pacific Time.

----

Edited by RSS from SF

10 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

Jesse....

Jacob....

James....

Until I spoke to rep Fernando, I thought today all reps needed to pick a name that began with "J".  😁

---

Reminds me of the offshore call centers that assign names...  "Okay, today your name is...  Bob".  

Maybe Fernando forgot to update his name this week.

• Haha 1

Ready for round two?

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS® HEADS TO LOS ANGELES NOVEMBER 2021

Navigator of the Seas’ newest homeport of Los Angeles, California was announced – signifying Royal Caribbean’s return to the west coast after a decade-long hiatus. We’re thrilled to share we were presented with an opportunity to bring Navigatorto Los Angeles even sooner! Navigator of the Seas will now begin sailing year-round from Los Angeles, California as of November 2021. These new itineraries will open for sale the week of April 12, 2021. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

So... October 11 is now her last Miami cruise.  She returns to drop passengers on October 15.  

Kind of takes any Cape Horn or Panama Canal transit off the table due to the CSO.  

Oct. 15 plus 46 days is Nov. 30, but without passengers she won't need 46 days.  

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

Just received the notification for our Jan '22  cruise that it will be switching from Navigator to Freedom of the Seas out of Miami. Was happy to find that Freedom received the amplification last year so shouldn't be too much difference. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Xkontour98 said:

Just received the notification for our Jan '22  cruise that it will be switching from Navigator to Freedom of the Seas out of Miami. Was happy to find that Freedom received the amplification last year so shouldn't be too much difference. 

Can you share it?  Didn’t get one 😞 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

So... October 11 is now her last Miami cruise.  She returns to drop passengers on October 15.  

Kind of takes any Cape Horn or Panama Canal transit off the table due to the CSO.  

Oct. 15 plus 46 days is Nov. 30, but without passengers she won't need 46 days.  

I have multiple bookings on Navigator and the three emails I have just received about this do not have a booking number on them. So this means that my Halloween Navigator is also switched to Freedom?  

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I have multiple bookings on Navigator and the three emails I have just received about this do not have a booking number on them. So this means that my Halloween Navigator is also switched to Freedom?  

Check your upcoming cruise list on the Royal site.

On 4/3/2021 at 7:22 PM, RSS from SF said:

Jesse....

Jacob....

James....

---

Ferdinandis derived from the word “farṍ” meaning 'journey' ... J'S still rule

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Not clear.  Freedom has a bookable cruise on Oct. 23 in Bayonne for 5 nights then shows in Miami on the Oct 31.  Should be enough time to repo down to Miami without guests.  

If the schedule holds Navigator Miami cruises from Oct. 15 through Oct. 29 are missing a ship at the moment.

Edited by twangster

Just now, twangster said:

Not clear.  She has a bookable cruise on Oct. 23 in Bayonne for 5 nights then shows in Miami on the Oct 31.  Should be enough time to repo down to Miami without guests.  

If the schedule holds Navigator Miami cruises from Oct. 15 through Oct. 30 are missing a ship at the moment.

Thanks, as always, I appreciate you taking the time to answer and your helpful info. But best of all are your photos!!

• Thanks 1

That is good news

We booked a Princess Coastal in Oct from SF

but would gladly do a B2B on Nav instead if the prices are good

waiting for the repo  announcement if the go around the horn maybe do the last leg 

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

No, unfortunately  Freedom does not start to sail her regular rotation itineraries in Miami until Nov 5th. You only have 2 options.  125% FCC or cancel for refund.  I had a client on the Nov 1 sailing and that’s all they got. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, unfortunately  Freedom does not start to sail her regular rotation itineraries in Miami until Nov 5th. You only have 2 options.  125% FCC or cancel for refund.  I had a client on the Nov 1 sailing and that’s all they got. 

Oh darn, but thank you. 

• Like 1