Navigator now confirmed in California

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

June of 2022.... I recognize when Caribbean cruise ships shift from summer to winter & vice versa. But June of 2022 is along damn ways off. To be exact, that's 15 months. The next shifting of ships would typically be in about 4-5 weeks. Then a reverse around Oct or so... why are they not planning to move the Navigator to Cali then? No one of can read the tea leaves of the CDC, but it's pretty telling that they are waiting 15 months to serve the masses and make profits. 

Very simple.  The Navigator already had cruises scheduled and booked through the beginning of May 2022.  This is a regular deployment nothing more, nothing less and certainly not an indication of a restart to cruising. 

On 3/17/2021 at 4:24 PM, crzndeb said:

I can only speak for Carnival, but not sure what you mean by long time. I just did the Mexican Riviera (Cabo, Mazatlan, PV) in Sept/2019

@jalves and I can speak for NCL - NCL did the Mexican Riviera in 2019 also (I was there in October that year), and had 2020 scheduled before COVID caused shutdowns.  There may have been trips in 2018 also...

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They do have an approximate 30 day window from the last sailing that ends in May to the start up they mentioned in June assuming that they plan to start June 1.

When the Mariner went around the Horn is was in 3 segment totaling 46 nights.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s a month and half, I didn’t think it would take so long.

Someone said two months via the Suez Canal.

I think we will get all the information very soon. It wont take too long until the cruisng will be back. I am really looking forward to summer vacation. I expect all the limitations and restrictions to be off by then

3 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I think we will get all the information very soon. It wont take too long until the cruisng will be back. I am really looking forward to summer vacation. I expect all the limitations and restrictions to be off by then

Are you talking about Summer of 2021 or 2022?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 12:59 PM, jalves said:

Its been a long time since cruise lines have done the "Mexican Riverina" type cruises from California.  IIRC, they were discontinued because of crime in the ports and resulting declining demand for those cruises.  Wonder if the crime situation has improved.  

Hi @jalves,

Another friendly correction regarding Mexican Riviera itineraries in addition to those from @crzndeb (Carnival) and @hallux (NCL):

Mexican Riviera itineraries have been or are scheduled to be sailed by Carnival, Norwegian, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America, and Disney.

Additionally, for me and my spouse, crime has not been an issue for any Mexican Riviera cruise stops.  (And we are people who usually visit places away from where most other cruisers go on these itineraries.)

-R-

---

• Like 2

If this cruises the same route as Carnival’s Panorama, I’d think the Panorama is the better.  You can book a Havana Cabana suite and/or balconies and some insides but the best thing about this is you have complete private use of the aft pool, 2 large hot tubs, no children under 12 👍, Havana bar and a beautiful Cuban setting outside.  We had an Aft wrap balcony, deck 6, but Covid ruined everything.  Think about this ship, nobody can enter this area without having the Havana room and you are given a wrist.band.

Edited by James4me

On 3/17/2021 at 1:13 PM, Hoopster95 said:

I'd rather visit Nassau ...  and that should say EVERYTHING on this forum for those of you who have never been to Ensenada

On 3/17/2021 at 10:39 PM, SelectSys said:

I am not sure what you did on the your visit to Ensenada or what you find enjoyable, but it really is a very nice area.  You should try and keep an open mind and do a bit of research and try it again.

On 3/18/2021 at 3:34 AM, Norwich Cruiser said:

We also had a great day in Ensenada.

Hi @Hoopster95,

Just so that you know, Ensenada does have its fans.

In addition to what @SelectSys  and @Norwich Cruiser have said, here is what I have to say about Ensenada:

---

---

To those of you who have not been to Ensenada yet, I recommend that you see for yourself what this port is about and what it can offer to you.

Regards,

-R-

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

Hey Roger! Looking forward to West Coast cruises again! It has been a while. :classic_biggrin:

~Patti & Bill :classic_smile:

Hi Patti & Bill!

-- YES, Definitely!  Miss you guys!  Hopefully we'll see each other on Royal Caribbean again soon enough.  (Our last 9 West Coast cruises have been on Princess [from SF/LA/Seattle/Vancouver], and currently our next 10 cruises are booked on Princess.)

-- Now that RCI is coming back to California, we'll email you the next time we have a booking on Royal Caribbean👍.  (Our last time on Royal was September 2018 on Explorer of the Seas, out of Seattle.)

😃 -R & I-

• Thanks 1

@RSS from SF

Just a side note...I am smiling from ear to ear...noticed you live "atop Twin Peaks".

Brought back some genuinely fond memories...wink, wink...from my high school days...thank you. 😇😉😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

@RSS from SF

. . . "atop Twin Peaks".  Brought back some genuinely fond memories...wink, wink...from my high school days. . . .

Hi @bonsai3s, yes I have heard of what you speak 😇.  And I went to Wash 🙂😮....
....So.... Let's keep "atop Twin Peaks" our little secret 😉😇 😁.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:09 PM, Blizzard54 said:

When the Mariner went around the Horn is was in 3 segment totaling 46 nights.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:10 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Wow, didn’t realize it was that long a trip. 

On 3/18/2021 at 10:07 PM, PhoenixCruiser said:

Yes, @Merion_Mom
can tell us all about the trip 😁

-----

. . . .

@Merion_Mom and more than 120 other cruisers on CruiseCritic can tell us all about the trip 😁 -- or so I've heard! 😁

. . . .

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2021_02/258141081_Itinerary-Mariner-1-4-2009__v3_w_PreCruiseupdated2008-12-11.jpg.926aa4b21178e82b16d2f74712aa0d24.jpg

-----

• Like 2

On 3/17/2021 at 12:59 PM, jalves said:

Its been a long time since cruise lines have done the "Mexican Riverina" type cruises from California.  IIRC, they were discontinued because of crime in the ports and resulting declining demand for those cruises.  Wonder if the crime situation has improved.  

Princess sails the Mexican Riviera frequently, along with Pacific Coastal cruises.  I started sailing with them when RCCL left California years ago.  Still prefer Royal and happy to see them returning.

• Like 1