Navigator now confirmed in California

Just now, Ashland said:

I just called and was told can't book yet..probably this week the 14th.

Yep, I just said we could see them, nothing about booking.  Also I can only see itineraries that happened to be on the same departure date as the old Navigator sailings. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yep, I just said we could see them, nothing about booking.  Also I can only see itineraries that happened to be on the same departure date as the old Navigator sailings. 

No harm in trying :classic_wink:

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Is Nov. 19 the first "inaugural"?

If so, that's 35 days from the last Miami cruise.

It’s the first date that I can see although I can only see dates that line up with the old Bahamas sailings so there could be sailings prior to the 19th. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like right around $3000pp for a GS.

Darn I was hoping for an OS...but GS would be fine....Jan 17th just happens to be my birthday so the timing would be perfect !!

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Darn I was hoping for an OS...but GS would be fine....Jan 17th just happens to be my birthday so the timing would be perfect !!

$4100pp

those are the prices listed but it is also showing waitlisted so they may change but Balcony and JS guarantees that are open are in line with how the waitlisted categories are priced. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

TA’s can see them

Nov 19, 7 nighter 

other 7 night cruises are Dec 24 and 31

Jan 17

Mar 18

Mar 25

42 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Is that Jan 17 2022 a 7 nighter and same itinerary as above ?

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes

---

If the 12/31/2021 (7-night) ends on 1/7/2022, and the next 7-night might be 1/17/2022, can we guess those 10 days between are likely cruises of 4 nights (1/7 - 1/11), then 3 nights (1/11 - 1/13), then 4 nights (1/13 - 1/17)?

---

Edited by RSS from SF

Just now, RSS from SF said:

---

If the 12/31/2021 (7-night) ends on 1/7/2022, and the next 7-night might be 1/17/2022, can we guess those 10 days between are likely cruises of 4 nights (1/7), then 3 nights (1/11), then 4 nights? (1/13)?

---

Yes, other than the 7 nights that I listed everything is the std 3/4 Day rotation other than one 5 day that I saw on April 22. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ashland said:

Oh dear all the GS's are under the pool area...not a favorite location.

I always wonder what RCI was thinking with this set up.

I've stayed in 1598 on Navigator.  Didn't hear a thing from above.  Never thought about it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Oh dear all the GS's are under the pool area...not a favorite location.

I always wonder what RCI was thinking with this set up.

That was the norm for All Royal ships before Oasis. Suites on highest deck

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That was the norm for All Royal ships before Oasis. Suites on highest deck

I know...but what a poorly thought out design decision...and look how long it's taken them to figure it out...DUH :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I know...but what a poorly thought out design decision...and look how long it's taken them to figure it out...DUH :classic_wink:

Actually, Carnival figured it out in their Fantasy Class as I recall

The suites were low and mid ship

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 5:19 PM, robtulipe said:

Was that a one way cruise to Honolulu?

We did that in May 2008. We checked in at the San Diego Convention Center and were bus down to Ensenada to board there due to PVSA restriction.

No, It was a cruise from Ensenada to Seattle in 2001. It was voyage #2 of Radiance.  It was then doing a series of 3/4 night cruises before Alaska.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, twangster said:

Still can't book but more months appearing...

556838289_ScreenShot2021-04-13at7_00_13AM.thumb.jpg.5915604709b20c9b20caf997eb6e1593.jpg

It’s Royals wonderful IT infrastructure that is picking up the new California itineraries that are falling on the same dates as her old Bahamas itineraries. That’s the reason that it only goes out as far as April 2022.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s Royals wonderful IT infrastructure that is picking up the new California itineraries that are falling on the same dates as her old Bahamas itineraries. That’s the reason that it only goes out as far as April 2022.

The question is... will this approach allow direct bookings by the public at the same time as TAs?

18 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I was on that cruise — that’s when a truck with 40 passengers’ luggage never made it to the ship.  They had to live in their boarding clothes for 5 days, until we got to Hawaii. We had boarded in Florida and came through the canal — we had special permission to stay onboard for the short ride down to SD, thank goodness!!  We were really flying!

First cruise was Viking Serenade, to celebrate our anniversary.

Yes, those folks who were part of early in the cruise greet & meet gift exchange and had their gifts in their checked in at the hotel luggage were giving out Maui Wowies vouchers so the recipients could contact them to get their gifts once the ship had done its first port stop in Maui, Hawaii. My sister got one of those.

Since you had done a South America port stop on the previous PC one way cruise you had satisfied the required PVSA distant foreign port  requirement and didn't have to be bused down to Ensenada like us new boarding passengers. 

I also recall that the Radiance had a long dark scrape on its white port side as a result of the PC passage. This I heard happened in one of the PC locks as a result of bad cabling by the PC mule locomotives crew.