Navigator now confirmed in California

1 hour ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

A summary of all Navigator Los Angeles sailings can be viewed here:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/deployment/2021_2022/21075725_LAX_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

Thanks much for the link!

I see there is an April 15, 2022 3-night and April 22, 2022 5-night. . .

-- I'll be looking to see if an April 18, 2022 4-night eventually is released.  

---

25 minutes ago, RSS from SF said:

I'll be looking to see if an April 18, 2022 4-night eventually is released.

FYI I called in and the rep said that (1) this sailing has not been released yet, and (2) currently there are no charters on this sailing.

---

Edited by RSS from SF

44 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The reps are the last ones at Royal to know about any charters

... Maybe the missing April 2022 sailing is a West Coast chapter of the full ship clothing-optional cruise! --

"The first 2022 full ship clothing-optional charter will be held in the spring on the Jewel of the Seas, a Radiance class ship by Royal Caribbean, from April 3 - 9, 2022. The 6-day charter will sail out of Miami, FL and will be highlighted by two massive clothing-optional excursions in Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico."

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RSS from SF said:

". . . . highlighted by two massive clothing-optional excursions in Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico."

---

. . . Could you picture "massive clothing-optional excursions in Catalina Island, California and Ensenada, Mexico"???

🤔

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2021 at 12:35 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.  In most cases prices will rise over time.  Sometimes they do drop but as long as you booked from North America you can call and get a price adjustment up until final payment.  You really have nothing to lose by booking early unless you like to take risks and see what prices are like after final payment when cabin selection can be poor.

We booked the 7 night departing November 19 on April 14 in a JS Hump for $3300 total. Less than a week later it is up $2200! 

On 3/18/2021 at 12:26 PM, Ashland said:

Not Ken...but with the Navigator sailings due to be published March 29th I would think it would be just after that. Why do you think before ?

We received an email the evening of April 13. Did a mock booking for the 7 night departing November 19 THIS year, found the JS on the hump we wanted, emailed my TA and got word first thing in the morning that we got it! Total was $3300. Less than one week later it was $5500! Score!!! I do not care about the ports at all. I just want to get on a cruise!

• Like 2

On 4/3/2021 at 1:26 PM, twangster said:

Latest agent I spoke with said an internal announcement went out announcing the delay.  The announcement doesn't mention a new release date but he said there are rumors it will be closer to the end of April. 

Interested if anyone is successful booking her.

Received an email from RCI late evening April 13. Emailed TA, next morning had my 11/19/2021 JS on the hump booked for an incredible (in a good way!) rate. So excited!!!

3 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

Received an email from RCI late evening April 13. Emailed TA, next morning had my 11/19/2021 JS on the hump booked for an incredible (in a good way!) rate. So excited!!!

Congrats.  If I wasn't on Odyssey that week I'd be on with you.

I've booked three... so far. 😉 

We'll actually two new ones and then changed my Mariner in Oct to Navigator a week later.  I might book a couple more but they will be last minute things as the time allows.  I'm excited to be able to cruise of LA on Royal.  I so hope they add ships and itineraries as time progresses.

• Like 5

After coming back from a land vacation I am booking a 7 night on Navigator Cabo, Vallarta, Mazatlan for March 2022. Trying to decide on port or starboard cabin does anyone know what side the ship would dock at in these ports.

Also what deck would traditional dining be on? 

Need to get back to cruising land vacation wasn't for me and this would be my first cruise being Diamond!

Edited by Lorey2007

22 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

does anyone know what side the ship would dock at in these ports.

At Cabo - neither.  That's a tender port for all ships.

Not sure if it'll apply to Navigator but when I was on NCL's Bliss in those ports PV was port-side and Mazatlan was starboard (she'll need to rotate before or after docking at Mazatlan unless they reverse out).  When we were in PV, the Royal Princess was on the other side of the port area and was tied up on the starboard side.  Except for Cabo, always pointing the bow out of the port.

This might also adjust if they have lifeboat tests to run...

Cabo is a tender port. In PV the view from Port side used to be of the Sam's Club. And as I recall, Mazatlán is kind of industrial. But I think we usually booked port side cabins back then, and it seemed to me that we saw the port more often than not. :classic_smile: You have a 50/50 chance. :classic_biggrin: No idea about dining. 

Edited by Coralc

Thanks all.

What are the pros & cons of booking online or calling and booking with a certified RCL planner?  Always just did it online I like to have all the control but I got a email from a RCL planner so curious. 

3 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Thanks all.

What are the pros & cons of booking online or calling and booking with a certified RCL planner?  Always just did it online I like to have all the control but I got a email from a RCL planner so curious. 

I would use the planner, simply because they have access to more staterooms and promotions. After booking, you can receive assistance from anyone who answers the phone anyway. 

Edited by Coralc

49 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I would use the planner, simply because they have access to more staterooms and promotions. After booking, you can receive assistance from anyone who answers the phone anyway. 

That's good to know that anyone at RCL can help if the planner is not in. Years ago I used a TA and it took 2 days to get back with me since I've either just called or booked online.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

At Cabo - neither.  That's a tender port for all ships.

Not sure if it'll apply to Navigator but when I was on NCL's Bliss in those ports PV was port-side and Mazatlan was starboard (she'll need to rotate before or after docking at Mazatlan unless they reverse out).  When we were in PV, the Royal Princess was on the other side of the port area and was tied up on the starboard side.  Except for Cabo, always pointing the bow out of the port.

This might also adjust if they have lifeboat tests to run...

We were booked to go on Bliss this month, sailed on Getaway didn't really care for that class of ship & was was happy to see RCL having a ship going to those ports we loved Adventure.

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Really ? You think the planner's have more access than a regular rep ? I often talk to some great reps up in the Portland, Oregon area who sure seem to be very knowledgeable about everything and couldn't be more helpful....Just lucky I guess.

I think we are saying the same thing, and it was a question of booking online or on the phone. And I think on the phone is better, reps or a planner. I have had planners in the past, and they seem to disappear frequently, so mostly I use reps too. Planners are <I think> more personalized, but we have never had one for more than one cruise or even more than one or two phone calls. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Really ? You think the planner's have more access than a regular rep ? I often talk to some great reps up in the Portland, Oregon area who sure seem to be very knowledgeable about everything and couldn't be more helpful....Just lucky I guess.

That one cruise that I booked totally online, is the one that I mentioned with your SAVEMORE savings promotion. I ended up having to call back anyway to get the lower price. I think that reps or planners can see more when you call in to book, rather than doing it all online. :classic_biggrin: I was just curious, because I have never booked one that way before. But I just didn't feel like talking to anyone on that particular evening. :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1