So what is your dealbreaker that will keep you away from cruising?

RoyalC

14 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

On the Carnival board, there are discussing De Santos's banning of Vaccine Passports.  So the cruise industry better take the hint, from our governor! 

You should just accept the fact that cruising with its restrictions won’t be for you for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mauraoel said:

And the Gov. DeSantis isn't going to restrict their ability to reopen if that is what is required from the CDC.  He just wants them open so that the other industries that benefit from them being open can begin to make money.

The CDC isn't a regulatory body and cannot MAKE them do anything. 

basically everything. i was a lifelong cruiser but no longer. not until normalcy returns.  i can wait. bucket list full and complete. respect those who want to go but for me i’ll wait and see.  all the best 

• Like 4

On 4/5/2021 at 12:10 PM, wingatesl said:

The CDC isn't a regulatory body and cannot MAKE them do anything. 

Aren’t they the ones that imposed the ‘Do Not Sail’ orders to start with?

I don't care. I'm just ready to cruise.  I'm like everyone else, waiting patiently for cruises to resume. Whatever the "new" protocol is we'll fall in line and abide by them just like we did with all the airline changes after 9/11. We'll wait for a few cruises to sail successfully and then book a cruise from our local port Galveston if they're up and cruising. If not, we'll fly to FL or the Bahamas or any other Caribbean port. 

Mask required - I wore a mask for a week at Disney World, no big deal.  

Social Distancing - I had to social distance at WDW and Pensacola beach 2020 which worked until a mass of people moved at the same time, to the same place on the same path way - no big deal we had on mask. LOL! The ship can enforce social distancing like WDW did with stickers on the floor 6 ft apart but when everyone is walking around on the ship at the same time it will be impossible to enforce social distancing. I actually enjoyed the 6 ft apart stickers at WDW because no one was breathing down my neck nor in my personal space. WIN WIN for me!

Vaccine required - no big deal.

Negative test to cruise and/or leave ship - no big deal.

Cruise mandated excursions - no big deal.  This will give me time to really check out the ship while everyone else are the cruise excursions.  Most of the ports I have already been to a numerous times. I'm cool with staying on board or hanging around the port in the enclosed area to stretch out my legs and/or shop or eat.

Ship gets quarantined - I've already decided I'm packing my work laptop on any vacation just in case.

Flying to port - I've been flying a few times since covid. Wear your mask and carry on.

Non US departures - as soon as this was announced I checked into flights to the Bahamas. I fly to MIA or FLL to cruise so this wasn't a big deal to me. Galveston is my home port so I have options.

Cruise Price hikes - We've been exploring the US during the pandemic and let me tell you something it's way more expensive than a cruise. Plus food is included on cruises. We just spent 4 days in San Antonio, $1500 later I was ready to book a cruise on my way home. 3 days Grand Canyon/Sedona $1700. Debating on going back to Pensacola beach for our summer vacation $4K for a one bdrm condo. I already told my DH we're booking suites on our cruises from now on. LOL!  Now he believes me when I tell him cruises are a great vacation for us. Everyone is different but for us it's an extremely great value.  We always book balconies and it's still a great value for us.

So we'll continue to wait this out and hopefully soon we will all be cruising and on CC fussing about tips, chair hogs, fly in the day before, the food is so bad/or good, is the beverage package worth it, my balcony mate is smoking on the balcony, should I check in early or late, what's your favorite cruise snack, do I have to wear formal attire on formal night, etc. 

Edited by cynt
  • Like 1

Any restrictions on and off ship.

Vaccination requirement...I am fine if they want to see a note of recovery.  I just have a problem being told I need to have a vaccination that is not medically necessary.

• Like 3

My only deal breakers are: 

1. If Covid numbers end up rising instead of declining.

2. If cruise lines raise the cost so much that they price me out lol.

The only reason I’m not hopping on a couple of those cruises going out this summer is because I actually do want them to test the waters before I go out there. I’m still not 100% confident in the effectiveness of the vaccines so this will be a great opportunity to show that they do work. My family is about to be fully vaccinated (we take vaccine #2 next week). I just want to know that my elderly high risk loved ones won’t get sick. After that I’m all in!

I do hope the cruise lines try to keep the onboard entertainment going and that eventually we’ll be able to skip masks outdoors. It’s going to be hot with them on outside but inside it might actually keep me warm.

As others have said, I won't cruise with a mask requirement. I'm absolutely fine with following mask protocol, but if I'm escaping on a cruise vacation, I want the cruise experience and wearing a mask while sunning by the pool is not part of that experience.

I'm fine with vaccination requirements or testing requirements. I'm booked in early 2023, hoping normalcy will have returned by then. But we'll see. I will cancel if I'm forced to mask. Honestly, I'm not an anti-masker, just NOT on my cruise vacation. 

By the way, I'm fully vaccinated.

Edited by printingchick