Anyone pre-registering ready to book late 2022/early 2023?

Guest ccpm

I have been super cautious, followed every guideline as I have a few health issues but now despite being wary re further surges I have decided life is for living. So I have pre-registered with P&O for "hopefully" a cruise on Ventura in December 2022 as it has in the past been a cheap(ish) cruise for a single in a good balcony. I won't get off so could not have cared less where it went. Then something in the Caribbean 2023 for 4-5 weeks including sail back to Southampton in a suite don't care which ship - as always thanking my elder brother for his skill and my inheritance. Personal agent (not sure what that meant never had an inkling of one before) apparently will  advise when we get to the booking opening at the end of April. Has anyone else joined me and pre regisered?

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have booked Arcadia Nov 2022. I wasn't shocked by the prices either. We are on Ventura for 35 nights in Jan 2022, so getting our Caribbean fix next year, to make up for last year.

Hi Phil,

Congratulations on your "booking".

We have booked an Azura one, but I still cannot see anything other than the "front page" links to the Azura and Our Vera fly cruises on the P&O website.  Can you please give me an indication of how I may be able to find the other cruises, such as the round trip Caribbean ones?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tring said:

Hi Phil,

We have booked an Azura one, but I still cannot see anything other than the "front page" links to the Azura and Our Vera fly cruises on the P&O website.  Can you please give me an indication of how I may be able to find the other cruises, such as the round trip Caribbean ones?

Just went to the main P&O site and filled out the filter boxes, the Ventura ones are there as I looked at those too.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tring said:

Hi Phil,

All cruises are viewable on P&O website just put in dates and choose which ship on the homepage. The only trouble is that you dont know prices of each cabin grade only "from" price for the lowest in each category and the initial prices shown are for "Early Saver" fares.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tring said:

Hi Phil,

image.png.110c9381984b85cf99d38ec6e014906f.png

• Like 1

I’ve pre registered for Arvia 6 th January Caribbean with my travel agent picked a few cabins I wanted in the Same grade and got the price of those cabins so fingers crossed, not overly keen on the cruise but it was my husband’s choice and it will be our first fly home cruise 

32 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

All cruises are viewable on P&O website just put in dates and choose which ship on the homepage. The only trouble is that you dont know prices of each cabin grade only "from" price for the lowest in each category and the initial prices shown are for "Early Saver" fares.

I have been able to filter the Azura ones to Balcony cabin and select price - so that is what shows as I scroll through the list.  Only a tad more for the HB grade which we would be happy with.

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have booked Arcadia Nov 2022. I wasn't shocked by the prices either. We are on Ventura for 35 nights in Jan 2022, so getting our Caribbean fix next year, to make up for last year.

I am very tempted by the Arcadia Nov 22 cruise and also by March 35 night cruise on Ventura Will think carefully over next few days as I was pleasantly surprised by the prices

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tring said:

Hi Phil,

Maybe you have chosen fly cruise only?

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Maybe you have chosen fly cruise only?

Thanks, found it now, but decided to go for the cheaper Azura March '23 one instead, as would have been paying more pppn to spend lots of time in the Atlantic and still at reasonably northern levels.  Looking at the atlas, I was surprised to see just how far north Southern Florida, Bermuda and The Bahamas are compared to this side of the Atlantic - only about the same latitude as The Canaries.

I needed to go into the search system for booking cruises, rather than being able to find a link on the P&O website for pre-registrations of all new cruises, which is what I had expected to find.  

After receiving the email from P&O decided to have a look out of curiosity (which killed the cat😁) and saw the autumn 16 nighter out of Malta on Azura. Lovely itinerary into the Adriatic and Italy, back to Malta then Majorca, Gib, Lanzarote, and overnight Tenerife to finish. Couldn't believe how good the prices are so have paid a very low deposit to pre register on a suite.

• Like 3

What with the comments on this thread, and the other thread, I get the feeling that there are going to be a lot of disappointed suite passengers out there.  Suite prices on certain cruises are stupidly low, and I can't imagine how P&O will allocate them without an enormous amount of disatisfaction. 

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

What with the comments on this thread, and the other thread, I get the feeling that there are going to be a lot of disappointed suite passengers out there.  Suite prices on certain cruises are stupidly low, and I can't imagine how P&O will allocate them without an enormous amount of disatisfaction. 

Agreed, at those prices they will all be gone in pre registration anyway, so nothing left for the on sale dates.

5 minutes ago, jake 26 said:

Agreed, at those prices they will all be gone in pre registration anyway, so nothing left for the on sale dates.

Yes, I think I'll be looking at Princess in the Caribbean in early 2023, as I don't think I'll be getting my Azura suite.

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I may be wrong, but if you pre-register, you have to purchase the cruise you registered for (or, at least pay the deposit). So I assume you will sacrifice the deposit on one of the two cruises you have registered for. 

I have until 29 April to decide which one I want as I can’t book until then as I am not top tier, but my TA knows what I want and will be straight onto it, I have given her a few cabin choices.

29 minutes ago, sarar said:

I have until 29 April to decide which one I want as I can’t book until then as I am not top tier, but my TA knows what I want and will be straight onto it, I have given her a few cabin choices.

Sounds like you have a good TA  - it's going to be bedlam on the 29th, and, as we know, some TA's have a better relationship with P&O than others. Let's hope your TA works for one of those with the inside track. 

Suites sold out on our January Azura cruise too

I said they were a good price!

Seems to me that anyone considering these (to me) well-priced offers should jump in now, if they can.  I think there’s likely to be a significant price hike once those cabins which are left go on general sale

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sounds like you have a good TA  - it's going to be bedlam on the 29th, and, as we know, some TA's have a better relationship with P&O than others. Let's hope your TA works for one of those with the inside track. 

Wowzz, having spoken directly to P&O this morning I can tell you that if you paid a deposit directly to P&O (or your TA has taken a deposit and pasted it on) you are guaranteed that grade cabin but it does appear not all TAs are working that way so no idea what you will get. 

28 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Wowzz, having spoken directly to P&O this morning I can tell you that if you paid a deposit directly to P&O (or your TA has taken a deposit and pasted it on) you are guaranteed that grade cabin but it does appear not all TAs are working that way so no idea what you will get. 

I'm still not sure if that is correct. In your other post you said you were told that cabins had not yet been allocated, and this would be done later, in tier priority order.

There are, I think, 8 cabins in the grade I want. How can P&O guarantee me the cabin grade I  want, when they will not know at the moment I pre-register, what the waiting list is, in terms of priority tiers?