DeSantis could sink our chances of cruising out of Florida

2 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Heh. “I’m not going to get political” but then I do. Truth can be your friend. Try seeking it. 

I gave the fella a nice pat on the back for pushing the buttons to make things happen and then getting out of the way... I even gave him a cookie! That's not political. That's a Thank You. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

There you go making assumptions

No assumptions.  So were you aware of the Tuskegee Experiments and the fact that the U.S. government used Black males as lab rats?   

Edited by yogimax

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm guessing your husband's airline still has a mask mandate. 

See, I'm not assuming. 😉

Yes, I think they all are but I’m not sure. I believe it’s a federal law for now. Haven’t looked into flying lately. 😥

9 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I gave the fella a nice pat on the back for pushing the buttons to make things happen and then getting out of the way... I even gave him a cookie! That's not political. That's a Thank You. 

Was it a good cookie or a crappy one? jk 😁

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, yogimax said:

No assumptions.  So were you aware of the Tuskegee Experiments and the fact that the U.S. government used Black males as lab rats?   

You are assuming I don't know. I do. Pretty sure the government was involved. That's how I have interpreted the data.

So logic tells me if the government lied then, whose to say they aren't still lying in the sake of science and we're all lab rats now?

#Seehowvthatvworks

• Like 3

3 hours ago, harkinmr said:

What a joke!  Warp Speed to development of the vaccine.  Then a sloooow crawl towards distribution.  Until January 20th!

Right, instantly there was millions of doses to jab people right off the bat as soon as it came to market and people didn’t have to wait in line because we had so much supply. So Canada choosing to spread the shot intervals  outside of manufacturer’s recommendation is not because of shortages. 

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Umm, I never said that.😉

“Huh, when Desantis did that with Publix he was portrayed as rewarding political donors”.  Ok.  So when you said that you weren’t defending him against that charge. Got it. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, easyqueasy said:

Right, instantly there was millions of doses to jab people right off the bat as soon as it came to market and people didn’t have to wait in line because we had so much supply. So Canada choosing to spread the shot intervals  outside of manufacturer’s recommendation is not because of shortages. 

Having millions of doses and getting them into people’s arms are two entirely different things. And I have no idea what Canada’s vaccine rollout and dose timing has to do with the US. But I’m sure you can explain. 

11 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

“Huh, when Desantis did that with Publix he was portrayed as rewarding political donors”.  Ok.  So when you said that you weren’t defending him against that charge. Got it. 

Correct, why assume otherwise.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men..."

"I am not a crook."

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yes, I think they all are but I’m not sure. I believe it’s a federal law for now. Haven’t looked into flying lately. 😥

I wonder why Ron cant create an executive order over riding that🤔

But then again, I'm not as smart as some folks here😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Bet it had raisins

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men..."

Great oatmeal cookies are made bad, by adding raisins.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You are assuming I don't know. I do. Pretty sure the government was involved.

If indeed you do "know," you would know it was conducted by the United States Public Health Service.  When finally revealed, President Clinton called it "shameful and racist."   Indeed, there is no question the government was involved.

Edited by yogimax
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You are assuming I don't know. I do. Pretty sure the government was involved. That's how I have interpreted the data.

So logic tells me if the government lied then, whose to say they aren't still lying in the sake of science and we're all lab rats now?

#Seehowvthatvworks

The difference is that keeping a secret today with instant information and social media is absolutely impossible.  One side or the other will scream it to the masses.  Too easy to leak info anonymously.

Again am sure some believe the conspiracy stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

No where did you say signs point to it. Look at your first sentence you say “Yep the slow down has started in texas”. My question was “Are they really slowing down....”. Same thing. Again my question is are they really slowing down or is it because they have more vaccines? No need to get defensive. I was simply asking a question and not implying anything since I haven’t looked into it.

They cleared the wait list. No more wait list. A week ago there still was a wait list. How is that not moving along toward getting everyone done who wants doses. It has started here. I only watch texas. 

As we get more doses than we can use over the next month I'll also be interested how that plays out. 

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

We have come across the same thing. Publix, Home Depot, Walmart, Lowe’s, Costco, Sam’s and Bj’s make you have on a mask. I’m sure there are a lot more. Wished we would get to a point where we don’t have to wear them shopping.

Not completely true. 
I walk into Publix and Lowe’s with my mask on my wrist. 
I walk into Walmart with it on, past the entrance person, get my cart, then let it hang down from one of my ears. 
I don’t shop at Costco, Sam’s or BJ’s  
Maybe it’s a Beachside thing. 

• Like 1