Suite Guarantee

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Over 99% of suite guarantees end up with a JS

My suite guarantee is invoiced as GTY. Are they all like that (curious how they distinguish between this and interior/balcony guarantee), and can you bid up from a guarantee? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, easyqueasy said:

My suite guarantee is invoiced as GTY. Are they all like that (curious how they distinguish between this and interior/balcony guarantee), and can you bid up from a guarantee? 

There should also be a code attached to it.  A suite guarantee is WS.

• Thanks 1

We ended up with a JS the only time we did that.

It was a connector cabin, we asked to be put back in the  pool and got another JS but non connector

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There should also be a code attached to it.  A suite guarantee is WS.

Nope. No code attached, although it is a suite guarantee. Just says GTY, on a totally different cruise than easy is asking about. 

• Like 2

We would do it on ships that we have already been on multiple times. This suite guarantee happens to be on Jewel. And most of our sailings have been on the Radiance class. So we have stayed all over the ship in various categories, many Junior Suites, including the window washer obstructed JS. 

The "pick your own" cabin option on this sailing was a little pricey at $310. We talked about it, not a large ship so we chose the suite guarantee option. 

15 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I've actually noticed a few times recently that the pick your own was less expensive....strange.

I always pick my location....not willing to take a chance.

If it changes we might switch. :classic_smile: I noticed that the price dropped by $37 today. I'm not sure I will call for that either. This is actually the first cruise that I have ever booked totally online, through the website. 

Edited by Coralc

9 hours ago, easyqueasy said:

Nothing else other than GTY. Hmm, I guess I better call them. Better to clear it now than later. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

Nope. No code attached, although it is a suite guarantee. Just says GTY, on a totally different cruise than easy is asking about. 

This is how it shows up on the invoices that Royal provides TA’s.  I suspect that while it is not showing on the invoice generated for those that book direct the code is applied and that agents do see it.  Simply just another in a long list of IT issues that Royal has. 

86B98673-8449-42D1-B5D4-F033DF0B2773.jpeg

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Is there not a category (code) for suite guarantee GS and above?  

no. There are individual codes that identify s specific cabin on a guarantee i.e GS gur or OS gur but nothing that captures GS and up.  The specific guarantees are rare

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

If I wanted an actual suite with suite perks;  I would not like to end up with junior suite with no suite perks.  

Double points, way bigger room and just $20 more than the lowest priced balcony room, I’m extremely happy with the purchase. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

many Junior Suites, including the window washer obstructed JS. 

We stayed in 1098 when we did Alaska on Radiance

looking forward to stay in it again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

no. There are individual codes that identify s specific cabin on a guarantee i.e GS gur or OS gur but nothing that captures GS and up.  The specific guarantees are rare

Thanks. I thought I remembered a GS and above guarantee a few years ago on a last minute sale on Harmony. 

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

If it changes we might switch. :classic_smile: I noticed that the price dropped by $37 today. I'm not sure I will call for that either. This is actually the first cruise that I have ever booked totally online, through the website. 

I rarely book online unless it's been late night here on the west coast (used to love those 24 hour holds). But I recently jumped on booking the Arctic Circle online late night when it opened and the Panama Canal...so glad I did those prices jumped and booked up fast !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

If I wanted an actual suite with suite perks;  I would not like to end up with junior suite with no suite perks.  

Only book a suite GTY if you are prepared to get a JS.  If it is on a ship with Royal Suite Class, JS do get some perks, like access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner, that can be worth it.