Over: Cruise Email Spam

I have just emailed Princess to tell them I'm over their constant spamming of emails from their sales consultants. Its not just them either, getting tons of emails from travel agents and cruiselines all pushing for bookings for something that doesn't even have a start date yet.

Carefully check each email for "Unsubscribe" usually in small print somewhere near the bottom of the page. It should be there somewhere. I've done that and now I only get ads from the companies I like. Qantas was the trickiest one to get rid of.

• Like 2

I have not ever gotten one that I somehow signed up for.   I unsubscribe when I no longer am watching their cruises.   The one I am working on now is snail mail.  Some weeks cruise brochures are the sum total of my mail.   So now when I receive them i immediately write, call or email them to remove me from their mailing list. 

What's Spamming of E-Mails. I get 2 a week from the cruise line. I do think that's to much. Get 1 a month from the other 2 cruise lines, that the main Line owns.

Get a phone call every month also.

Yes I'm sitting on 3 FCC (Cancelled cruise credits). 

I'll just sit & wait, unless they have a expiry date..

I have to agree with the OP..... sales   for cruises   on a ship which will not be in Australian Waters, to places  which will not accept cruise ships.....

Tell them, they're dreamin'......

Maybe the people sending the emails are living in a parallel universe......

I like to look on the bright side .....  but   it is all smoke and mirrors..... 

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2021 at 9:03 AM, icat2000 said:

I have just emailed Princess to tell them I'm over their constant spamming of emails from their sales consultants. Its not just them either, getting tons of emails from travel agents and cruiselines all pushing for bookings for something that doesn't even have a start date yet.

Sarah, how they lock on to you is when you go and peruse the Princes sailings on their websites, the lights illuminate at the cruise personal planners desks and out they come, lol. Just spam 'em.

There nothing a Princess Planner can do that I can easily do by booking myself on the website. I've even had them call me too. I said give me a call when you have a start date for sailing in Australia. Otherwise stop calling me because I'm not going to book yet. I'm pretty sure why they so persistent is I have unattached future cruise credits sitting in the Princess piggie bank.

Edited by icat2000

17 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

There nothing a Princess Planner can do that I can easily do by booking myself on the website. I've even had them call me too. I said give me a call when you have a start date for sailing in Australia. Otherwise stop calling me because I'm not going to book yet. I'm pretty sure why they so persistent is I have unattached future cruise credits sitting in the Princess piggie bank.

I agree. I don't want a planner, I'm quite capable of booking online myself and tbat way I can choose the exact cabin I want from what is available. If I can't apply the FCC or FCD immediately I put the booking on hold and phone Princess. 

The one time I thought I might try using my assigned planner I phoned on a weekday Sydney time only to get a message saying it was a public holiday so the office was closed. Sorry, mate, but if you're going to offer a service to Australians you have to be available during our times. 

So now I just completely ignore emails and voicemail.