July start!!

Shakatime

11 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I believe one of them did declare it would be over in days.

Come to think of it, you are right. There was a declaration that everyone would be back in Church by Easter. That was Easter 2020.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

I think it is coming, but different levels of vaccination is the state remain a challenge.  For example, the three bay area counties I visit are all over 70% now, with North Berkeley, home of aggressively progressive government outreach and a great vaccination center at Golden Gates Field, now at 99% adults vaccinated!

Sadly some CA rural and cental valley counties continue to lag with numbers in the twenties or thirties, with some rprefusing vaccines on grounds well shared in media already.  Sad that they have not been guided by health experts, so that may delay a returning to CA cruising, but I hope not.  We all need to get behind our health experts and promote full vaccination.

Well, I think Newsom is on his heels so I could foresee him moving things along to "make nice".

As you probably know Disneyland, along with Universal and Knots Berry Farms all opened this weekend with no proof of vaccines needed.

I don't know the politics of what local municipalities can or cannot do to stop cruising since it's been stated on here previously that local .gov have no say on port activities. I just hope they work with the cruise lines and not try to implement heavy handed controls because they think they need to.

I guess the longshoreman union doesn't view cruising as something worth going to bat for.

26 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

Well, I think Newsom is on his heels so I could foresee him moving things along to "make nice".

As you probably know Disneyland, along with Universal and Knots Berry Farms all opened this weekend with no proof of vaccines needed.

I don't know the politics of what local municipalities can or cannot do to stop cruising since it's been stated on here previously that local .gov have no say on port activities. I just hope they work with the cruise lines and not try to implement heavy handed controls because they think they need to.

I guess the longshoreman union doesn't view cruising as something worth going to bat for.

It was my understanding that these places had restrictions. Only California residents are allowed in with proof of residency and some places even had restrictions on how far you could drive in from.

4 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It was my understanding that these places had restrictions. Only California residents are allowed in with proof of residency and some places even had restrictions on how far you could drive in from.

Yes and limited to 25% capacity plus other restrictions, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Right, and that's just about all events in CA right now I think. MLB games here are 25% as well.

Hopefully when we hit that June 15th date, we can move to more than 50%.

But I was merely pointing out how large scale events are opening\startig up in CA and not requiring proof of vax.

I really wish CCL would address other ports beyond TX and FL.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ontheweb said:

It may very well be moot when it comes to cruises, but getting as many as possible vaccinated would help towards the goal of herd immunity. And herd immunity would help a return to normalcy including cruises.

Since we are currently at 31.6% nationwide being fully vaccinated,  I think there will be pockets across the country where herd immunity will be achieved, but because of the various factions that are against the jab, herd immunity for the country as a whole will not be attained. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

I really wish CCL would address other ports beyond TX and FL.

Heck I'd be thrilled to death just to know for sure when cruises will resume from florida or texas.

Tired of people who are sure of this or that. I want real info from carnival. Not some know it all posters lol. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Since we are currently at 31.6% nationwide being fully vaccinated,  I think there will be pockets across the country where herd immunity will be achieved, but because of the various factions that are against the jab, herd immunity for the country as a whole will not be attained. 

Unless you are in lockdown, pockets of herd immunity won't exist or last very long. It is easier to lose herd immunity that to achieve it.

14 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

75 to 80% having the vaccine would make herd immunity.  Here's the link:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/what-is-herd-immunity#2

Herd immunity is when each case of covid results in less than one new case. Herd immunity can easily be lost for a variety of reasons including people not following directions, new variants, etc.

75-80 is an estimate, not a fact.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, waytoodeep03 said:

This thread is turning too political.

What about ports of call?

Masks will be required Im sure in port. 

What about the actual ports allowing cruises to dock?

Not by me.

Cruise lines have to negotiate with each port 

I'm certain masks will be required on the ships and I believe I read also on excursions 

14 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Agreed. And if variants continue to appear in those areas I can see prohibitions on travel from those states to others, similar to those we had last Spring.  What a colossal shame. 

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

And more than likely on the ship as well.  If this is a deal breaker,  flip your cruise to 2023.

Is 2023 a magic number?  How is it better than any other number?  In January 2023 there will be another typical flu season in the full swing, and by "flu season" I mean all 4-season areas around the globe in Northern hemisphere will be affected by "a highly contagious viral infection of respiratory passages illness caused by viruses that infect the nose, throat, and sometimes the lungs, and often occurring in epidemics".  There is (and never was) nothing political about that; it's just a fact of living.  What is political is to prolong abnormal living in summer time just until to announce another disastrous conditions around mid-September to keep control and power ("In social science and politics, power is the capacity of an individual to influence the actions, beliefs, or conduct (behavior) of others").

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kirtihk said:

Is 2023 a magic number?  How is it better than any other number?  In January 2023 there will be another typical flu season in the full swing, and by "flu season" I mean all 4-season areas around the globe in Northern hemisphere will be affected by "a highly contagious viral infection of respiratory passages illness caused by viruses that infect the nose, throat, and sometimes the lungs, and often occurring in epidemics".  There is (and never was) nothing political about that; it's just a fact of living.  What is political is to prolong abnormal living in summer time just until to announce another disastrous conditions around mid-September to keep control and power ("In social science and politics, power is the capacity of an individual to influence the actions, beliefs, or conduct (behavior) of others").

There have been flu seasons for as long as there has been cruising and the flu has never mandated the wearing of a mask while on a cruise.  Assuming cruises resume by say October, that would be 15 months of cruises with mask requirements.  If 2023 is not a good number in your opinion,  please provide me with a better one that you think that masks will not longer be required.  I am hopeful  that it will be sometime in 2022, but who knows?

57 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

There have been flu seasons for as long as there has been cruising and the flu has never mandated the wearing of a mask while on a cruise.  Assuming cruises resume by say October, that would be 15 months of cruises with mask requirements.  If 2023 is not a good number in your opinion,  please provide me with a better one that you think that masks will not longer be required.  I am hopeful  that it will be sometime in 2022, but who knows?

You missed my point (sorry, typical me, always using the Aesopian or ironical language - I used to it being born in Russia) which is we will be forced to use a rag around our nose (not just on cruises) for as long as possible to keep us in control in order to have the above mentioned power (sorry once again I cannot stop to use the "hidden" language); so it might be a few more months or many years depending on the "crew" tolerance level.

Aesopian language - Wikipedia

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 3:46 PM, waytoodeep03 said:

This is EXCELLENT news.

Id hate to where my mask while on the ship, however, have they stated wearing masks while in port?

Im sure the ports do not have the vaccine yet and may not for a while

MASKS

When physical distancing can’t be maintained, or when mandated by public health authorities, masks will be required on board, at private islands, and during shore excursions. Masks must be worn in terminals, during embarkation and disembarkation.

On 5/3/2021 at 4:43 PM, pc_load_letter said:

Only for locals    People cant fly there yet to visit these places