July start!!

Shakatime

1 minute ago, mondello said:

All guesses right now. I agree they will start slow and I don't even know if they can pull it off for July. Crew coming back will need time to book flights and they can't afford last minute flights. Then have to consider if they even have access to vaccines back home. It will take 2-3 weeks to get full immunity after their shots if they don't get the jab until they get here.

I think several unrelated posts have said Carnival staff participate(d) in bulk vaccination sites in Barbados, Galveston and Port Canaveral.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I think several unrelated posts have said Carnival staff participate(d) in bulk vaccination sites in Barbados, Galveston and Port Canaveral.

Idk different lines here and there. Galveston will be Monday and tuesday. I read paradise got crew vaccinated before that volcano rescue. Miami was doing some rcl and PC doing some disney last I read. I dont remember who at Barbados..its scattered all over.

Thrilled to see vista dock today. Lol my ship will be ready. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

What is this "outbreak" talk? There WILL be cases and that's a fact but not "outbreaks". Proving a covid source is also nearly impossible. Any/all passengers will be signing an acknowledgement of the potential to acquire or be exposed to covid along with some type of indemnification clause of that you can take to the bank. All the initial cruises will be test cruises by default. They will have protocols that they will follow for any passengers who may fall ill during the voyage. You seem to believe that there is somehow an option for zero risk. There isn't. There is also no option for verifying vaccines and/or medical histories. Casting your care on the cruise line and burring your head in the sand about the facts/realities isn't going to change them. They are what they are. Those who are unvaccinted, of compromised health, or in advanced aged and are worried should probably sit it out for a while and observe from the side lines while the process is perfected and best practices established.         

If you do not like the term outbreak, how about more cases than meet whatever threshold is established. And when that happens, literally the ***** hits the fan. The cruise industry takes a huge hit. The passengers proofs are investigated, and if any faked them, they are in huge trouble, probably both criminally and through civil law suits.

There is a huge difference between zero risk and ignoring the protocols intended to lower the risk as much as possible.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

If you do not like the term outbreak, how about more cases than meet whatever threshold is established. And when that happens, literally the ***** hits the fan. The cruise industry takes a huge hit. The passengers proofs are investigated, and if any faked them, they are in huge trouble, probably both criminally and through civil law suits.

There is a huge difference between zero risk and ignoring the protocols intended to lower the risk as much as possible.

Why shoot the messenger? I'm hoping everyone gets vaccinated and things go well but the reality is the reality. Pointing it out is not advocating anyone doing it but I'm not gullible enough to believe it won't take place. Human nature and all.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Heh.  You're not dealing in facts, you are dealing in speculation.  The rules are being decided by those in control.  That's the truth.

See post #328. Whaddaya know? Rules! By golly, it appears exactly as I said it would be. Whod'a thunk it! Don't hold your breath waiting on that magic database and don't take your red pill frustrations out on me. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Yep - here at Port Canaveral, they say that they're geared up to provide up to 1,000 shots/day for crew.  LINK

Tom

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

See post #328. Whaddaya know? Rules! By golly, it appears exactly as I said it would be. Whod'a thunk it! Don't hold your breath waiting on that magic database and don't take your red pill frustrations out on me. 

Ok.  You are getting WAY ahead of yourself. First, you have said repeatedly that there would be "self-certification" and that is clearly not the case.  You know, hey just check a box and say you are vaccinated and we're good.  So is your implication that there will be considerable fraud perpetrated by folks just to get on a cruise ship and there would be rampant fake COVID-19 vaccine cards floating around?  Second, this is the rule for the North America cruises being done by Royal, which have no oversight by the CDC. We still DON'T KNOW what the certification requirements are going to be for sailing out of the US.  If they have to attest to status legally they'd best figure out how to do it. IF, as you say, they are not going to do any due diligence, then it doesn't really give a whole lot of confidence in the process for any of the start up sailings. Best of luck to those relying on Royal, or any other cruise line, to do what needs to be done.  Wouldn't catch me on one! 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 9:23 PM, iwannacruznow said:

Why don't they scan the micro chip they put in my arm?😁

You mean this one?  (Hand or forehead)...

https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/85704/darpa-displays-human-implant-microchip-that-can-detect-viruses

https://www.scmp.com/tech/tech-trends/article/3129809/pentagon-team-reveals-covid-19-detecting-chip-can-be-implanted

Edited by spiritkat090909
replaced a link
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Ok.  You are getting WAY ahead of yourself. First, you have said repeatedly that there would be "self-certification" and that is clearly not the case.  You know, hey just check a box and say you are vaccinated and we're good.  So is your implication that there will be considerable fraud perpetrated by folks just to get on a cruise ship and there would be rampant fake COVID-19 vaccine cards floating around?  Second, this is the rule for the North America cruises being done by Royal, which have no oversight by the CDC. We still DON'T KNOW what the certification requirements are going to be for sailing out of the US.  If they have to attest to status legally they'd best figure out how to do it. IF, as you say, they are not going to do any due diligence, then it doesn't really give a whole lot of confidence in the process for any of the start up sailings. Best of luck to those relying on Royal, or any other cruise line, to do what needs to be done.  Wouldn't catch me on one! 

You're twisting my words. I've said as much as far back as post #128 and plenty after. Good day. 

9 hours ago, toad455 said:

I think Carnival will start with just six ships at first. Two from Galveston, two from Miami and two from Port Canaveral. All at reduced capacity.

Which method?  New CDC guidelines of 95% vaccinated and 5% unvaccinated kids and adults.  Or the test cruise route so their idiot CEO Arnold Donald does not have to mandate vaccines.

On 4/29/2021 at 7:57 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Indeed, seems like some positive movement in the right direction.

Interesting that vaccinations to a high proportion will be required.  Lots of folks will grouse about that, while others, like me, will be quite happy that a line in the sand has been drawn.

Have fingers X'ed that Carnival will take that route!!  At least 95% of passengers & 98% of crew to be vaccinated would be great!!  100% would be better, but 95 & 98% would be a huge relief!!  

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 10:41 AM, kdr69 said:

I am a fanatic for cruising but still wouldnt forge anything just to get on a cruise.  I find it astounding that anyone would go to those lengths but ive seen news reports here in Canada of passengers arriving on International flights with forged test documents.  Now digging a tunnel under the border to go on a cruise if it doesnt open when cruising begins is a whole different story..... Just sayin😬

If someone forges and an infection is traced back to them, OUCH!!   Tracing is easy.  That person would be screwed big time.  If a death were to result from a forgery, civil & criminal charges...The vaccine is easy to get, readily available.  Anyone would be crazy to subject themselves to such risk.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Those are just skeleton crews onboard. The majority of the crew (cabin stewards, waitstaff, etc.) are back in their home countries.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Could you provide a citation for schools not being allowed to question the vaccine status of children of illegal immigrants as that makes no sense. It is more likely they are not allowed to ask their immigration status.

I just wanted to note that another day has passed without any citation showing that schools cannot question the vaccine status of children of illegal immigrants. That is totally nonsensical; what they probably cannot question is the immigration status of students as public schools are required by law to be open to all students in their district. (BTW, I am a former school board member.)

And also children of illegal immigrants might very well actually be US citizens. They would be if they were born in the USA.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I just wanted to note that another day has passed without any citation showing that schools cannot question the vaccine status of children of illegal immigrants. That is totally nonsensical; what they probably cannot question is the immigration status of students as public schools are required by law to be open to all students in their district. (BTW, I am a former school board member.)

And also children of illegal immigrants might very well actually be US citizens. They would be if they were born in the USA.

Just out of interest to anyone involved in the discussion:

Isn't it a moot point?  Illegal undocumented immigrants aren't going to take their kids on a cruise, whether they have proof of vaccination or not.

15 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep - here at Port Canaveral, they say that they're geared up to provide up to 1,000 shots/day for crew.  LINK

Tom

Above is a link to a local article which gives some additional information.

Tom

• Like 1

First time I have felt a little positive about cruising actually returning, I have no problem with requiring 95% of passengers being vaccinated, that is a good thing in my book. I just want to see the ships sailing again and me being on the Mardi Gras next year, or a quick girls trip before then😁 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Which method?  New CDC guidelines of 95% vaccinated and 5% unvaccinated kids and adults.  Or the test cruise route so their idiot CEO Arnold Donald does not have to mandate vaccines.

I don't see any of the cruise lines restarting with every ship sailing at 100% capacity. Maybe by October/November all ships could be sailing.