July start!!

Shakatime

Indeed, seems like some positive movement in the right direction.

Interesting that vaccinations to a high proportion will be required.  Lots of folks will grouse about that, while others, like me, will be quite happy that a line in the sand has been drawn.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Given that 95% of guests must be vaccinated, and that many groups of children cannot yet be vaccinated, I can see them requiring all adults be vaxxed, and limit the children to 5% of the guests.  Lots of families will be disappointed...  EM

• Like 5

I am hopeful that this will happen and is genuine, but at this point am also suspicious that the CDC might be just throwing a bone to the cruise industry in an attempt to just keep them from leaving the US market and then to keep throwing the occasional roadblock that prevents cruising from actually restarting. Again, I really hope it happens though. I have two cruises currently booked with Carnival.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Given that 95% of guests must be vaccinated, and that many groups of children cannot yet be vaccinated, I can see them requiring all adults be vaxxed, and limit the children to 5% of the guests.  Lots of families will be disappointed...  EM

Yep. While I feel bad for the unvaccinated that were willing to take the tests and avoid group activities ahead of boarding, this is the least shocking information I've seen from the CDC in months as we all knew at least the first several months to a year of voyages were going to be restricted for unvaccinated. Carnival played this well by not really saying what they were doing for vaccinated vs unvaccinated aside from blanket statements,  hence they kept more folks money by not completely pissing off one side. Now they can say they are sorry but it is the CDC rules.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, stellarose said:

Ships out of Port Canaveral-  7nights are not listed until Oct. 

they could be sold out from all the rebookings along the way.  My PVP says the demand is huge.  My December booking has been sold out for months.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just checked my sept 11 vista and it's gone, but the next two dates are available. We must either be full or reached capacity. 

I would guess that they took bookings to a certain percentage of occupancy and would be possible they could release more bookings if the percentage can be increased?  Just a thought.

• Like 2

The great thing about the 98 crew/95 passenger percent vaccination rates is that it allows room for error and flexibility. If a passenger slips through screening or has been found to have used a forged vaccination card or a crew member is unable to get vaccinated for some reason or again the cruise line just makes a mistake the cruise line doesn’t have to worry about losing their authorization to sail. It also does allow some room for children under the age of twelve to be allowed on board since they can't receive the vaccine yet. I suspect kids between 12-15 will be able to shortly get the Pfizer vaccine allowing them to easily sail by July and younger kids are not much further off as well. It’s really nice that sort of room was extended in the requirement. This to me is at least getting better and more of a true start to getting the ports back open. Very glad to also hear that COVID positive passengers can drive home rather than quarantine in the home port , especially in the case of Carnival where so many do drive. That helps. It's not perfect but it helps. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Indeed, seems like some positive movement in the right direction.

Interesting that vaccinations to a high proportion will be required.  Lots of folks will grouse about that, while others, like me, will be quite happy that a line in the sand has been drawn.

It is not an outright mandate for all cruise lines.  The vaccine component allows the lines to make a choice to avoid test cruises and begin revenue sailings.  Lines can still opt for no vaccine test cruises.  The lines that do go for a vaccine requirement will need to certify to the CDC that each sailing complies with the vaccine standards.  They are on the hook legally.

• Like 5

Will masks be required on initial sailings?  We are both fully vaccinated, so we certainly do NOT want to sail in masks.  The only place I still wear mine is when I am at the office - only because it is still policy to do so.  Ugh!  Sorry - been busy so I haven't kept up on any mandatory sailing guidelines - and it just frustrates me if I do.  And thanks Jasonsterling for the info - I was wondering why they won't require 100% for  vaccinations.  I just hope whenever sailings do resume that there are no outbreaks!  Not holding my breath on any start dates - we've all been disappointed so many times.  But I am remaining hopeful and positive!  Hubby and I had burgers and beer last night to celebrate our fully vaccinated status.  It reminded us just how much we miss having a beer with our Guy's Burgers on CCL - oh how we miss that and so many other things on cruises!  😪 Blessings to all and hope to see everyone - including the crew members - soon on the high seas! 🍺🛳️♥️

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I am hopeful that this will happen and is genuine, but at this point am also suspicious that the CDC might be just throwing a bone to the cruise industry in an attempt to just keep them from leaving the US market and then to keep throwing the occasional roadblock that prevents cruising from actually restarting. Again, I really hope it happens though. I have two cruises currently booked with Carnival.  

The naysayers live on.  Good news comes out that shows progress in the talks between the CDC and the cruise lines, but it's just smoke and mirrors according to some.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

That's an interesting thought; also a cloud on our silver lining!  Look at the bright side of life!  Cruising in July is a real possibility!

This is good news from the CDC! Now, the cruise lines have to react by obtain staff that is 95% vaccinated. This may still require a phased in approach. Each cruise line will have prioritize which ships and ports come on line as ships are fully staffed. This is positive movement.

• Like 3